Build 38 and Beyond: Small but Important Suggestions Thread
23 23

437 posts in this topic

More variety of loot for barricaded houses. For now,we only have canned foods,weapons and ammo.

Where the common things,like toilet paper? Books to not get bored? You know what i mean.

Posted (edited)

456. Vision behind buildings is very problematic and annoying.

The default way vision works is that every wall which is facing the opposite side of the camera is black, and when player steps behind it, there is a limited globe around the player in which he can see... why? It makes no sense, it's unrealistic and a poor gameplay choice. It means that the player can only see very little in front of him and only because the camera is set that way.

The character should have a clear vision as if it's supposed to be his POV, not the camera's that matters. Just like everything that's behind the character usually fades darker and you can't see zombies where character isn't facing.

Examples:

sVgOsvJ.jpg

WuitTRE.jpg

SCv8tyc.jpg

In the first image, very little can be seen, all though the character should be able to see down that whole wall.

In the second image, the player is a bit too far away from the walls, so his globe doesn't reach them and thus he is blind for that part of the walls.

The third image is the best example. The player shouldn't be able to see behind him, but he should be able to see all the way in front along those walls. Yet, that isn't the case.

Please, fix it ASAP. I haven't been noticing it that much, but as I began to play better and do riskier stuff, go into town/city more and got better feel of mechanics, this just feels broken.

My solution would be to have this portion of the wall about 75%-85% transparent, and the color either gray, dark blue-gray or the color of the wall itself (other walls that the camera can see).

EDIT: Sorry if this reply is too long and/or if the suggestion is not a "small" one, I just didn't want to make another thread just for this, but I will do it if you feel like I should.

Edited by Snaiper

On 6/28/2017 at 2:00 PM, Snaiper said:

The character should have a clear vision as if it's supposed to be his POV, not the camera's that matters.

Great summary to this problem. The immersion of seeing full buildings is great, but is broken when the player realizes "wait I'm blinded by these walls and rooftops."

I'm imagining this is a midway point in the camera development and that there are no plans to keep it this way.

Posted (edited)

On 6/28/2017 at 5:00 PM, Snaiper said:

In the first image, very little can be seen, all though the character should be able to see down that whole wall.

In the second image, the player is a bit too far away from the walls, so his globe doesn't reach them and thus he is blind for that part of the walls.

The third image is the best example. The player shouldn't be able to see behind him, but he should be able to see all the way in front along those walls. Yet, that isn't the case.

Please, fix it ASAP. I haven't been noticing it that much, but as I began to play better and do riskier stuff, go into town/city more and got better feel of mechanics, this just feels broken.

My solution would be to have this portion of the wall about 75%-85% transparent, and the color either gray, dark blue-gray or the color of the wall itself (other walls that the camera can see).

EDIT: Sorry if this reply is too long and/or if the suggestion is not a "small" one, I just didn't want to make another thread just for this, but I will do it if you feel like I should.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The update to be able to see the roof was great but there are a few major pen-and-paper problems with not being able to see what's behind them without running up to them.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Because of this problem it is very easy to get a bullet, while not even knowing where it came from.

On 29.06.2017 at 0:00 AM, Snaiper said:

ANIMATION OVERHAUL UPDATE RELATED.

1. In previous animation video we can see that corpses near walls and other stuff is looks kinda weird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUy7ljuVwc&index=13&list=PLfbBovtF3ArAWLpkayQUqMEG9BJT_LJjg ( 0:43 ). I propose system from Hotline miami, when someon got killed near wall it just appears special sprite. Same with PZ, just add special animation for that ( maybe you already did this, i do not know )

2. Will we see more 90s with this update, like tec-9 ( with possibility to remake it to full - auto ), maybe classic UZI and micro UZI? ( and handmade connected clips to speed up reloading ). 

Don't mind my spelling i have 48 chromosomes.

Margera likes this

1 hour ago, DramaSetter said:

Don't mind my spelling i have 48 chromosomes.

What is that supposed to mean? 

1.dunno if this is is possible but its a little detail that'd be kinda cool. If you smack a zombie in the head while facing a window, and the zombies killed, itd be cool to see it fall back and smash through the window.

2. it'd be kinda cool, although again dunno if it could be done, is if u plow ur car into a wall at high speeds u could fly out the windscreen and get knocked out, and then wake up later. (yeah I know cars aren't in build 38 but I dunno where else to put this so here it goes

DramaSetter likes this

On 7/6/2017 at 0:59 AM, Margera said:

Because of this problem it is very easy to get a bullet, while not even knowing where it came from.

That's happened to me ;_;

Realistic nerf for the shotguns.

Shotguns shouldn't kill more than 1 person at shot.

Shotguns should be a good weapon for character without "firearm aim skill" because it's easy to hit the object with shotgun ammo. 

Yes, i know that this is already ingame ( chance to hit without skill is high ) but need to be a little bit higher, for balance.

Shotgun ammo should hit target at high distance at least with one pellet ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38a7L60SLJs ) 

Also, all firearms in my opinion should have 100 or at least 95 ( hello to the fallout / fallout 2 ) chance to hit when you stay close near your target, not depended on your firearm aim. 

Do not say me that this will make shotguns useless. They too OP in current version and this need to be nerfed. If shotguns will kill max 1 person at once, but don't require high aim, this will just another good update to the good game.

23 23