Iron Mode: World Deletion on Death

Kirrus

A mode or option where your game world is deleted on death, as well as your character.

I agree 100%! It would be awesome and as Svarog says, it would save us the hassle to delete our save/character.

When I play zomboid and I die, I can't continue anymore, because it feels so much as if I'm cheating,

So I always start a new game and try to avoid what killed me last time.

Also may I suggest a way so you can't just simply copy your savegame? :D

...Wait, is there some other setting?

But in all seriousness, there should be some way to choose to be able to play a new character on a world where you died. Some players prefer it that way and it's also fun to share these world with other players and do stuff like this.

...Wait, is there some other setting?

But in all seriousness, there should be some way to choose to be able to play a new character on a world where you died. Some players prefer it that way and it's also fun to share these world with other players and do stuff like this.

It would be optional in sandbox and sandbox by default uses Survival settings (As far as I know) so it would still be possible. I always looked at "Survival" mode as "How the devs intended the game to be played" whatever they place there I'm 100% cool with as long as it's modable in sandbox. Even if it's something I'd use all the time, options are awesome thing to have.

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea (as long as it's optional in sandbox).

The main reason I endorse this is for game-length comparison. Sure, you post your death screen, proudly showing off your 4 month, 17 day survival streak, but other players have no way of knowing if, prior to that play through, you had a "throwaway" character purely for the purpose of setting up an outpost loaded with supplies.

Survival should either be iroman, where the world itself is deleted upon character death, or the death screen should list all characters that had a go in that specific world, as well as their respective play times.