Community Vehicle Suggestions

Tails

I decided to create this topic the for something fun for the community something to help with newer cars for  Louisville in the future just remember this is not a "I want" thread. Here are some examples such as this First Generation  Ford Taurus (1986- 1991) . 

image.png.82fbfe67b7b117c97a2b2d0187f2d71c.png

And another example is this Dodge Spirit 1989 - 1993 

image.png.1af39ee2ca6021625b6c6cb3b6529d92.png

Again its not an "I want" but feel free to suggest your own vehicles.

Had never seen that one before, but I can't but think it resembles the in-game Chevalier Primani quite a bit, specially the shape of the headlights and grill.

Anyway, when I think of ''Early 90s Cars'', there are 3 names that always come to mind.

Ford Taurus (A.K.A. The Momsmobile)

1st_Ford_Taurus_GL_sedan.jpg

If you can look at this guy and not think of either your mom dropping you at school or your GF's face of disappointment when you showed with this at the Prom Dance, then BEGONE MILLENNIAL!

I know at least 17 guys who learned to drive on this one. Truly, it was in the 90s what the Corolla is now....

Ford Mustang GT

8696263-1989-ford-mustang-gt-std-c.jpg

Does this guy even needs an introductions? It's the GT! So much engine in such a tiny packing. It's the one and only Mustang whose driver's seat I've ever graced with the tender touch of my buttocks...

Honda Civic

1988-1991_Honda_Civic_sedan_--_03-21-201

So, the legend was born.  And even after all these years, it's still a very popular choice (thanks in no small part to the EJ1 from the first Fast and Furious).

The only issue with them is that probably I would like them too much to use them.

On the other hand, however...

Toyota Camry (1993)

IMG_4241.jpg

You could just put this in there, so I can enjoy myself wrecking it against the Zed.....

Let's give some love to the poorer neighborhoods in Project Zomboid with one of the greatest jokes on wheels: The Yugo!

Yugo.thumb.jpg.afa5b04a5334ff6bdafac37a4e041a0f.jpg 

Cheap, slow, ugly, and notoriously unreliable, the Yugo was sold in the U.S from 1985 to 1992. It was cheapest car available for sale in America at the time. At least a few of these would've been kicking around the poorer neighborhoods of Louisville and trailer parks of Muldraugh. Maybe parked outside Pizza Whirled with a plastic delivery sign on the roof.

Alternately, something along the lines of an 80's era Dodge Omni/Plymouth Horizon would also've been a fairly common economy car of the time. This four-doored hatchback was still cheap and ugly, but at least it wasn't the punchline that the Yugo was.

5a1d644711afe_PlymouthHorizon.thumb.jpg.7bb34440b0a3d29495dc3b221d58f308.jpg

1984 Ford Econoline Van. According to Wikipedia, "Prior to its discontinuation, the Ford E-Series cargo/passenger van was the best-selling full-size van in the United States since 1980". There must have been a few of these knocking around Muldraugh in 93, maybe in one of the pickup varieties.

5a1d7b84a3f4b_1984FordEconolineVan.jpg.dd4ca3c719a4f74bde07119f480fc516.jpg

The reason I want a 1984 version has nothing to do with the below, (even though the film came out in 94): 

5a1d7cb54ae78_dumbvan.jpg.1bff78a4aa6e69a377d15f4dada3b91a.jpg

11 hours ago, OffitMan said:

1984 Ford Econoline Van. According to Wikipedia, "Prior to its discontinuation, the Ford E-Series cargo/passenger van was the best-selling full-size van in the United States since 1980". There must have been a few of these knocking around Muldraugh in 93, maybe in one of the pickup varieties.

Considering that the in-game van is called the ''Valuline'', I'd say that one's already in. They even resemble quite a bit.

I think they should add forklifts (specifically propane powered) around factories, mills, large businesses, and building sites.  The Fork could flip cars onto their back (or right side up),  or carry goods with a pallet attached.  I say propane powered so that propane tanks become even more sought after; especially when the power craps out and barbecues become necessary.  It would be relatively quiet and have a small turning radius, but would be slow, difficult to repair, and leave the character exposed to attack.

Image result for 1980's forklift propane

• 2 weeks later...

In old sitcom comedy Maried whith children from 1987 to 1997 they show Bundy drive's his old Dodge. And Rich neighbour's ride their BMV, Mercedes. Modern car's now are great. But in most richer neigbous'r should be parked cars like lincoln, bigger SUV"s (Suburban), and some modern pickup's (current one resembles 1970 model's).  In trailer park's could be car's like bundy car. In High Middle more expensive car's. Modern Car's should be placed in shop's parking lot's.  

And the car's should give player more confort (Richer more than rest in rest and pain due to long drive)

pz11.jpg

pz12.png

pz13.jpg

1987_gmc_suburban_3_t.jpg

Edited by Thegeorgegman

• 2 weeks later...

I got some new vehicle suggestions for PZ to add for my suggestion. Here is my suggestion of this 1992 Armored car/ Bank truck . GMC top kick bank truck this will protect you from the zombies, bulletproof and lots of storage space. 

Image result for gmc topkick armored

This hearse to be used for delivering dead corpses to its resting place.   this 1990 Cadillac Deville HearseImage result for hearse cadillac

This minivan would look nice for PZ with more seats and storage. This 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette/ Chevrolet Lumina APV/ Pontiac Transport. 

1st Oldsmobile Silhouette.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Toyota Hilux. Why the Hilux, you ask?

It's renowned as the #1 vehicle of rebels, militants, and other quasi-military units worldwide. 

They were more widely available in the US until the mid 90s, when import bans hit it hard (you used to be able to buy these without issue so long as they were an '89 model or older), but they're still a staple today worldwide in militias and guerilla forces.

Image 1: A Toyota Hilux after Top Gear put it on the roof of a 20-story building about to be detonated by C4 (IT STILL DROVE)

See the source image

Image 2: Taliban Toyota Hilux

Hilux armed

Image 3: Old 1988 Toyota Hilux

See the source image

Image 4: a modified Hilux with treads instead of wheels in Iraq

isis-modifikasi-mobil-toyota-jadi-tank-buat-tempur.jpg

There's also the Toyota War, a war fought in Africa named after the Toyota pickup trucks from the late 80s (Wikipedia).

It's beloved by many US army/marine veterans - to this day you can find them desperately seeking out Hiluxes in the US (SofRep).

The Hilux was on Top Gear; the guys bought a Hilux with 190,000 miles on it for $1500 and did the following to it:

• crashed it into a tree
  • submerged it entirely in the English Channel for 5 hours (it was on a pier, but the ropes snapped and it sank)
  • dropped it from 10 feet
  • dropped an RV on top of it from ~40 feet in the air
  • drove it through a wooden shack
  • hit it with a wrecking ball
  • set it on fire for good measure; they threw a torch into the front driver seat and the cab
  • put it on the roof of a ~20 story, 12,5000 ton concrete skyscraper, then detonated the building with C4

The Hilux STILL DROVE with NO SPARE PARTS - only a hammer, wrench, and WD-40 were required. Although admittedly, the RV dropping on the Toyota did jam the front left door.

Image1: credit to Newsweek

Image2: credit to Sgt Russell Gilchrest, US Army

Image 3: random Google Image

Image 4: credit to the Daily Mirror

Links:

Newsweek, Why Rebel Groups Love the Hilux: http://www.newsweek.com/why-rebel-groups-love-toyota-hilux-74195

SofRep, The Indestructible Toyota Hi-Lux is Finally Coming to America: https://sofrep.com/78215/indestructible-toyota-hi-lux-finally-coming-america/

The Toyota War: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War

Top Gear, Killing a Toyota Part 1 (8 minute video) -

Edited by Darkmark8910

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for necroing this, but maybe we should bring this thread back on top and sticky it now that the Vehicles hit IWBUMS

On 3/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, Darkmark8910 said:

The Toyota Hilux.

Ah, the Hilux; the Toyota should've called it ''The Rasputin'', because there's just no way to kill those things. One of my neighbors has one, it's well over 600K miles, and runs better than many newer cars...

This is a really good thread, such cars would blend right in.

I'm interested, the current set of vehicle models is the final version or do the developers plan to expand it? I'm not talking about things like bikes and RV, which would require additional systems. I'm talking about normal, usual cars, like most in this thread.

Edited by Keshash

14 hours ago, Keshash said:

This is a really good thread, such cars would blend right in.

I'm interested, the current set of vehicle models is the final version or do the developers plan to expand it? I'm not talking about things like bikes and RV, which would require additional systems. I'm talking about normal, usual cars, like most in this thread.

I do have a few more cars modeled but i think the focus will be on refining what we have and get what we currently have working with the anim build and new importer (so we can have interior views), doubling down and making sure the scale of the cars/characters fit the world and add attachments (in what ever form they take).

Adding a new vehicle isn't just about importing a new model and texture (unfortunately :P ) there's a few more things to be done so having everything properly fleshed out and working means we don't have to keep going over the same stuff. I mean, we kind of are a little at the moment as we finalise the vehicle build but i'd rather do that with the set of vehicles we have, rather than add five more and have to continually tweak those as well. :)