Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

We've had some pretty troll-y posts these days that mods have had to remove and some edits as well...

Wonder what that's all about?

When? Ive seen some "removed" posts, but i never noticed anyone being a potato.

I was referring to Hydro editing his post asking for assistance with coding and then editing it to say 'Removed.'

You doing okay these days Hydro? I know it's a lot of work. Do you need help with anything?

I do only basic lua stuff. My lua guy made that more advanced stuff. I only do loot tables or simple stuff. All that advanced lua coding is way above my head and skills.

As for the supports as far as I know all floors can hover in space and no not need supports at the moment.

Right now the Pillar as far as I know is like a table in that it blocks but has no inventory and you can sleep or rest on it.

You can, or can't sleep on it? just making sure :o

Sorry you CANNOT sleep or rest on a stone pillar. Like the spiked barrier all they do is block movement.

We've had some pretty troll-y posts these days that mods have had to remove and some edits as well...

Wonder what that's all about?

My "self remove" above was me posting that i needed help with coding but the realized by the time I assign anything to anyone that I am only a couple line to finishing the item I would assign. Plus I would then need to check it over by anyone I assigned code to. So it actually make more work and takes longer to assign things to others than if I had just done it myself.

A couple questions:

1.how do I get the log barrier to block zombies? I built one and when I was testing it, the zombies just walked through it. Does it not work if it has been moved around(this was in SP)? Also how do I rotate them?

2. Is it possible to craft steel/normal pipes? specifically pipes I haven't been able to find any in any of the warehouses in Muldraugh

1. You need to place them like you would a tent or firepit. Don't just drop on the ground.

2. I forget if I put pipes in as a craftable thing. :/

I do only basic lua stuff. My lua guy made that more advanced stuff. I only do loot tables or simple stuff. All that advanced lua coding is way above my head and skills.

As for the supports as far as I know all floors can hover in space and no not need supports at the moment.

Right now the Pillar as far as I know is like a table in that it blocks but has no inventory and you can sleep or rest on it.

You can, or can't sleep on it? just making sure :o

Sorry you CANNOT sleep or rest on a stone pillar. Like the spiked barrier all they do is block movement.

Aaahw, but sleeping on a spiked barrier was something I've always wanted in my game ;___;

Jokes aside, your coding guy has added a looooot of stuff to his pillar that it doesn't nead, nor code it should have for being just an thumpable object that does nothing... :S

Hydrocraft v4.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Making Hardened Leather

- Fixed Disappearing Junkyard

- Fixed Fortune Cookie

- Fixed Wash Bottle art.

- Fixed Chicken Egg Spawning.

- Moved Butchering Animals from Cooking to Survivalist to try to get rid of the Cooking tab graphics glitch.

- Tweaked Toothbrush Shiv, Razor Gloves and Improved Scalpel.

- Toy custom Category added to Toy items.

- Added Fish Food, Grooming Brush and Dog Rope Toy.

- Added Fried Frog Legs.

- Added Huckleberry and Cranberry as well as their Jams.

- Added Mothballs and Frame Square

- Added Pickaxe and Weed Wacker.

- Mines can be dug with Trowels and Pickaxes too at different speeds.

- Added 6 new electronics.

- Added Copper Mug and Copper Kette

- Added Smoker (not functional yet)

- Added Sparrow Eggs, Birds Nests and Reeds.

- Added Tractor (Admin spawn only)

- Added Seed Packets (Not on spawn table or functional yet)

- Added Magnesium Striker and updated ignition sources.

- Added Water Purifying Tablets and added recipes for every type of water container!

.- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Note I had trouble logging into PZ-Mods.net website sicne it has been updated. Apprently it has a user name character limit of 10 so all i could type in was "Hydromance" and thus could not login to update the mod there. I emailed the site admin, so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Sorry for all non-steam people.

A couple questions:

1.how do I get the log barrier to block zombies? I built one and when I was testing it, the zombies just walked through it. Does it not work if it has been moved around(this was in SP)? Also how do I rotate them?

2. Is it possible to craft steel/normal pipes? specifically pipes I haven't been able to find any in any of the warehouses in Muldraugh

1. You need to place them like you would a tent or firepit. Don't just drop on the ground.

2. I forget if I put pipes in as a craftable thing. :/

I'm pretty sure you did, I just double checked, I can make everything else with steel, I can cut steel pipes, but I can't *craft* steel pipes.

Please find a work around for full wheelbarrows, many people on multiplayer are losing treasure troves when they die and losing characters when they foolishly attempt to pick up a full wheelbarrow in another. Great mod, updated often, please fix wheelbarrows!

Please find a work around for full wheelbarrows, many people on multiplayer are losing treasure troves when they die and losing characters when they foolishly attempt to pick up a full wheelbarrow in another. Great mod, updated often, please fix wheelbarrows!

There is nothing I can do on my end. That's just how they work in the base game. And since in the base game no containers ever hold that much they never run into this problem. So I doubt TIS will want to fix this for a mod. But you never know.

There is nothing I can do on my end. That's just how they work in the base game. And since in the base game no containers ever hold that much they never run into this problem. So I doubt TIS will want to fix this for a mod. But you never know.

My fridges weight 100 and work fine :P They only cause a problem when put into your oversized containers. TIS is not to blame for this "bug", just want to clear that up. :)

Just wondering where I find tea seeds?

Also amazing mod, got 3 other friends into PZ because of it.

Foraging or "Gather Flora"

My fridges weight 100 and work fine :P They only cause a problem when put into your oversized containers. TIS is not to blame for this "bug", just want to clear that up. :)

What is your work around for this?

But aren't your Fridges actually placable objects and not a "bag"? Like on the ground it acts like a crate then you pick it up and it acts like a bag and then when you place it down i act like a crate again. Correct?

But aren't your Fridges actually placable objects and not a "bag"? Like on the ground it acts like a crate then you pick it up and it acts like a bag and then when you place it down i act like a crate again. Correct?

item InFridge	{		WeightReduction    	=    40,		Weight    			=    100,		Type    			=    Container,		Capacity    		=    50,		DisplayName    		=    Fricking Heavy Fridge,		Icon    			=    InRefrigirator,		RequiresEquippedBothHands = true	}

Inside the players inventory they exist as an item, because, the only thing that can be in inventories, are items, not objects. The place option I gave it removes the item, and places an object in the world.

My workaround it not checking if the object weight added to the players current inventory weight is more than their capacity, but only checking if they are currently encumbered, not making it a conditional what they are afterward. :)

With lua you can add a custom right click button to certain items in your mod to be able to pick them up, even if it'd make you over-encumbered.

Hey Hydro, just found a bug(or something like that)

so I just find out that homemade cooking oil is pointless because I can't use it to replace cooking oil?? Or am I missing something?

(Also log spike doesn't show up ingame after being placed down)

1. What recipe did you find that uses only cooking oil and not homemade? I may have missed some.

2. Yeah it seems that in MP they don't show up. If its in single player please let me know. At the moment we are trying to figure out the MP issue.

Sorry for the slow reply. No I don't think there are any cooking oil recipe beside the one that makes it. 

Also, just a another question, is there only one way to craft soaked acrons? Can't seemed to find another way.

Also, just a another question, is there only one way to craft soaked acrons? Can't seemed to find another way.

Well yeah. They're used mainly for Tannin making which gives you back the acorn. :P

If someone wants a list of every single item in Hydrocraft 4.1 (All 2225 of them) prepped to be used in .lua or in NecroForge's new spawn by Module.ItemID feature (A list of items that looks like this > Hydrocraft.ItemID) I'll just leave this here.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xsi5ofsvsqlvlwr/Hydrocraft+All+Items.txt

THANK YOU for this! This is a great help!

item InFridge	{		WeightReduction    	=    40,		Weight    			=    100,		Type    			=    Container,		Capacity    		=    50,		DisplayName    		=    Fricking Heavy Fridge,		Icon    			=    InRefrigirator,		RequiresEquippedBothHands = true	}

Inside the players inventory they exist as an item, because, the only thing that can be in inventories, are items, not objects. The place option I gave it removes the item, and places an object in the world.

My workaround it not checking if the object weight added to the players current inventory weight is more than their capacity, but only checking if they are currently encumbered, not making it a conditional what they are afterward. :)

With lua you can add a custom right click button to certain items in your mod to be able to pick them up, even if it'd make you over-encumbered.

when equipped can you remove items from the inventory of the fridge? Also are the items in the inventory bag still cold?

when equipped can you remove items from the inventory of the fridge? Also are the items in the inventory bag still cold?

Yes it's just a normal backpack with the sprite of a fridge. It's all about the lua stuff that gives things functionality. And no, that wouldn't make sense seeing it's not plugged in. XD

Yes it's just a normal backpack with the sprite of a fridge. It's all about the lua stuff that gives things functionality. And no, that wouldn't make sense seeing it's not plugged in. XD

I think he is wondering cause he wants to make a portable freezer lol