Worms... NOM NOM

KevK

So I logged into a server in Muldraugh with a new character to test out the new trapping system and ranged weapon (I haven't played in a few weeks).

After 30 mins I found what I had explored of Muldraugh pretty much entirely looted :(

After about 30-40 mins, surviving on a block of butter and a bottle of mustard I found a dead player in the warehouse with some seeds, 1 pckt cabbage and 1 pckt tomato. I also found a trowel, yay.

I made my way to my favourite safe house armed with anti-depressants, beta-blockers, the trowel, a dead mouse, a campfire kit, an axe and the aforementioned seeds.

I couldn't light the campfire to cook the dead mouse and couldn't find a saw to make a trap so I started quickly planting the cabbage seeds. I didn't bother with the tomato seeds as I have no luck previously with planting them outdoors and didn't have a bag to bring dirt inside to plant them.

I quickly realised I would probably die of hunger while waiting for the cabbages to grow until I realised I had dug up a worm during the sowing of the cabbages...hmmmm. I decided to dig for more worms.

So I survived on worms, anti-depressants and two books found in the house until harvest time.

I now have 17 cabbages, 34 worms and no anti-depressants. I'll now try and make my way to west point where hopefully i'll meet the other two players on the server and hopefully learn how to fish.

Has anyone else survived on worms?

If you were able to survive on worms long enough to grow cabbages from seed, then farming speed needs some serious nerfing.

I think it's more that the nutrition system itself needs tweaking.

Both.

Farming is already painfully slow as it is without adding more time to it. The fact of the matter is that you can go straight from  the brink of starvation based death to moderately well fed with just a banana or two. I'd rather survivors require more food to survive, period. I'm sure these values will be adjusted as more ways to gain food are added, though.

If you were able to survive on worms long enough to grow cabbages from seed, then farming speed needs some serious nerfing.

I think it's more that the nutrition system itself needs tweaking.

I was thinking, this must be worse for me than just making me unhappy. Bear Grylls crossed my mind.

Imagine then eating one of my glorious cabbages and finding A WORM ARGHHHH!!!

WOW, I just noticed that Dr Gonzos suggestion has been implemented.

I graciously accept this title and would like to thanks the devs, the forum members with a special nod to Dr Gonzo and last but not least,

Team 17 :P

Edit: Back to the game. Now where did I leave my trowel?

I was thinking, this must be worse for me than just making me unhappy. Bear Grylls crossed my mind.

Imagine then eating one of my glorious cabbages and finding A WORM ARGHHHH!!!

Epic :D

I graciously accept this title and would like to thanks the devs, the forum members with a special nod to Dr Gonzo and last but not least,

It's more likely one of the mods, probably Enigma who give you the title ;)

It's more likely one of the mods, probably Enigma who give you the title ;)

o_O  Oops, forgot to thank the mods. Typically nervous acceptance speech. Thanks to the mods.

It looks kinda disturbing with that avatar and it saying 'Fueled by Worms' hahahaha

Yeah. That did cross my mind Viceroy. But I promise I was digging them out of the soil, not my ass... :P

Theres no worms there anyway, I would have noticed by now :D

I like to share my story how I was going around on a server with 200 zombies around my area, with only a pencil to use as a weapon. I riped some bandages from the dead zombie clothing upstairs, made 2 sheet ropes. Made a lot of noise, then ran upstairs. All zombies started beating down the house soon breaking windows and banging on the door. With extreme panic level I opened the bathroom window and climbed down using my sheet rope. I ran until I had no more breath only to look back and see the zombies are busy breaking the house apart in search for me, creating more noise and drawing more zombies there. I sneaked past a few that were heading to the house and my way to the farm was clear. I found no food and the water works in the house were dry, so I had no chance to drink or eat anything.

I found a trowel on the way to the farm and an axe on the dead zombies laying around. Embracing my luck and remembering this post I dag up some worms to eat and headed for the farm. My mighty pencil broke so I armed myself with my newly found axe and gone into the farm building. After several empty cupboards I found potato seeds and some bowls which I filled with water outside from the well.

I dag up some more worms to feed on (I was completely depressed by now) and planted the potatos. Few days later when they were grown, I made some potato salad and soup (there was a pot in the nearby house) and managed to make a campfire too. So here I was a happy survivor alone in the forest separated by trees from the upcoming days of struggle to survive, with a brink of hope on the horizon :)

Awesome. I love how the unhappiness and suffering my character went through has now inspired another person to inflict the same unhappiness and suffering on his character :D

Survival is survival though. I am happy that my story has helped :)

Now we need a thread for ptsd sufferers...

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. I love how the unhappiness and suffering my character went through has now inspired another person to inflict the same unhappiness and suffering on his character :D

I'm going to chase my ketchup and salt shot with worm bleach now. All thanks to you, dude. lol