DrivPZr

nasKo

4 hours ago, thiosk said:

it would be really really really cool if there the lunar cycle were added for night, so even in all black conditions you can still get a full moon, occasionally

Romain said this was added, but multiple people on the forum reported it as not working. Would love to see this re-integrated into the game with the new darkness changes though. Would really add to the game-play and immersion :D While I know a pitch black place (with no light pollution) is dark as Hell (I volunteer at an animal sanctuary out in rural eastern Colorado and when the sun goes down it gets crazy dark), I know that light pollution (and Moon light pollution) is a real thing that should be included in the monthly night cycle for PZ. As well as how it should already be considered in urban areas of PZ (considering houses have lights and lights attract zombies) lol

3 hours ago, Egg Bandage Boy said:

I would love to have a slider for "zombie response to firearms" and if possible a "food life" slider to include things like chips, chocolate and eventually even canned foods becoming inedible after long periods of time.

i won't ask for sliders for the food because with itemzed, the modding tool, its really straight forward to modify them to give them shelf lives.

2 hours ago, OnceYouKillACow said:

RJ I would like to suggest a even more rare items and food for experienced players!

Really? That can be done aye, I could add more difficult option for really hardcore players :D

About night darkness, pitch black mean... Pitch black, tbh, without lampost outside, you just don't go outside without a torchlight, candle is the minimum but not really good light radius... During full moon you can barely see some things, but it's intended to be damn black :D

About change how zombie act during day/night, that's a good suggestion, although will be quite hard to do.. I'll investigate if i can find a quick way to do it...

And moon phase yup, it was buggin' i didn't even know, it's fixed now (in general, by doing all these sandbox options i fixed bunch of small things like this :D)

7 hours ago, OnceYouKillACow said:

RJ I would like to suggest a even more rare items and food for experienced players!

What would that include, and how would you make it exclusive to experienced players? RJ needs more details.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Really? That can be done aye, I could add more difficult option for really hardcore players :D

About night darkness, pitch black mean... Pitch black, tbh, without lampost outside, you just don't go outside without a torchlight, candle is the minimum but not really good light radius... During full moon you can barely see some things, but it's intended to be damn black :D

About change how zombie act during day/night, that's a good suggestion, although will be quite hard to do.. I'll investigate if i can find a quick way to do it...

And moon phase yup, it was buggin' i didn't even know, it's fixed now (in general, by doing all these sandbox options i fixed bunch of small things like this :D)

Wohoo!!! Thanks for responding to our suggestions! I think if you could find a way to allow us to have seperate settings for day and night, we could accomplish exactly what you said in the Mondoid, but with even more detail! For example, zombies are inactive during the day, weak, and short-sighted. But, for whatever reason, at night, they are sprinters with eagle-eye vision and pinpoint hearing. It would allow us players to create our own lore. That would be so cool. ^.^ Then, suddenly, Zomboid becomes like Darkwood, my favorite horror game ever. Here's a screenshot of the game during the day, and one during the night.

I wish I had taken better/more screenshots of Darkwood so I could explain this better, but here they are:

Darkwood during the day (note, I was looking at the ground, but when your character is facing forward, everything is as bright as the little area in the circle around my character):

E2512AD1309ED823B611A8B7EF63ACE3F2EB4771 (1600×900)

Darkwood at night (note, you can only see what little light is provided by the lights connected to the generator if you choose to start it. Starting the generator in-game uses a priceless in-game item, gas, and it is unknown whether keeping it on attracts the horrors of the night or repels them, so it's a gamble):

390B034135A5B6A149360E4F0E61159C95E110E6 (1600×900)

If you choose not to have any light, NOTHING outside of your character's immediate radius is visible. Period. It's completely black like the right side of the screen, but they've added some neat fog and smoke effects to give the darkness even more of a solid feel. I'm not expecting smoke effects or anything, I just want everyone to know what I was basing my opinion on when I wrote my last post about pitch black darkness.

By the way, almost anyone who likes Zomboid would like this game. It's terrifying, has permadeath as an option, procedurally generated world, good story (so far).

EDIT: Happy 400th post for me! :)

Edited by BayCon

The atmosphere of darkness, an aspect of the unknown strikes fear into the mind of the player. Pitch black nights, creating the right conditions for zombies to investigate any unusual lights. Even more so for any lights which a player has touched. Maybe that street light they ignore because they've seen it before, but the light left on upstairs is new... must go have a look... maybe there's some brains to nibble on, a midnight snack perhaps?

A new mid-game random event: "Night of the living dead". In the dead of night, fog settles in, the sky grows exceedingly dark, the frogs and crickets go dead silent, distant moans of unrest, it sounds like there is a larger gathering of zeds outside than normal. It's a good thing you barricaded down stairs and made a sheet rope. Only problem is, if you try to run, how will you see? You have a torch? But the fog is so thick and you can hardly see your feet, even with the torch. Maybe you're thinking that you should have slept the night away? Not tonight! Try as you may, but the banging noises wake you up. Should you risk going downstairs to get your shotgun? Or try to be quiet and hold out upstairs until first light? The only problem is, they remembered that light, and want to be in the very room you're in... If only you hadn't stayed up so late, the light would have been off... maybe you should have built more walls... one simple mistake turns into a movie like experience *yells at the screen 'don't just stand there and get eaten, run you fool, run!'*

33 minutes ago, Rekkie said:

The atmosphere of darkness, an aspect of the unknown strikes fear into the mind of the player. Pitch black nights, creating the right conditions for zombies to investigate any unusual lights. Even more so for any lights which a player has touched. Maybe that street light they ignore because they've seen it before, but the light left on upstairs is new... must go have a look... maybe there's some brains to nibble on, a midnight snack perhaps?

A new mid-game random event: "Night of the living dead". In the dead of night, fog settles in, the sky grows exceedingly dark, the frogs and crickets go dead silent, distant moans of unrest, it sounds like there is a larger gathering of zeds outside than normal. It's a good thing you barricaded down stairs and made a sheet rope. Only problem is, if you try to run, how will you see? You have a torch? But the fog is so thick and you can hardly see your feet, even with the torch. Maybe you're thinking that you should have slept the night away? Not tonight! Try as you may, but the banging noises wake you up. Should you risk going downstairs to get your shotgun? Or try to be quiet and hold out upstairs until first light? The only problem is, they remembered that light, and want to be in the very room you're in... If only you hadn't stayed up so late, the light would have been off... maybe you should have built more walls... one simple mistake turns into a movie like experience *yells at the screen 'don't just stand there and get eaten, run you fool, run!'*

This comment pointed out to me the lack of sounds outside at night. I live in the country (not too unlike Muld & WP, Ky) and on a loud night, there are almost a deafeningly large amount of crickets. Sometimes you can hear a giant frog that grows in our back pond every year croaking loudly, and on quieter nights, you can hear owls singing a song they only sing in my area. If I could program, a sound overhaul would be the first mod I would make. It would probably just start with night sounds though.

46 minutes ago, dareddevil7 said:

Will survivors with the Veteran job not be repulsed by rotting corpses?

Well, what they're talking about is becoming sick, not just repulsed. A person's reaction to a pile of corpses isn't exactly related to the fact that if they live around them on a daily basis, they will become a threat to the person's health, no matter how little the corpses mess with them emotionally.

1 hour ago, BayCon said:

Well, what they're talking about is becoming sick, not just repulsed. A person's reaction to a pile of corpses isn't exactly related to the fact that if they live around them on a daily basis, they will become a threat to the person's health, no matter how little the corpses mess with them emotionally.

I said not get repulsed. Not not get sick.

25 minutes ago, Peetfighter said:

@RobertJohnson There is 1 thing I've always wanted to see in Sandbox. Simply the removal of points when picking traits, make us able to pick all the positive traits without having to pick a single negative one. Thanks for considering.

It's done, you have a new sandbox option to add as many free traits points as you want :D

Hey RJ, can you add specification settings into the building destruction and health? For example, if i wanted zombies to be able to destroy wood panel walls but not log walls or metal walls and etc. On medical if someone wanted to make scratches very minor but a deep glass wound in my leg very serious and make a gunshot in my arm survivable but in my gut fatal?

11 hours ago, BayCon said:

This comment pointed out to me the lack of sounds outside at night. I live in the country (not too unlike Muld & WP, Ky) and on a loud night, there are almost a deafeningly large amount of crickets. Sometimes you can hear a giant frog that grows in our back pond every year croaking loudly, and on quieter nights, you can hear owls singing a song they only sing in my area. If I could program, a sound overhaul would be the first mod I would make. It would probably just start with night sounds though.

8 hours ago, Margera said:

oh, look a little more PZ Suggestions my friend

Agreed, nights would definitely be complimented by additional sounds and melody background music (such as on a radio/tv).

I do believe that this HL1 mod - They Hunger (which is one of my all time favorites) points out how powerful sounds are, without the radio voice, the background music and the general environmental sounds, this mod wouldn't have the same fear factor.

[If any of the developers haven't seen or played They Hunger, I highly recommend this video. -- video footage in spoiler]

Spoiler

Edited by Rekkie
boldness, much bold font!

It would be nice to have more categories for Loot Distribution as opposed to just very, very generalized Food, Weapons and Other.

Food could be broken down between stuff that doesn't go bad and stuff that does, weapons should be broken down into Melee, Firearms and Tools (Like Hammer, Axe etc.), Ammo should have a separate category.

Other should be broken down into stuff like Clothing, Kitchen Stuff, Crafting Materials, Trash, Electronics and Tools. Really, the more the better.

Edit:

To be more precise I think various items should be given a DisplayCategory of some type in the script and the distribution should work off that rather than the way it works now which is mostly off of item's Type.

The 3 distribution types already there could stay and individual categories could be sub options under those for extra micro management of how much stuff there will be.

Just having more categories (Tools, melee, Firearms, Canned Food, Food, Crafting Material, Electronic, Skill Book etc. etc.) would also help a ton with inventory management.

Edited by Svarog

@RobertJohnson

How about instead of more rare items make quality level for items that we have in game ?

Like: dull axe, sharp axe etc. The difference between them is damage, durability etc. Nothing big but you can see diference between worst possible item quality and finest one.

Edited by Zorak

Question about zombies being attracted to the light in houses, on the first night they would walk over to houses with light in them, possibly bang in a couple doors and windows the upon not discovering anyone there, shuffle around the lighted area because the light keeps agroing them. Once it's daytime again they shuffle around some more and maybe spend all day going all of 40 ft from the house if they're lucky, then once night time rolls around again, wouldn't they just walk straight back to the house and repeat the cycle?