Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

How do you prepare ducks for eating? There doesn't seem to be a "skin duck" recipe that I can find. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, should have looked a bit harder before asking, lol. 

Edit 2:

I have taken a bit of time to make a compatibility patch for Hydrocraft that allows the use of ORGM weapons/ammo in the hunting recipes. I am not sure if there are any other incompatibilities; if there are, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to resolve them. This does NOT disable the original Hydrocraft recipes, so if for whatever reason you decide to stop using ORGM, you won't have to reinstall Hydrocraft. Enjoy!  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa8cftchl68qlq2/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v1.rar?dl=0

ORGM compatibility would be a great idea! I had to uninstall ORGM since I cannot really hunt beside using arrows and stuff.

That is exactly why I made the compatibility patch. I have an excess of large caliber rounds at my safehouse, and figured I would give them a use! I have also slightly adjusted the chances for a successful hunt; larger calibers give better results with big game, as well as using a scoped weapon (ORGM sniper rifle category).

Also, it would be great if I can make bullets/gather gunpowder etc... And I'm sorry if I'm asking too much lol

But honestly I agree that it would take time to make everything compatible.

I could probably do this, let me poke around in the files and see what's up

Edit: A few hours later, and...

I have added compatibility for creating and breaking down ORGM ammunition using the Hydrocraft bullet tips and gunpowder. You will now need to craft the appropriate casings for your rounds (using the same recipe for native Hydrocraft casings), or break down rounds of similar caliber. You'll also need a pair of pliers when breaking down rounds. I seem to have forgotten to include the recipe script in the initial release of the patch, so for anyone who tried it and noticed that it did absolutely nothing, it will work properly now :P Keeping to the tradition, I have not modified any native Hydrocraft files, so if for some reason you decide you don't want to use ORGM any more, you won't need to reinstall Hydrocraft. Enjoy! :)

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr2ac0fw46b832r/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v2.2.rar?dl=0

All ideas and suggestions are welcome!

:???:: Sorry to bother you, I haven't try the new updates yet. Can I ask a few questions about some of the new functions?

Is the wagons some kinds of backpack? Or does them really move?

How does the hunting activity running in the game? Could you be more specific on what process a player should follow to hunt a pray?

Thank you.

1) They are backpacks with extended space and no weight. The wagon I believe is 250 and weighs 0.00 once fully assembled. However, their weight reduction only comes into play once it is equipped to both hands, leaving you vulnerable. More carry weight for the price of vulnerability.

2) Hunting is simple. Have your weapon WITHOUT the rounds loaded (still in their box etc) in inventory along with Poop from the various animals you want to hunt and use the ability once all the items are in your inventory. You MUST Forage for the animal poop beforehand. Same goes for making spears or hunting Water Fowl with the whistles crafted from Carpentry.

Check the menu and recipe. They are quite self-explanatory ingame. :) All components for Hunting come from either a crafted or pickup item (your weapons) and the Foraged item (poop etc.)

BTW,is there (or will there be) any cooling mechanism for the forging system?

There is no "cooldown" system on the Foragaing system. Availability of certain items/loot are dependent on WHERE you are. (e.g. deep forest will yield more variety than scrub/farmland/city/suburb foraging.) Also dependent is the TIME of year in-game. Closer and closer to Winter will yield progressively less items over time as wildlife migrates temporarily.

All these questions can be found in the Zomboid Wiki because these are all base game mechanics that Hydrocraft basically augments. Have a read at http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Foraging if you'd like more information. Most of your questions may be answered there already!

thanks

:???:: Sorry to bother you, I haven't try the new updates yet. Can I ask a few questions about some of the new functions?

How does the hunting activity running in the game? Could you be more specific on what process a player should follow to hunt a pray?

Thank you.

1) They are backpacks with extended space and no weight. The wagon I believe is 250 and weighs 0.00 once fully assembled. However, their weight reduction only comes into play once it is equipped to both hands, leaving you vulnerable. More carry weight for the price of vulnerability.

2) Hunting is simple. Have your weapon WITHOUT the rounds loaded (still in their box etc) in inventory along with Poop from the various animals you want to hunt and use the ability once all the items are in your inventory. You MUST Forage for the animal poop beforehand. Same goes for making spears or hunting Water Fowl with the whistles crafted from Carpentry.

Check the menu and recipe. They are quite self-explanatory ingame. :) All components for Hunting come from either a crafted or pickup item (your weapons) and the Foraged item (poop etc.)

There is no "cooldown" system on the Foragaing system. Availability of certain items/loot are dependent on WHERE you are. (e.g. deep forest will yield more variety than scrub/farmland/city/suburb foraging.) Also dependent is the TIME of year in-game. Closer and closer to Winter will yield progressively less items over time as wildlife migrates temporarily.

All these questions can be found in the Zomboid Wiki because these are all base game mechanics that Hydrocraft basically augments. Have a read at http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Foraging if you'd like more information. Most of your questions may be answered there already!

Well……the forging system that I am asking,is blacksmithing. I am curious whether there is (or there will be)any cooling mechanism for melting metal. For example a pot of melted metal need to wait a while(cool down) to become ingot. And if it wasn't put in a mold before cool down,it will change something else than a ingot.

Thank you.

Well……the forging system that I am asking,is blacksmithing. I am curious whether there is (or there will be)any cooling mechanism for melting metal. For example a pot of melted metal need to wait a while(cool down) to become ingot. And if it wasn't put in a mold before cool down,it will change something else than a ingot.

Nope. None of that. No cooling system. Craft your stuff and go at it.

Updated the ORGM compatibility patch once again - There are now three types of bullet tip types (Rifle, Pistol and 12 Gauge Slug), and I have slightly adjusted the mechanics for making bullet tips. I noticed that, with the original Hydrocraft recipe, an entire lead ingot net you one unit - and making a box of pistol ammo required ten. The same went for bullet cases. This meant that to make thirty 9mm rounds, you would require ten bronze and ten lead ingots, which I found to be very excessive. Now, one ingot will yield a box of bullet tips of your chosen variety, producing 50 pistol bullets, 100 rifle bullets, or 25 12 gauge slugs. I have also adjusted the amounts required to make a box of ammunition - you'll need the same amount of bullets and cases as there are rounds in the resulting box. For example, to make a box of 25 5.56x45 rounds, you'll need 25 small rifle cases and 25 rifle bullets (along with the specified gunpowder amount). This makes much more sense to me and is also a bit more balanced in favor of the player. Now, to make a box of 9mm rounds, you'd only need one lead ingot and one bronze ingot, plus you'll be left with 50 more small pistol cases. This may seem too easy to make ammo - but considering all the tools and equipment you'll need to even get to the point of being able to make your own ammunition, I feel that it is just fine. I am definitely open to suggestions, however! :)

Anyways, here's the download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yokomtll0ukh2um/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v3.rar?dl=0

Enjoy!

I have a question about hunting.

I have gathered some arrows, a bow and a bird call. When i try to hunt my person says "This is too difficult!" or something along those lines.

Is this a similair message to when i am reading a skill book that is too high for me? Or does this show up every time you fail to get an animal?

Does the type of weapon i use affect my chances of getting an animal?

Also, i read (or heard, i forget) that in winter all hunting chances are -%50 So, when is winter exactly? THis is in Kentucky, but i have no idea how long their winter lasts, up where i live, winter is pretty much from october till april. But i assume this isn't the case in Kentucky?

So when is winter? or rather, when is my hunting chance not down by fifty percent?

PS, is hunting chance affected at all by any skill or stat? maybe trapping and aiming skills? sneaking?

Edited by Dumatoin

I have gathered some arrows, a bow and a bird call. When i try to hunt my person says "This is too difficult!" or something along those lines.

Is this a similair message to when i am reading a skill book that is too high for me? Or does this show up every time you fail to get an animal?

Also, i read (or heard, i forget) that in winter all hunting chances are -%50 So, when is winter exactly? THis is in Kentucky, but i have no idea how long their winter lasts, up where i live, winter is pretty much from october till april. But i assume this isn't the case in Kentucky?

So when is winter? or rather, when is my hunting chance not down by fifty percent?

PS, is hunting chance affected at all by any skill or stat? maybe trapping and aiming skills? sneaking?

Hunting is affected by both the aiming and sneaking skills. Winter seems to start around November and lasts until February or March, and yeah, the weapon you use will affect your chances. Generally using a rifle or shotgun gives the best opportunities.

Hunting is affected by both the aiming and sneaking skills. Winter seems to start around November and lasts until February or March, and yeah, the weapon you use will affect your chances. Generally using a rifle or shotgun gives the best opportunities.

Great thanks!

this can be from interest if you plan to add roquefort Cheese.

The mold that gives Roquefort its distinctive character (Penicillium roqueforti) is found in the soil of the local caves. Traditionally, the cheesemakers extracted it by leaving bread in the caves for six to eight weeks until it was consumed by the mold. The interior of the bread was then dried to produce a powder. In modern times, the mold can be grown in a laboratory, which allows for greater consistency. The mold may either be added to the curd or introduced as an aerosol through holes poked in the rind.

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roquefort

I think in the game a rotten bread, Petridish and a Microscope is need to find some mold (when found you can make more with the lab ... i think a simple from 1 make 2 function). Then you need curd from sheepmilk and add the mold to make the Cheese.

Hydro,

I installed v4.2. I'm trying to build the steam machine but it won't let me because I don't have enough space. I dropped everything but there just isn't room. When I click on the button to start crafting  it looks like it starts to pickup all the materials around me but stops because I have no room. This is weird because I've built other things that are 'bigger' before and they've had no issues. They probably didn't pickup all the ingredients though but the steam machine does.

Any ideas?

Updated the ORGM compatibility patch once again - There are now three types of bullet tip types (Rifle, Pistol and 12 Gauge Slug), and I have slightly adjusted the mechanics for making bullet tips. I noticed that, with the original Hydrocraft recipe, an entire lead ingot net you one unit - and making a box of pistol ammo required ten. The same went for bullet cases. This meant that to make thirty 9mm rounds, you would require ten bronze and ten lead ingots, which I found to be very excessive. Now, one ingot will yield a box of bullet tips of your chosen variety, producing 50 pistol bullets, 100 rifle bullets, or 25 12 gauge slugs. I have also adjusted the amounts required to make a box of ammunition - you'll need the same amount of bullets and cases as there are rounds in the resulting box. For example, to make a box of 25 5.56x45 rounds, you'll need 25 small rifle cases and 25 rifle bullets (along with the specified gunpowder amount). This makes much more sense to me and is also a bit more balanced in favor of the player. Now, to make a box of 9mm rounds, you'd only need one lead ingot and one bronze ingot, plus you'll be left with 50 more small pistol cases. This may seem too easy to make ammo - but considering all the tools and equipment you'll need to even get to the point of being able to make your own ammunition, I feel that it is just fine. I am definitely open to suggestions, however! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yokomtll0ukh2um/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v3.rar?dl=0

Enjoy!

Thank you! I wish I can do something like that lol

Edit: It doesn't wipe the original recipes right? I still kinda need the original ones though.

Edit:Edit: It appears that with this patch I cannot launch the game? Will do more testing.

Enjoy!

Edit: It doesn't wipe the original recipes right? I still kinda need the original ones though.

Edit:Edit: It appears that with this patch I cannot launch the game? Will do more testing.(Solved)

Enjoy!

Edit:Edit: It appears that with this patch I cannot launch the game? Will do more testing.(Solved)

No, it doesn't wipe the original recipes; the recipes and items I added are in separate files, so that if players decide to stop using ORGM they don't have to reinstall Hydrocraft to avoid getting errors/potential crashes due to my patch referencing items that are no longer in the game. Hope you figured it out :)

Hydro,

I installed v4.2. I'm trying to build the steam machine but it won't let me because I don't have enough space. I dropped everything but there just isn't room. When I click on the button to start crafting  it looks like it starts to pickup all the materials around me but stops because I have no room. This is weird because I've built other things that are 'bigger' before and they've had no issues. They probably didn't pickup all the ingredients though but the steam machine does.

Any ideas?

Update: I found the code and fixed it myself: I added this line to the steam machine section.

CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,

This is just to remind you for the next update, as you cannot make the steam machine from within your inventory because all the ingredients add up to over the 50 weight limit.

Hydrocraft v4.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Added Steel Pipe Making

Hydromancer,

You've got a bug here. The Make Metal Pipe recipe isn't making steel pipes - it's turning large steel sheets into large steel sheets.

Crap ...

Sorry NoMiS! :(

Hydrocraft v4.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Added Steel Pipe Making

Hydromancer,

You've got a bug here. The Make Metal Pipe recipe isn't making steel pipes - it's turning large steel sheets into large steel sheets.

Crap ...

Sorry NoMiS! :(

Haha no worries.  There's more than enough to keep us busy until the next update :)

Is missing some ingredient to make Cubed Cheese Curds

recipe Prepare Cubed Cheese Curds

{

SkillRequired:Cooking=8

keep HuntingKnife/KitchenKnife/HCJackknife/HCSteakknife,

HCHCCurdkneaded,

Result:HCCurdcubed,

NeedToBeLearn:true,

Time:50,

Category:Cooking,

}

and I'm getting extra buckets when I fill vat with milk buckets from the floor

Is missing some ingredient to make Cubed Cheese Curds

recipe Prepare Cubed Cheese Curds
        {
                SkillRequired:Cooking=8
                keep HuntingKnife/KitchenKnife/HCJackknife/HCSteakknife,
                HCHCCurdkneaded,
                Result:HCCurdcubed,
                NeedToBeLearn:true,
                Time:50,
                Category:Cooking,
        }

and I'm getting extra buckets when I fill vat with milk buckets from the floor

That's my fault, there's a typo in the name of the object I've highlighted - it should be HCCurdkneaded, not HCHCCurdkneaded.

My fox is there! Wow! X3 (one of the few graphics i've ever made for a mod, in H&H)

Dude! If you want that i fix that fox to be more "zomboid" style, i'm here for it. Tell me if i can help.

I'm using your mod, too. ;D