RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

6 hours ago, Hicks said:

IWBUMS isn't for you then. Its a test build, an unstable and likely bugged version of the game. That's the purpose of it, to find the issues and fix them. You'll be better off waiting for the next public build.

IWBUMS has been the only way to get any new content in the last 7 months

Edited by NebNebber
Spellinh faail

10 hours ago, NebNebber said:

There have been several posts in my 'unread posts' over the last couple of days, some as bug reports orhers just as posts. As i said i haven't played iv just noticed the posts.  One example is Joosy69's post above 

I had assumed you'd found something new. We know about those bugs, as they've been reported in the bugs section and on the forum.

Bugs are to be expected -- there's nothing that's perfect on release and no doubt people will be finding small issues with the map for years to come. It's just the way it is.

If you find anything new, report it and we'll fix it.

2 hours ago, kirrus said:

Sometimes these things just take time. Conditions for accepting IWBUMS includes accepting that it'll be buggy, that it may break your saves, and that we really need bug reports.

Yeah i gets ya.  Also @EnigmaGrey i know the deal, just abit bummed at this years development history.  Rooooll on 1.0   my faith waivers :(

12 hours ago, NebNebber said:

Yeah i gets ya.  Also @EnigmaGrey i know the deal, just abit bummed at this years development history.  Rooooll on 1.0   my faith waivers :(

Part of why this year hit the hardest is probably the "Animations are going to happen soon folks!" 3 months, it was the RC NPC history all over again.

We probably could be looking at NPCs by Q2 next year if we are lucky and finally put all of this to bed.

Also i am really digging the new map, but most of the bugs i found were reported already, hope they add a bit more zombie denseity and trees or something, it feels lacking of that.

17 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

We probably could be looking at NPCs by Q2 next year if we are lucky and finally put all of this to bed.

I work the winter season doing stuff in the Arctic circle, rhis means i travel alot during the summer and most of my gaming time is happening now, my working season is also my gaming season, lol.  So last year i was totally hyped for creative, i love that kinda stuff, i was dreaming of all the real life places including my home as stages for Zombie survival, but now here i am 1 year later no closer but with a little more vanilla map and a nutrition thing that has clearly taken alot of work this spring/summer but was never listed on the road map or resoundingly requested (i may be wrong).

Tbh i think it all could be a symptom of a very busy year for me personally.

I would love to see Creative mode by Q2 next year but NPC's i doubt it.

Edited by NebNebber

8 hours ago, NebNebber said:

I would love to see Creative mode by Q2 next year but NPC's i doubt it.

Most of the tease now about the animations update is not the animations themselves but the hype of carrying the NPCs foward, i doubt that they will release the animations update and then out of the blue creative mode and other features before the NPCs.

I mean they are pretty much poking at us with a stick saying "Just you wait until the animations are over ;)" when talking about NPCs, they even said that animations are the only thing that is stopping the NPCs from begin in the game. (Unless we get another situation where they said that the female models were the challenge in the animation update and they were kinda wrong, then again i been hopeful for at least more than 3 years by now).

To return to the topic, the new area really really needs more zombies, is a residential area after all and i though that the zombie count would go up as days passed, but seems like that hasn't been the case after 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

To return to the topic, the new area really really needs more zombies, is a residential area after all and i though that the zombie count would go up as days passed, but seems like that hasn't been the case after 2 weeks.

It could be that it has no Zeds so that we can spot and report bugs and stuff easier without having to run away from the dead, that would be a lame reason but its the only justification i can think of.  Is it so hard to fix? Do we have to wait a whole week.  Its abit disapointing that noone at TIS had a little run around first, yeah i know its IWBUMS and that WE are the testers but still....

RJ is doing the zed map stuff tomorrow morning I think along with loot table and foraging stuff, primary aim for getting new map content out there in IWBUMS is getting feedback on map bugs really. The zeds will be more common in the next build :)

Prison has a lot more zeds in there as it has 200+ rooms, so it's triggering the spawn-lots-of-zombies code that was added for the Crossroads Mall.

19 minutes ago, Gurluas said:

I recommend having a sledgehammer barrier, like the one in Westpoint.

So you need a sledgehammer to get into the armory because it has an armored door.

I don't like the idea of stuff being locked away behind finding rare items like the sledge (like planks with saw etc). The player should have a variety of options to get rare/special items, rather than just playing long enough to find a prerequisite. I remember lockpicking being mentioned in an old mondoid, seeing the return of that would be cool. Maybe breaking down strong doors would require really high fitness? Maybe sledgehammers could have finite uses?

I think it would be good if you had to prioritize which things you want to use the sledge for- Do I want to use it now to see what could be in this strange room, or save it for an escape if I get cornered in a room with no windows? Seeing the game become more open with routes to take could really mix things up for replay-value, as apposed to the current meta of 'carpenter farms in the woods for two months'. 

Edited by hunger john

2 minutes ago, hunger john said:

I don't like the idea of stuff being locked away behind finding rare items like the sledge (like planks with saw etc). The player should have a variety of options to get rare/special items, rather than just playing long enough to find a prerequisite. I remember lockpicking being mentioned in an old mondoid, seeing the return of that would be cool. Maybe breaking down strong doors would require really high fitness? Maybe sledgehammers could have finite uses?

I think it would be good if you had to prioritize which things you want to use the sledge for- Do I want to use it now to see what could be in this strange room, or save it for an escape if I get cornered in a room with no windows? Seeing the game become more open with routes to take could really mix things up for replay-value, as apposed to the current meta of 'carpenter farms in the woods for two months'. 

Doesn't the Sledgehammer lose durability when you break down stuff with it? That's pretty much finite use.

3 minutes ago, Gurluas said:

Doesn't the Sledgehammer lose durability when you break down stuff with it? That's pretty much finite use.

If it does, then it doesn't seem to lose enough to be any trouble- in over 200 hours of play, I don't think I've ever had a sledge break on me.

Of course, my personal experience isn't final word on the balance of the sledge's durability, but I think how quickly it breaks could at least be looked over.

Edited by hunger john

Just now, hunger john said:

If it does, then it doesn't seem to lose enough to be any trouble- in over 200 hours of play, I don't think I've ever had a sledge break on me.

Maybe that is what should be adjusted then. It doesn't really make sense that a single sledgehammer can destroy entire buildings and hardly lose durability.

39 minutes ago, Zorak said:

Why to block access to guns if we dont use them that much ? They are not OP :-/

A place with a lot of guns and ammo is nice but so is supermarket or pharmacy.

The supermarket's useless once the power goes out since there's almost no non-perishables, and I really hope you're not getting injured often enough to warrant looting the entire pharmacy.

The OPness with guns lies in that with enough ammo you can clear out an entire area in a day or two without worry, leaving you completely safe until a migration or meta-game sound drags some more over. I've seen two guys with a shotgun shell stockpile clear out the entirely of muldraugh in under a week.

I'd suggest making guns themselves more common since it's a rural setting, while making ammo a bit more difficult to obtain (less huge clumps in concentrated areas like the gun store, etc).

9 minutes ago, hunger john said:

The supermarket's useless once the power goes out since there's almost no non-perishables, and I really hope you're not getting injured often enough to warrant looting the entire pharmacy.

The OPness with guns lies in that with enough ammo you can clear out an entire area in a day or two without worry, leaving you completely safe until a migration or meta-game sound drags some more over. I've seen two guys with a shotgun shell stockpile clear out the entirely of muldraugh in under a week.

I'd suggest making guns themselves more common since it's a rural setting, while making ammo a bit more difficult to obtain (less huge clumps in concentrated areas like the gun store, etc).

But you need a lot of ammo, good aiming skill once you clear one zone you have to clear it from all zeds from adjacent zones (noise). Ammo is still limited. Yes its a good spot, better than police station but still not super OP.