RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

trapping at the moment seems to be quite useless unless you take trapping points from the start. 

I mean you cant really make ANY traps and have exp penalty for not having trapping skills, finding mouse trap and leveling up trapping with it will take ingame months to reach lvl1. Which is kinda sad, cuz all other stuff is not as much limited as trapping is if you dont spend point on them.

trapping at the moment seems to be quite useless unless you take trapping points from the start.

I mean you cant really make ANY traps and have exp penalty for not having trapping skills, finding mouse trap and leveling up trapping with it will take ingame months to reach lvl1. Which is kinda sad, cuz all other stuff is not as much limited as trapping is if you dont spend point on them.

but thers more than 1 way to get food so its not a big problem. traps give you easy food in winter with bird traps.

i didnt say there is no way to sustain yourself. Its just whole skill branch is cut off(provided you are not park ranger or dont have hiker trait), which is sort of a waste in my opinion.

Cooking helps feeding with limited resourses too, but you still can level it up without major problems if you dont take "chef" proffesion.

Well i get it, thats why we have exp penalties so we prioritise. Yet you can level up cooking, aiming, melee, farming and carpentry without having huge start up obstacles. You have things to practice on, and quite often i cant find mouse trap even in 1month in-game playthrough.

I am not demanding "make trapping easier", more like balance things out that most proffesions felt somewhat equal. Maybe even making other skills harder to start up like trapping, because at the moment trapping feels like scapegoat.

Is Build 32 feature complete at this point, or are there still other things you are planning on adding?

Always a matter of how long bugfixing takes and if other parts of the team might have something ready to go in in time.

Shouldn't expect anything that's not listed, though.

The suspense is killing me. From RJ's twitter: "Ohhh, we'll have another surprise for you in build 32... (no it's not NPC.)"

Now, I'm going to guess that it's TurboTuTone's redecorating feature. His tone is surprised, and he said "We", so I'm assuming that it's not a feature he's working on. We know that the Steam integration is a feature in progress that is going well, but Turbo has put out a few pretty good looking videos recently...

Is Build 32 feature complete at this point, or are there still other things you are planning on adding?

Always a matter of how long bugfixing takes and if other parts of the team might have something ready to go in in time.

The suspense is killing me. From RJ's twitter: "Ohhh, we'll have another surprise for you in build 32... (no it's not NPC.)"

Now, I'm going to guess that it's TurboTuTone's redecorating feature. His tone is surprised, and he said "We", so I'm assuming that it's not a feature he's working on. We know that the Steam integration is a feature in progress that is going well, but Turbo has put out a few pretty good looking videos recently...

Nah, it's something small. It's currently being tested internally so you can probably to see it in the next few days if it is to stay :)

At least if that's what he is talking about and doesn't have something else hidden from us.

Nah, it's something small. It's currently being tested internally so you can probably to see it in the next few days if it is to stay :)

At least if that's what he is talking about and doesn't have something else hidden from us.

Thanks for clarifying. Everyone loves surprise new features!

Had my fingers crossed for that redecorating feature, let's hope to see it in build 33 :D

Is it possible to keep the old music as well? I love what I've heard of the remastered stuff so far but I cant help miss the old stuff. Also I found the older music flowed better between songs and I never really noticed when the song would switch (aside from the epic battle music). I notice it much more now but it could be that i'm just used to the older music. Maybe have three option in the settings Old, New/Default and Mixed which could incorporate all of the music Zach has created for the game. Just by alternating or randomly choosing a song version ex. old or new; based on situation (which the game already does of course).

I also agree.  I came here specifically about the music.  The old music was simple and eerie.  The new music, for lack of a better term is too "busy"  I find it distracting rather than enhancing the gameplay.

I just want to have the radio and TV, even if is not a NPC, atleast you wont feel as lonely...

One thing i notice about State of Decay that i really really liked is how alone you truly feel, even if you can find survivors, when you are on the road to another small town/farm, you kinda feel alone, like you know there are others there but there is no one with you.

32.10 is out!

• SURPRISE? WHO CAN GUESS? (I give you 30 seconds to notice it :D)
  • Added a button to toggle between active and passive traits (show Strength & Fitness).
  • Show skill progress-bar tooltips when using the controller
  • Reset traits and professions to the default after enabling/disabling mods.
  • Added RecipeTests.lua, a so-so testsuite for crafting.
  • Crafting-from-floor fixes and general mayhem.
  • More translations
  • Create new crafting UI categories if needed (like you don't know anything 'bout fihsing, then learn it)
  • Added recipes magazine (cooking, hunting, fishing)
  • Unequip Camfire Materials when placing a campfire.
  • Fixed walking being much noisier on fast-forward. (Issue #001853)
  • Fixed exception when a non-existent mod is in loaded.txt (Issue #001856)
  • Also fixed an infinite loop when Mod B required by Mod A can't be found.

32.10 is out!

• SURPRISE? WHO CAN GUESS? (I give you 30 seconds to notice it :D)
  • Added a button to toggle between active and passive traits (show Strength & Fitness). THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!
  • Show skill progress-bar tooltips when using the controller
  • Reset traits and professions to the default after enabling/disabling mods.
  • Added RecipeTests.lua, a so-so testsuite for crafting.
  • Crafting-from-floor fixes and general mayhem.
  • More translations
  • Create new crafting UI categories if needed (like you don't know anything 'bout fihsing, then learn it)
  • Added recipes magazine (cooking, hunting, fishing)
  • Unequip Camfire Materials when placing a campfire.
  • Fixed walking being much noisier on fast-forward. (Issue #001853)
  • Fixed exception when a non-existent mod is in loaded.txt (Issue #001856)
  • Also fixed an infinite loop when Mod B required by Mod A can't be found.

Great.. very great Developer, you are a mage ^_____^

Thank you!

SURPRISE? WHO CAN GUESS? (I give you 30 seconds to notice it :D)

34pi2z8.jpg

I repeat.... you are a mage :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Hey Guys, I take advantage of this post for to show a little problem with the "macros screen"

During the game, (when i have created the character and i am in action) the menu of the macros is bugged. Why?

2v1u5mq.jpg