Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Just how difficult is hunting supposed to be? I've tried hunting deer with hunting rifle 6 times now, pigs 8 times, they've gotten away every time.  Starting to feel like a waste of time and resources.

Edit: Immediately after posting, I managed to get a bear.  Question still stands.

Just how difficult is hunting supposed to be? I've tried hunting deer with hunting rifle 6 times now, pigs 8 times, they've gotten away every time.  Starting to feel like a waste of time and resources.

Edit: Immediately after posting, I managed to get a bear.  Question still stands.

They are based on your aiming skill and if its winter or not. Since you got a bear its not winter. Your aiming just must be really bad or you  have very bad luck.

Hydromancer,

I posted over in the artists thread a while ago about the issues with platinum ore, working titanium and working tungsten. I just started making lithium ingots in game, which struck me as a bit odd, because lithium is a Group I metal, like sodium and potassium. It's normally stored in mineral oil inside sealed glass vessels, to prevent things like... well, fire, explosions, death and the like. All the Group I metals react vigorously with water (like the water vapour in the air) and are generally very reactive. Lithium will actually float on water whilst on fire.

ETA: I've been experimenting with the coin press - would it be possible to amend the three recipes so that they can be made from the floor? The coin press weighs quite a lot, and juggling it and ingots can be a difficult at times.

Anyone have problems with spiked barricades? I can build them, but they are completely invisible in game. Can't walk over them so they're definitely there, though.

If that makes any difference, it's on a multiplayer server and the issue is there for my other people connecting to it, too. Everything else seems to work fine, other items from the mod are displaying properly and stuff. 

Anyone have problems with spiked barricades? I can build them, but they are completely invisible in game. Can't walk over them so they're definitely there, though.

If that makes any difference, it's on a multiplayer server and the issue is there for my other people connecting to it, too. Everything else seems to work fine, other items from the mod are displaying properly and stuff. 

Hey, just to say it's a great mod! Please keep it up! Thanks!

Umm I believe I've also encountered this bug where I cannot see the placed log spikes & stone pillars. It's on a server however. I do have other mods so could that be an issue? 

Greetings, this mod is a must-have, clearly the most comprehensive ever.

However, I find myself stuck with a problem : I'd like to live off farming, but planting fruits and most vegetables requires both 10 (ten !) at farming, and one sample of the fruit you want to plant. I could never reach 10 in farming before the power shutoff, and the fruit I require would rot by then.

Is there a way to plant fruits with a rotten sample of said fruit ?

I have another question : can I craft cheese, and if so, how do I do that ?

Greetings, this mod is a must-have, clearly the most comprehensive ever.

However, I find myself stuck with a problem : I'd like to live off farming, but planting fruits and most vegetables requires both 10 (ten !) at farming, and one sample of the fruit you want to plant. I could never reach 10 in farming before the power shutoff, and the fruit I require would rot by then.

Is there a way to plant fruits with a rotten sample of said fruit ?

That's what the Potted Plants are for! Rotten OR Fresh - you can plant and fertilize one plant to get all the fruit/veg you ever need. So pick up all the rotten stuff you can anyway. It'll either serve as a seed for Potted or as fertilizer later. Limes and Lemons are your premium gold! Craft a Kiln, get some more Clay, make a Clay Pot, fill it with dirt, plant your seeds/rotting fruit - Bam. Done.

I have another question : can I craft cheese, and if so, how do I do that ?

Level 8 Cooking. You have to have a Cow > Milk Cow > Make Curds > Fill Mold > Age Mold > Remove Cheese >Cut Cheese. ALL the recipes are there in your Cooking and Farming menu. Note that you have to have Carpentry as well to make the equipment necessary to make your cheese alongside the Cooking skill!

Hey Hydro, just found a bug(or something like that)

so I just find out that homemade cooking oil is pointless because I can't use it to replace cooking oil?? Or am I missing something?

(Also log spike doesn't show up ingame after being placed down)

1. What recipe did you find that uses only cooking oil and not homemade? I may have missed some.

2. Yeah it seems that in MP they don't show up. If its in single player please let me know. At the moment we are trying to figure out the MP issue.

Hey Hydro, I had to format my hard drive this last Tuesday and lost the footage and photos from testing all the new stuff.

EDIT: IVE NEVER POSTED VIDEO BEFORE SORRY ITS BIG AND OBNOXIOUS. FIRST VID SKIP TO 4:10, SECOND VID SKIP TO 3:50

BUT

Here is what I remember:

1. (This seems like the only actual bug) Toothbrush Shivs start out with LESS than full durability. about 1/8th of the bar. Tested multiple times on multiple characters.

2. Goats sometimes become invisible. and junkyards clip into everything.

OPINIONS (so valuable i know)

1. Toothbrush...sharpened or not cannot pierce skull for 12 odd stabbings. Here is proof.

Please Nerf

2. Neither can the other 2 weapons....as a cutting implement or use in future medical system improvements. YEAH! It would be great. But a razor blade, NO MATTER how you shape it, isnt going to insta kill a zombie. The PZ team actually got it wrong with the pencil, as long as you keep it sharp, it will go through the damn forehead almost every time. Again here is proof :D

-The ZGB guys rock btw, their stuff is 100% anatomically correct, and is technically harder than a human skull, so if it works on their show it definitely works in real life.

3. I find more katanas than i find razors lol. Same with all the OP backpacks (Alice packs and doom prep bag)

4. I restate my claim that the change to IBCs are...well, This is an IBC lol http://www.spillcontainment.com/sites/default/files/image2big_11.jpg

If that is as light as a wooden baseball bat when it is empty I would be more than a tad surprised.

5. Have you thought about the ability to wrap tape and such on the handles of weapons to increace stability with them? Just a thought.

Now onto the good things:

BEER :D

Animal feeding had no bugs when i played with it

(couldnt test the admin spawns :( )

I am not sure what the issue with the salt shaker was, but i found salt like i would pepper, and i cooked with it so.....yay?

noise maker worked, but i swear it drew more zeds than a gunshot XD

I have a large junkyard and it works, so....yay?

No more sound errors from mining yay

Clothe line i never really used before, but i dried a bath towel, yay

And i did everything i could with cheese, so yay.

Not sure how helpful this is without images, again sorry bout that, but hey. Its something right? XD

1. (This seems like the only actual bug) Toothbrush Shivs start out with LESS than full durability. about 1/8th of the bar. Tested multiple times on multiple characters.

2. Goats sometimes become invisible. and junkyards clip into everything.

1. Hmm maybe I can remake it with the pen stats.

2a. How do you mean?

2b. Yea they need a lot of room and open space around them.

2. Yeah it seems that in MP they don't show up. If its in single player please let me know. At the moment we are trying to figure out the MP issue.

I've checked your coding, and it looks... awkward to say the least... The reason why it doesn't work in MP is because you don't 'actually' transfer the object to the server, instead you let the client side load it and unload it whenever it's square gets ran. It partly intigrates the ISBuildableObject, but then tries to overwrite it at the same time... Which, I guess works... but will probably cause issues I can't forsee right now. Have you tested if the game sees the stone pillar as a valid support btw? (put a floor on top of it and remove all other supports to see if it collapses) Because if the server doesn't see it, it may not see it in single player as a valid support beam either. :o

I do only basic lua stuff. My lua guy made that more advanced stuff. I only do loot tables or simple stuff. All that advanced lua coding is way above my head and skills.

As for the supports as far as I know all floors can hover in space and no not need supports at the moment.

Right now the Pillar as far as I know is like a table in that it blocks but has no inventory and you can sleep or rest on it.

I do only basic lua stuff. My lua guy made that more advanced stuff. I only do loot tables or simple stuff. All that advanced lua coding is way above my head and skills.

As for the supports as far as I know all floors can hover in space and no not need supports at the moment.

Right now the Pillar as far as I know is like a table in that it blocks but has no inventory and you can sleep or rest on it.

You can, or can't sleep on it? just making sure :o

A couple questions:

1.how do I get the log barrier to block zombies? I built one and when I was testing it, the zombies just walked through it. Does it not work if it has been moved around(this was in SP)? Also how do I rotate them?

2. Is it possible to craft steel/normal pipes? specifically pipes I haven't been able to find any in any of the warehouses in Muldraugh