Map Specific Problems

Rathlord

Question

Please post here for map specific bugs like invisible walls, glitches, pathing problems, etc. Thanks everyone! Try to post screenshots in spoilers or videos whenever possible.

Map-specific issues:

Hello there,

this thread is the place to post all your map-related problems (missing walls, wrong window placement, kitchens without sinks, etc...).

Please follow these guidelines when reporting a problem:

• Download the Coordinate-Viewer and place the .lua file in your /media/lua folder. (The viewer can be de-/activated ingame by pressing P)
  • When you find a problem in the game, take a screenshot that includes the coordinates of the map object.
  • Please wrap any screenshots you post in "thumbnail" tags.
  • Make sure to describe the problem as closely as possible.
  • Add the version of Project Zomboid in which you encountered the problem. (Important!)
Cheers,

RoboMat

Example:

Version: 2.9.9.10

Description: Shack is missing floor tiles.

1kNqJbR.jpg

• Answers 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've caught up with these, thanks everyone :)

Just a few notes:

-getting caught in furniture after climbing through a window is something that will likely be addressed code-wise in the future

-invisible walls are indeed not a map problem, but a pesky bug that we're definitely aware of ;)

-the occasional door/window on the first floor appearing on the second floor seems to be a bug, not a map issue. Since this doesn't seem to happen often, I'm not sure what's causing it but I'll bring it up with Lemmy

The diner on the highway (X:3115, Y:3061) not only has no toilet (or anything!) in its little bathroom, but appears to have counters placed where stools should be!

I'll see if I can grab a screenshot to attach later, if needed.

This is my first map bug report, so apologies if this one has been spotted already (I searched for 'diner' but nothing found).

Oh, and is it just me or does the Farmer's Market (X: 3114, Y: 2760) not have a front door? What looks like big glass doors seem to be un-openable for me (even when inside, they "smash" like windows to be climbed through, but without any "smashed" graphic appearing).

Thanks guys!

Oh, and is it just me or does the Farmer's Market (X: 3114, Y: 2760) not have a front door? What looks like big glass doors seem to be un-openable for me (even when inside, they "smash" like windows to be climbed through, but without any "smashed" graphic appearing).

Those are the kinds of doors that automatically open when you walk on them, but they're non-functional :)

Sorry don't have coordinates  :oops:

I went into the blue and white house (in the image) and I think most of the people know about the "not real" wall in the house.
So I accidentally went into it and the game crashed, and when I reloaded the save it left me in this square and I was unable to generate the map anymore.

wwSHUhMl.jpg

Edit: The map finally loaded after about 10 minutes of running around this place, but with black squares still around. I did find a huge horde. It looked larger than normal (and was only into the save for one day), but the main reason why I'm saying this is because part of the horde spawned inside the house it was next to. No doors or windows were broken/open. (This was also on the latest Interim build.)

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/504695223136000145/A2F3485CCEFF65FC0434B1446C0F1E6549CE7FDB/

The wall i'm facing here where the window is with the closed blind, can be walked straight through. Can also view inside the walk in wardrobe or cupboard or w/e from outside when standing there.

I didn't walk too far and didn't fall, so don't know if there's invisible floor there too or not.

Sorry, no coordinates. I am unable to acess the top floor of this West Point house. No door shows up when at the top of the stairs, it's just dark.

Having the same problem with a couple of houses in that general area.

Also, I found it impossible to enter through the doorways of the gas station, spiffo burger, and clothing store along the highway between West Point and Muldraugh. The three buildings grouped around Column 291 Row 77 for easy reference. 

Have no idea if someone have reported this yet but, here we go.

You can enter both buildings here, seen by the arrows below.

wtycmw.jpg

Edit - forgot about the coordinates. But hey, you gave birth to this map

so you should be able to find it (tip, middle Muldraugh). ;)

GL

Another map problem. The gas station between Dixie and West Point have no walls.

And across the street - at Spiffos - you can't enter through their back door. It's only

a black hole at the moment (and likewise a door inside leading to the toilet(?) perhaps).

EDIT1: Spiffos main entrence not working either. Whole building is bugged. Sorry.

1zx75g.jpg

EDIT2: You can't go upstairs in the house below here (South WP):

33oi9ee.jpg

Ah so we meet again Map thread.

To bad Im too lazy to contribute ;-;

Nah. I haven't seen any map bugs, Mash has done good hiding them.

Have no idea if someone have reported this yet but, here we go.

You can enter both buildings here, seen by the arrows below.

wtycmw.jpg

Edit - forgot about the coordinates. But hey, you gave birth to this map

so you should be able to find it (tip, middle Muldraugh). ;)

GL

Don't no one fix these walls unless we can open those garage doors. I found my axe after 3 weeks of searching in it e_e

The End, can you describe the problem with the gas station with some more detail? Can you walk through the walls, or are the doors not working? I think I've now fixed the rest, but the problem with that location still eludes me :)

Sure, I'll do anything for you! And I even made a new picture. Bonus points to me right?

The Zombies came through the wall were the arrow is pointing. And after they had been taken

care off, I could walk through the visible outer wall (my nice red drawing). But if I remember

correctly I could use the main entrance door like normal. Only Spiffos had problems with doors.

I don't recall any problems with the back wall at the gas station (am in WP now and can't really

go back and check). But let me know if the problem persists and I will go back anyway and look

at the location inch by inch til this is sorted for you.

2ymzlo5.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't no one fix these walls unless we can open those garage doors. I found my axe after 3 weeks of searching in it e_e

Lol, Yeah, I agree. If you fix the wall there is no way to get the goodies inside. Unless you add

the possibility to destroy car ports that is. Hmm well... a couple of shots with the sledgehammer

should do the trick I reckon? Right?

I've just been sent a "bug report" of sorts:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5159857536764706,0.20440831801470588,63.89599987412455

The overlay on this building says all I got:

Bugged second floor in this house. Everytime i try to leave the 2nd floor of this house the game stops responding and crashes.

Unfortunately, that's all I got. No name on it either.

Maybe you can make something from it?