Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

3 minutes ago, Simon816 said:

Thanks, I just reset the game to vehicles branch (was zombie bashing on the old build in the meantime) and the game crashed to desktop before it finished loading.

ive attached the file below. at least I think I have lol

console.txt

Hm, relatively up to date graphics driver (Radeon, June 2017).

Looks like it just stops loading right after sandbox vars, without a crash recorded in the log

Mind giving it one more shot? Start the game, wait for it to crash, then grab the file. If it's still missing, then we get it the pain in the ass way. :)

after changing back to the vehicles build again and a quick restart, I played for about 30mins until I exited the game, got a crash to desktop when reloading the game I was playing. I'm gonna keep messing about with it to see if I can narrow things down a bit to try and catch a midgame crash, that might give a bit more info.

hope the file helps.

Thanks

console.txt

Build Vehicle 19:

[New]

• New method to spawn vehicles, that should look a little more like real life:
    • Lot of experimental zones have been created (mainly in Riverside) including junk yard, special trailer park spawning, etc.
    • Special cars (postal, mccoy...) should spawn in correct place, some can still spawn in the world randomly.
  • New burnt vehicles textures.
  • Some vehicle specifics are now set per car (and not a constant or per zone), can be influenced by the zone vehicle spawned on:
    • Engine loudness
    • Engine quality (junk yard have crappy quality for example)
    • Initial gas
    • Locked doors
  • Balanced cars properties (speed, mass, acceleration, gas tank..) to correspond more with real life and make them more different.
  • Gas consummed now depend on your engine speed, quality and your mass while in movement.
  • Car keys can now spawn in nearby desk.
  • Added new vehicle sandbox options:
    • Car spawn rate: how much cars you want?
    • Initial Gas: initial gas included in new spawned cars.
    • Locked Frequency: frequency the cars will be closed (doesn't influence the chance of having the key spawning around).
    • Gas consumption: (default 1.0) lower or increase the gas consumed by your car.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed burnt car textures not showing.
  • Added back "vehiclesDisable" in server-settings UI.
  • Fixed bug with map loading infinitely due to a player in a stopped car.
  • Fixed vehicles sometimes disappear when exiting and reloading a save

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build Vehicle 19:

[New]

• Lot of experimental zones have been created (mainly in Riverside) including junk yard, special trailer park spawning, etc.
    • Special cars (postal, mccoy...) should spawn in correct place, some can still spawn in the world randomly.
  • Some vehicle specifics are now set per car (and not a constant or per zone), can be influenced by the zone vehicle spawned on:
    • Engine loudness
    • Initial gas
    • Locked doors
  • Balanced cars properties (speed, mass, acceleration, gas tank..) to correspond more with real life and make them more different.
  • Gas consummed now depend on your engine speed, quality and your mass while in movement.
    • Locked Frequency: frequency the cars will be closed (doesn't influence the chance of having the key spawning around).
    • Gas consumption: (default 1.0) lower or increase the gas consumed by your car.

[Bug Fix]

Are trunk space of all cars are different now? West point spawn areas fixed? I would be happy to see some cars in "nolans used cars" =)))

Ok, just tested it on the server. Fnd this: Collisions of the cars should be edited, because it seems that they stand on each other.

Spoiler

20170908214618_1.thumb.jpg.e4f6f85d7821a6059fd3679a80bdd604.jpg20170908214900_1.thumb.jpg.5b322a76239a0ef564c43b85bda6b4c2.jpg

2nd. Spawn zones of the cars needs to be edited too, because many cars turnet to 90 degrees from points where they should spawn.

Spoiler

20170908214918_1.thumb.jpg.9000bd60284d73c5d1511ce61f8250b5.jpg20170908214541_1.jpg.166a3353799582604ddf423635eea391.jpg

Also thre should be less specical ( rare ) vehicles. In my game, near spiffos cafe spawned 7!!! spiffo vans, and other issue when 2 same vans was standing in front of each other on the gas station.

Spoiler

20170908214822_1.jpg.d5971950dd7f11253156e0888fbf4875.jpg20170908214850_1.thumb.jpg.251adbf4c425bf068cfdb174f0bfeb64.jpg

Edited by myhappines

My personal suggestion for the junkyards. It would be better if cars would be placed like on the following photos. Namely in a row, rather than one on one, and there must be passages between them. In addition, junkyards needs grass on the ground, to feel more like abadoned places.

Spoiler

Похожее изображениеПохожее изображение

Edited by myhappines

Yeah, I spawned right next to the trailer -- you're not messing around adding wrecks.  I wonder if one of them will start . . .

Also, I spawned with random crap in my inventory (sandbox, no starter kit, no easy vehicles).  Is that a "feature" like random starting injuries?  I've never seen it before.

One last thing -- I saw the note that keys will spawn in nearby desks.  I assume you haven't removed the previous spawn behavior for keys yet, just added one?  This wreck yard is littered with car keys on the ground.

Spoiler

screenshot_08-09-2017_14-14-35.thumb.png.ee54c0955b1ca7a941b81225e9684c11.png

Edited by steiger

2 minutes ago, steiger said:

Yeah, I spawned right next to the trailer -- you're not messing around adding wrecks.  I wonder if one of them will start . . .

Hide contents

screenshot_08-09-2017_14-10-07.thumb.png.f726c7b5a9d5251b72f976740c2d42b3.png

LOL green pickup to the left looks like a space rocket , that now fly up and fly far into space xxxDDDD

I don't know if you need coordinates or how to find coordinates on the map, but a couple of glitchy items in this house.

Looks like 3 fridges spawned in the same space.

Spoiler

screenshot_08-09-2017_14-31-58.thumb.png.96fdf5824c8fa0c1148852ad88aec3ef.png

I think there must be multiple radios placed here -- I get the device options screen, but it looks like it's overlayed, and I can't actually do anything (turn it off, turn it down, change stations) and I can't pick the radio up off the counter.

Spoiler

screenshot_08-09-2017_14-32-11.thumb.png.f17be89a387eddae6f5a96ea7ccd20b4.png

I have "normal" initial gas, and out of the dozens of cars I was able to check, almost all had 0.0 gas in them.  I just found one car with 1.0/40.0 tank in it. 

I'm certain I chose to spawn in Mul, but I appeared to have spawned in Riverside instead.  Is that a possible bug?  The more likely explanation is that I'm mistaken somehow, but I wanted to report it b/c I am pretty certain I intended to spawn in Mul.

Edited by steiger

I tried to sleep in a car using the "V" menu, and got a red box.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.15d106f3d0b4ad46c7e05b3c2abc8644.png

Just a thought, since this is 1993 -- we should be able to light a cigarette using the car from the passenger compartment, assuming we have a working battery.

I've checked at least 2 dozen cars now.  Found a total of 2 cars with 1.0, and 1 spiffo van with 4.0.  I have an empty gas can, and am given the "Take Gasoline" option on the "V" menu, but it won't transfer gasoline to the empty gas can unless you're just in the right place next to the vehicle.  Otherwise, you will walk forward 1 step and then stop, having not done anything.  Also, any gas in a gas can makes it full weight, which is especially annoying given how much gas this is supposed to represent.

.screenshot_08-09-2017_15-50-59.1.png.58b2c5843e00443f29b5103097c65be5.png

Edited by steiger

12 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build Vehicle 19:

[New]

• Engine loudness
    • Initial gas
    • Locked doors

[Bug Fix]

I spawned in Muldraugh in SP. There were WAY too many cars around. Like, in EVERY parking lot. That doesn't seem realistic for a zombie apocalypse and certainly wasn't present in previous builds. 

Build Vehicle 19.1:

[Balance]

• Lowered a tad the amount of special cars on special car park.
  • Increase the amount of gas when using "normal" initial gas sandbox option.
  • Removed vehicle easy use being true by default.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed having car everywhere.
  • Fixed starting with stuff in inventory.
  • Fixed Muldraugh spawn.
  • Fixed some zone in Riverside spawning cars the wrong way.