Bicycles yes. Drivable cars no.

kspdrgn

I don't want cars. They'll ruin the game in my opinion and the map just isn't big enough (yet) to need them.

Cars should be broken down static containers full of loot, zombies, and car alarms. City streets will be choked with abandoned and wrecked cars.

I just want to ride my bicycle, bicycle, bicycle. They're stealthy, don't require gas or much maintanence, and they're fast! And they keep the spirit of bleak survival post apocalypse.

I'd also like to tear apart one bicycle to craft a trailer to hitch behind another bike :3

It will take so much to make cars first class citizens of the game, and I'd much rather see the dev team's effort be put into better things than turning this into 'zombie car game'. Do you think PZ will ever feel the same when every player is zipping around in cars?

Whats the deal?

If you dont like to use a car, just ignore it and enjoy the show from the distance. Being silent gives you big strategic advanteges.

But you can hardly mow down Zombies with a bycicle.

You wont be able to mow down zombies with a car either, shit going to break down if you do.

As for your suggestion of no cars, hell no, i need a car in this game, after playing PZ in servers with custom maps, you realize how much you need a car in the game, i like the idea of cretin roads begin blocked by a lot of cars (imagine the bridge of WP to the Mall), but there should be a way to clear it so you can pass it, but right now i don't even have an idea of how this would work.

I'm on the fence with cars.

On one hand, it would make long-distance travel awesome. It would no longer be a feat of endurance and survival, but rather a feat of planning and strategy. Do I have enough gasoline to make it to the next city? Will there be any source of gasoline once I arrive? Are there hordes in my way? Will I have enough room to maneuver my car through the bodies and debris?

I say bodies because humans are big and chunky. Think about it: our body is generally larger than that of a street curb. We have pointy bones and mass for tires to get stuck in. A car would not make it very far at all trying to ram and run over zombies.

If you hit even 4 or 5 street curbs in a car going at a pace faster than a crawl, you'd likely sustain significant damage that would prevent your vehicle from moving. This is where realism vs. fantasy will take place, and this is a decision for the developers. In order to even conceivably traverse over a pile or street littered with bodies, you'd have to take it very slow. If you didn't, you'd destroy the cars alignment, the axles, the tires and god knows what else. Cars can be a pain in the ass in real life; the apocalypse wouldn't be any nicer to them.

Hopefully they lean more to the realistic side of things than the fantasy side of things, because cars could very well make or break the threat of zombies. If you're surrounded by zombies while in a car, I don't even want there to be an option of escape. You've just turned yourself into canned food. Unless maybe you have a sun-roof. That's just my opinion though.

On a semi-unrelated note, I do hope they change gas stations to work differently than they currently do. I've actually worked at a boat station where we would pump fuel and sewage to and from their boat, respectively. Each week, I'd have to do a measurement of our gasoline tanks which essentially involved sticking a 15-meter stick into the ground to measure where the gas level was in the tank and order enough gasoline to last us the following week. While the tanks were kept underground, one could retrieve gas from them without electricity. All it would take it a garden hose and gravity.

I'm on the fence with cars.

On one hand, it would make long-distance travel awesome. It would no longer be a feat of endurance and survival, but rather a feat of planning and strategy. Do I have enough gasoline to make it to the next city? Will there be any source of gasoline once I arrive? Are there hordes in my way? Will I have enough room to maneuver my car through the bodies and debris?

I say bodies because humans are big and chunky. Think about it: our body is generally larger than that of a street curb. We have pointy bones and mass for tires to get stuck in. A car would not make it very far at all trying to ram and run over zombies.

If you hit even 4 or 5 street curbs in a car going at a pace faster than a crawl, you'd likely sustain significant damage that would prevent your vehicle from moving. This is where realism vs. fantasy will take place, and this is a decision for the developers. In order to even conceivably traverse over a pile or street littered with bodies, you'd have to take it very slow. If you didn't, you'd destroy the cars alignment, the axles, the tires and god knows what else. Cars can be a pain in the ass in real life; the apocalypse wouldn't be any nicer to them.

Hopefully they lean more to the realistic side of things than the fantasy side of things, because cars could very well make or break the threat of zombies. If you're surrounded by zombies while in a car, I don't even want there to be an option of escape. You've just turned yourself into canned food. Unless maybe you have a sun-roof. That's just my opinion though.

On a semi-unrelated note, I do hope they change gas stations to work differently than they currently do. I've actually worked at a boat station where we would pump fuel and sewage to and from their boat, respectively. Each week, I'd have to do a measurement of our gasoline tanks which essentially involved sticking a 15-meter stick into the ground to measure where the gas level was in the tank and order enough gasoline to last us the following week. While the tanks were kept underground, one could retrieve gas from them without electricity. All it would take it a garden hose and gravity.

I know i read that the devs said something along the lines of Running over a horde=You are so fucked.

As for gasoline, i am worried too, if there is no other means to get gasoline out of a pump, we are looking into a zombie apocalypse becoming some sort of Mad Max game.

I am strongly for this only due to a few reasons.

1.) They are pretty balanced since the lack of use for fuel and major amount of fuel as well as lack of mobility and space that they can be moved.

2.) Ability to have large loads of items without needing to worry about return trips, or in the case something goes wrong and making an escape.

3.) travel across towns without taking a few day trip and only having what you can carry to survive on.

4.) The ability to have multiple people without having to worry about endurance.

Yes, the game will be the same with cars in it, in my humble opinion.

The map is already huge, and in my experience it takes a long time to run from one end of it to another. Such a significant amount that the player would take breaks in between, at multiple points. And that's not counting what the devs have planned in the future.

Unfortunately not everyone has the time or focus to have a dedicated hike every time they want to do a fishing trip, or go from their Muldraugh base to the mall. A lot of players are limited to what's within walking distance simply because they aren't in the mood (or have the time) to go for an ingame jog.

Cars would be a rewarding experience for those players, as walking and bicycles would have advantages but the usage of cars would add a lot more to the game.

People would be walking everywhere mostly anyways even with cars as an option, as it would be consuming and inefficient to take everywhere. I personally doubt it would ruin the hardcore survival aspect of the game. I trust the devs won't turn it into a Mad Max kind of deal, as transforming your car into an armored tank is entirely unrealistic.

Edit: Just to add, if the game was marked as completed and it did not have automobiles in it, I can see people complaining about the lack there of. So there is also that to worry about.

Cars are a must ! They are just important part of Zapocalipse. The important part is to ballance them right but devs will do it right for 100%.

For a fuel:

make the generator power up fuel pomps and make the fuel finite at gas station.

So we can still get the remaining fuel but once its empty all you can do is to find another gas station.

This sounds more like a personal reason of why you won't use cars, rather than why they shouldn't be in the game.

Adding more risk-reward scenarios will increase decision-making options and improve the game, at least it has so long as I've been playing.

wonder how they will nerf having zombies be ran over. It could be something like damage to the car (which irl isn't very likely) or possibly the blood would block your vision. This seems to be very interesting how they could do something like this.

I personally want to see broken down cars in the road with the doors all open as evidence of people fleeing them. I want to see a pile up of cars where an accident occurred. I want to see cars off the road stuck in the mud/grass as they tried to drive around obstacles. I want to see abandoned cars left in driveways and garages.

Stuff like that will make the world so much more plausible, immersive, and realistic.

One thing that hasn't been talked about, and maybe its for the best for game play, is that automotive gasoline does not store well. It is good for at best 6 months or so. So after about 6 months cars will be a moot point anyways. Maybe for the sake of game play this fact should not be included. Ironically, the more fuel that is pulled from the pumps, the quicker the rate at which the remaining fuel will go bad. Gas goes bad for 3 primary reasons; evaporation of volatile components, oxidation, and water contamination. Replacing fuel with air in the tanks will increase the rate at which all three of these problems effect the remaining fuel.

This sounds more like a personal reason of why you won't use cars, rather than why they shouldn't be in the game.

Adding more risk-reward scenarios will increase decision-making options and improve the game, at least it has so long as I've been playing.

wonder how they will nerf having zombies be ran over. It could be something like damage to the car (which irl isn't very likely) or possibly the blood would block your vision. This seems to be very interesting how they could do something like this.

Have you seen a true ran over of a person? The car gets damaged too when you run over someone at high speed, of course the person who got ran over got fucked over and probably died, but the car gets damaged, if you run over a small group of zombies, it could be damaging to the car.

Have you seen a true ran over of a person? The car gets damaged too when you run over someone at high speed, of course the person who got ran over got fucked over and probably died, but the car gets damaged, if you run over a small group of zombies, it could be damaging to the car.

well i don't think it would be enough to wreck the engine if you run 8-9 over and a speed where it knocked them over and crushes them rather then a full speed collision.

I think we should be able to divebomb a horde by putting a car on cruise control while flooring it and jumping out.

I mean, you can actually do it.

it prolly only kills about 5 of them, but mows down like 40 of them and makes them crawlers and whatnot.

well it would most likely spin out and lose control shortly after so timing would be a big thing

Bikes are a must!

we are not saying no to them, just that cars should be a thing as well.

A town or a road without any cars is a odd sight indeed! Sure maybe tons of people just drove of and most of the cars are stuck near the quarantine zone edge tho.. Or something. This is up to the developers to decide what happened.

Bikes should break down/require a bit of maintanence just like cars tho, just not make it too difficult. Maybe just focus on the tires of the bike and overall "vehicle health". Whereas a car would be a bit more complicated to keep running?

If we must choose between cars and bikes, I say bikes! Bikes should be added really soon, as traversing the map along the roads can be very tedious business.

Bikes are a must!

A town or a road without any cars is a odd sight indeed! Sure maybe tons of people just drove of and most of the cars are stuck near the quarantine zone edge tho.. Or something. This is up to the developers to decide what happened.

Bikes should break down/require a bit of maintanence just like cars tho, just not make it too difficult. Maybe just focus on the tires of the bike and overall "vehicle health". Whereas a car would be a bit more complicated to keep running?

If we must choose between cars and bikes, I say bikes! Bikes should be added really soon, as traversing the map along the roads can be very tedious business.

yeah..........

they will be added when the Devs decide they are ready, and not a second before that.

Bikes are a must!

yeah..........

they will be added when the Devs decide they are ready, and not a second before that.

well, mods.....