Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

My fox is there! Wow! X3 (one of the few graphics i've ever made for a mod, in H&H)

Dude! If you want that i fix that fox to be more "zomboid" style, i'm here for it. Tell me if i can help.

I'm using your mod, too. ;D

Check out this thread. We could use help with animals and stuff if your up to it.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14127-looking-for-artists-for-hydrocraft-mod/

Note I thought all the art in Dajikun's mod was from her.

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but, when you use the water from a IBC tower, you lose the tower. Tested it twice and stopped.

I assume its a bug because we don't lose the IBC tanks when they're standalone. Haven't tested the 1st tier IBC tower yet.

My fox is there! Wow! X3 (one of the few graphics i've ever made for a mod, in H&H)

Dude! If you want that i fix that fox to be more "zomboid" style, i'm here for it. Tell me if i can help.

I'm using your mod, too. ;D

Check out this thread. We could use help with animals and stuff if your up to it.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14127-looking-for-artists-for-hydrocraft-mod/

Note I thought all the art in Dajikun's mod was from her.

My bad, didn't wanted to say he stole anything. I did a fox on H&H forum and (i don't remember the details) i gifted it to Daji. It was just cool to see it was still there and he didn't replaced it. Years have passed, you know...

*nostalgic feelings*

...ehh..

*nostalgic feelings end*

So, i'll check the thread! Thanks!

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but, when you use the water from a IBC tower, you lose the tower. Tested it twice and stopped.

I assume its a bug because we don't lose the IBC tanks when they're standalone. Haven't tested the 1st tier IBC tower yet.

Will look into thanks for reporting.

Also baby goats and possibly all baby animals seem glitched I feed meh goat 10 wheat but I cant feed it anymore and it wont grow up did it from the floor btw

Yeah I already got reports of this so I am removing the feeding from the floor next update.

Hydrocraft v4.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Added Steel Pipe Making

Hydromancer,

You've got a bug here. The Make Metal Pipe recipe isn't making steel pipes - it's turning large steel sheets into large steel sheets.

Crap ...

Sorry NoMiS! :(

Please fix this!

Hydromancer,

I did a little fiddling around while dinner was cooking tonight, and put together some recipes and items you might find useful in the future, although they need icons generated in most cases.

I started out by wanting to put together a basic thermocouple that you could use in place of the thermometers in the steam machines, and which could be crafted. A brief wander through alloying, milling wire and the manufacture of various alloys, I ended up with a few more things than I intended.

The code below consists of:

- Pentlandite and Sphalerite, the sulphide ores of nickel and zinc, recipes for using a blast furnace to make the ingots of each (including the requirement for a gas mask, to avoid dying from SO2 poisoning), a recipe to make Constantan, a cupro-nickel alloy used in various wires, as well as a recipe to recycle pennies as zinc rather than bronze (US pennies are something like 98% zinc). The two ores should be something you can dig out of a mine (especially if you can already find things like uranium). I reused the steel and lithium ingot icons because there's honestly only so many silvery metal colours you can use.

- The recipe for building a small rolling mill, the kind you can clamp to a desk, and then recipes to mill copper and constantan ingots into copper and constantan wires - the mill could be used in the future for making other wires, including the basic wire that's already in game. The recipes need a carpenters bench as well (you need the vice on it) and a welding kit, because you'll need to anneal the metal at least once. I've named it a small rolling mill because I wasn't sure if you were looking at making an industrial-sized one for making metal sheets and the like.

- A recipe for making a thermocouple wire from copper and constantan wire, and a recipe for making a thermocouple using electronic scrap and a calculator (the scrap and calculator replace the multimeter that would normally be used, in true MacGyver fashion)

- Updated entries for the copper, electrical engineering and welding books to incorporate some of the recipes, and two new books - one on alloys and one on jewellery crafting - to cover making the more unusual metal ingots, the alloy, and the wires. Rather than making books for potentially every transition metal out there, I thought it would be sensible to cover the more atypical ones in a single textbook, but making things like copper, silver and gold wire is the sort of thing that jewellers could also be reasonably be expected to do, so it made sense for it to be another route to learning how to make copper wire.

I've checked, and the item names should all be consistent and there aren't any missing commas this time, but I haven't been able to test it yetbecause I don't want to uninstall the Hydrocraft mod in the steam workshop and go back to the downloaded version for testing just yet, and I don't know how else to add the new items in.

I hope these prove useful.

item HCZincore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Sphalerite,        icon 			= HCZincore,    }item HCZincingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Zinc Ingot,        icon 			= HCLithiumingot,    }item HCNickelore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Pentlandite,        icon 			= HCNickelore,    }item HCNickelingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Nickel Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCConstantaningot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Alloy Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCRollingmillsmall    {        Weight    		= 20,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Small Rolling Mill,        icon 			= HCRollingmillsmall,    }item HCConstantanwire     {        Weight    		= 0.2,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Wire,        icon 			= HCConstantanwire,    }item HCCopperwire    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Copper Wire,        icon 			= HCCopperwire,    }item HCThermocouplewire    {        Weight    		= 0.4,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple Wire,        icon 			= HCThermocouplewire,    }item HCThermocouple    {        Weight    		= 1,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple,        icon 			= HCThermocouple,    }recipe Make Small Rolling Mill    {	HCSteelingot,	HCIroningot=5,    	keep HCSmithyhammersteel,    	keep HCTongs,    	keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,	keep HCAnvil,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,	Result:HCRollingmillsmall,	Time:150.0,       	Category:Engineer,    }recipe Recycle Zinc    {    HCPenny=100,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCSmelter,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Sphalerite    {    HCZincore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Pentlandite    {    HCNickelore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCNickelingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Constantan Ingot    {    HCCopperingot,    HCNickelingot,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCConstantaningot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Constantan Wire    {    HCConstantaningot=2,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCConstantanwire=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Copper Wire    {    HCCopperingot=2,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCCopperwire=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple Wire    {    HCConstantanwire,    HCCopperwire,    keep HCWeldingmask,    keep HCWorkgloves,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCAnvil/HCAnvillead,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCThermocouplewire,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple    {    SkillRequired:Electrical=3,    HCThermocouplewire,    ElectronicsScrap=4,    Screws=4,    HCCalculator,    keep Screwdriver,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCPliers,    Result:HCThermocouple,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Electrical,    }	item HCBookwelding	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Welding Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookwelding,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Industrial Furnace;Cut Steel Pipe;Make Large Sheet Of Metal;Make Metal Pipe;Make Metal Barrel;Weld Punching Bag Stand;Weld Weight Bench;Repair Treadmill;Make Thermocouple Wire;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookwelding,	}	item HCBookcopperworking	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Copper Working Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookcopperworking,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Make Copper Ingot;Make Constantan Ingot;Recycle Copper,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookcopperworking,	}	item HCBookelectrical	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Electrical Engineering Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookelectrical,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Upgrade To Charging Unit;Make Electricity;Turn Off Charging Unit;Recharge Battery;Make Thermocouple,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookelectrical,	}	item HCBookalloys	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Alloys Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookalloys,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Recycle Zinc;Roast Pentlandite;Roast Sphalerite;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HHCBookalloys,	}	item HCBookjewellerycrafting	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Jewellery Crafting Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookjewellerycrafting,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookjewellerycrafting,	}

On a minor note, the Portuguese textbook consistently mis-spells Portuguese as Portuguise.

These look great! Have you tested them yet? I don't want to end up with the cheese errors like last time.

Also the here is a basic design of NoMiS's uber walls.

202mqc.jpg

Note if you want a more compact design you shoud put the stone pillar between the log wall and the plaster wall.

These look great! Have you tested them yet? I don't want to end up with the cheese errors like last time.

Also the here is a basic design of NoMiS's uber walls.

202mqc.jpg

Note if you want a more compact design you shoud put the stone pillar between the log wall and the plaster wall.

I haven't been able to test these yet. The problem I've got is I don't know how to add the sphalerite and pentlandite as findable items to the code for the mine, particularly as I'm using the Steam workshop version of the Hydrocraft mod. I'm wary of uninstalling the Steam workshop Hydrocraft mod to replace it with the downloadable version, because of the risk of losing my current character save file - and without my current character, I don't have anyone to test with.

If you can send me some kind of instructions on how to do add them to the code, I can certainly do some testing. If the only way to test is to uninstall the steam workshop version of the mod, then I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and do it. Alternatively, if there's some way of telling the game to clone items up in my character inventory, then I'll put the recipes into a scripts file and install them in my local mods folder.

You said that the errors with the cheese recipes were due to three missing commas; I've been through the code twice, and there are definitely no missing commas this time. I used copy and paste for the item names, so unless I had finger trouble at some point, all of the names should be consistent, and the source recipes are modified versions of existing recipes copied out of the script files, so I've done everything I can to reduce the risk of any errors.

I found something interesting happening with the spiked barriers, btw. I'm holed up in the alcohol warehouse across the road from the hardware store in New Denver. I used a sledgehammer to remove all of the east-facing windows and the two doors on the front of the ground floor of the building, and replaced them with level 10 carpentry walls, which I've plastered and painted. On the weekend, I built a line of spiked barricades inside the building, up against that new wall... and it turned the wall see-through. The wall is still there, and when you stand outside you can see the wall, but you can also see the inside of the building as if the walls were all windows, if you're inside the building, you can see out through the wall into the park across the street, again as if the walls were windows. I ended up building another wall outside because I was worried that the fact zombies could see inside the building and potentially see me moving around meant that I'd actually attract more attention.

@BrokenMnemonic

So going through so far I am going to just rename the Bronze Wokring book to Alloys Textbook. And I am going to add other common alloys like Brass and Electrum to it too.

Note I already have a copper wire item.

I didn't realise you had a copper wire item - I've never seen it in game. I simply used the stats for the standard game wire, which is why I used two ingots (1 unit of material) to make 5 units of wire (0.2 units of weight each), as you shouldn't lose much, if any, material while milling the wire.

I think an alloys textbook covering bronze working makes sense - you might want to change the recycle code for the coins if you're adding more alloys, though. I was reading up on US coins last night, and while certain issues of the $1 coin are a manganese-brass alloy mix, all of the other coins other than the penny look to be a cupronickel alloy of one kind or another, with the nickel content varying from 25% (nickels) down to about 1.5%. The pennies are a copper-zinc alloy and about 98% zinc. None of the coins look to be bronze, according to the internet.

What I do since I play on the New Dawn server which uses my mod I have to swap out the versions. So when playing on the server I put in the one from pz-mods. And when I am testing I remove that and plop in my working version

For me its in ...

...Steam/SteamAps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mod/Hydrocraft

So I make a shortcut on my desktop so I can find the folder for quick swapping out.

As for where to put the files you can always just make your own testing script in the scripts folder.

What I do since I play on the New Dawn server which uses my mod I have to swap out the versions. So when playing on the server I put in the one from pz-mods. And when I am testing I remove that and plop in my working version

For me its in ...

...Steam/SteamAps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mod/Hydrocraft

So I make a shortcut on my desktop so I can find the folder for quick swapping out.

As for where to put the files you can always just make your own testing script in the scripts folder.

So you're putting the working version of the mod in the SteamApps workshop folder?

I just realised I could put a testing script together and simply add a recipe to let me turn something I've already got into the two ores - I'll work on something today and do the testing this evening. I'm thinking a pair of recipes to turn stone into the two ores should do the trick, although I'd best do the same with the books as well so I can actually learn the recipes to do the testing with...

Yes I put the working version in the steam workshop location. Just make sure the original is put back when steam updates.

I also have a special "magic wands" script in my testing version that allows me to spawn items. Its easy to do you just write a simple recipe that can spawn the item in for testing.

For example ...

recipe Spawn MRE    {    keep HCMagicwand,    Result:HCMRE,    Time:15,    } 

A couple of questions. (if there is somewhere else i should post questions about this mod, please let me know where, i don't want to clutter this thread up with my general questions about hydrocraft)

1) Industrial Furnace: Where is this located in the building menu? I have the book "Welding Textbook" which includes the industrial furnace, but i don't see it anywhere in my build menu.

2) Wine Making: I am a bit confused as to this process. There are several items listed in the cooking menu concerning this.

- Juice Grapes into Wooden Bucket - This requires 1 wooden bucket, 16 grapes, juicer. It's end result is a "Wooden Bucket with Wine" Shouldn't this be a wooden bucket with grape juice?

- Fill Barrel with Grape Juice - Requires Wooden Barrel and 5 x Wooden Bucket with Wine - Shouldn't this need 5 wooden buckets with grape juice? And it yields a barrel of wine, not a barrel of grape juice?

- Ferment Grape Juice - Requires a Barrel of Wine, and yields a Barrel of Wine.

- Ferment Wine - Requires a Barrel of wine and 1 unit of Yeast. Yields Vinegar.

This doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also, the Metal Detector seems a tad OP to me.

Well I think the intention was that souring the wine makes Vinegar. Approach and recipe may need work. XD

OP in what sense? Could you be a bit more specific?

Well I think the intention was that souring the wine makes Vinegar. Approach and recipe may need work. XD

Wine just needs to be left with access to oxygen, then bacteria will slowly start to create acetic acid.

As for the Metal Detector, you find A LOT of great stuff WAY too often. I think in two days of playing with it, i found two barrels of phenlysopmething acid, 5 sheet metal, several bikes, a ton of tools.

It just seems to go against the general flow of the game.

Foraging you find a couple things, but you often don't find anything. Even using the "Find Fauna" and search for bugs, you find lots of stuff, but the rare useful stuff is quite rare, ie wild bee hives, bees, silk moths etc.

Does it work off of a skill? Maybe it's just me, but i find a CRAPTON of stuff with it. It just seems like it should be harder to obtain all this stuff than standing inside my house and using the metal detector 30 times, then hitting fast forward.

It also uses very little power to find such amazing stuff. Two days of use and i think i finally noticed the medium battery had some power taken off of it, though, no matter because i have 19 more batteries where that one came from.

TL;DR

Little effort for TONS of gain. Seems off balance.

Also, a request, could we turn Suture Needles and Needles back and forth? The way nails can be converted tino nail gun ammo etc.

Or make suture needles recycleable. After raiding the pharmacy, i have over 20 suture needles. But can't do anything with them.

Hydromancer,

I followed your instructions, and went through and tested the recipes. I started out by changing the name of the wires to match your existing format as defined by the copper wire, then fixed the bug I caused doing that; I then spent two hours trying to find a bug, only to discover it was in the magic wand recipe (I'd replaced a comma with a semicolon by mistake). Having fixed that, the rest of the testing went relatively smoothly. I've tweaked the wire recipes slightly, but I think that's about it. I've not created recipes for making other kinds of wire, but it'd be easy enough to do if you want me to crank those out as well.

module Hydrocraft{    imports    {        Base    }/************************ITEMS************************/item HCZincore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Sphalerite,        icon 			= HCZincore,    }item HCZincingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Zinc Ingot,        icon 			= HCLithiumingot,    }item HCNickelore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Pentlandite,        icon 			= HCNickelore,    }item HCNickelingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Nickel Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCConstantaningot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Alloy Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCRollingmillsmall    {        Weight    		= 20,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Small Rolling Mill,        icon 			= HCRollingmillsmall,    }item HCWireconstantan     {        Weight    		= 0.2,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Wire,        icon 			= HCWireconstantan,    }item HCThermocouplewire    {        Weight    		= 0.4,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple Wire,        icon 			= HCThermocouplewire,    }item HCThermocouple    {        Weight    		= 1,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple,        icon 			= HCThermocouple,    }	item HCBookwelding	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Welding Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookwelding,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Industrial Furnace;Cut Steel Pipe;Make Large Sheet Of Metal;Make Metal Pipe;Make Metal Barrel;Weld Punching Bag Stand;Weld Weight Bench;Repair Treadmill;Make Thermocouple Wire;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookwelding,	}	item HCBookcopperworking	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Copper Working Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookcopperworking,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Make Copper Ingot;Make Constantan Ingot;Recycle Copper,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookcopperworking,	}	item HCBookelectrical	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Electrical Engineering Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookelectrical,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Upgrade To Charging Unit;Make Electricity;Turn Off Charging Unit;Recharge Battery;Make Thermocouple,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookelectrical,	}	item HCBookalloys	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Alloys Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookalloys,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Recycle Zinc;Roast Pentlandite;Roast Sphalerite;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HHCBookalloys,	}	item HCBookjewellerycrafting	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Jewellery Crafting Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookjewellerycrafting,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookjewellerycrafting,	}/************************RECIPES************************/recipe Make Small Rolling Mill    {	HCSteelingot,	HCIroningot=5,    	keep HCSmithyhammersteel,    	keep HCTongs,    	keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,	keep HCAnvil,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,	Result:HCRollingmillsmall,	Time:150.0,       	Category:Engineer,    }recipe Recycle Zinc    {    HCPenny=100,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCSmelter,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Sphalerite    {    HCZincore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Pentlandite    {    HCNickelore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCNickelingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Constantan Ingot    {    HCCopperingot,    HCNickelingot,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCConstantaningot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Constantan Wire    {    HCConstantaningot=2,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWireconstantan=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Copper Wire    {    HCCopperingot=2,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWirecopper=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple Wire    {    HCWireconstantan,    HCWirecopper,    keep HCWeldingmask,    keep HCWorkgloves,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCAnvil/HCAnvillead,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCThermocouplewire,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple    {    SkillRequired:Electrical=3,    HCThermocouplewire,    ElectronicsScrap=4,    Screws=4,    HCCalculator,    keep Screwdriver,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCPliers,    Result:HCThermocouple,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Electrical,    }}

Also, a request, could we turn Suture Needles and Needles back and forth? The way nails can be converted tino nail gun ammo etc.

Or make suture needles recycleable. After raiding the pharmacy, i have over 20 suture needles. But can't do anything with them.

I don't think you could bend the two needles back and forth that easily - the suture needles are usually surgical-grade steel. I think the problem with recycling them might be the quantity, though - how many suture needles weigh as much as a half-kilo steel ingot?

I don't think you could bend the two needles back and forth that easily - the suture needles are usually surgical-grade steel. I think the problem with recycling them might be the quantity, though - how many suture needles weigh as much as a half-kilo steel ingot?

Ah, that is true. Though, it only takes 10 regular needles to make one iron ingot.

It would be nice (but probably a crap ton of work) if we could just recycle based on weight.

Perhaps a recipe to create "1 Half Kilo of Steel" made up from the weight of items. So instead of having a recipe for "Recycle Steel" using 3 scissors, it uses 3 weight units of steel, be it a bunch of knives, some scissors or what have you.

Would do away with all the recycle recipes. Then you would just have one for each type of metal.

Wine just needs to be left with access to oxygen, then bacteria will slowly start to create acetic acid.

As for the Metal Detector, you find A LOT of great stuff WAY too often. I think in two days of playing with it, i found two barrels of phenlysopmething acid, 5 sheet metal, several bikes, a ton of tools.

It just seems to go against the general flow of the game.

Foraging you find a couple things, but you often don't find anything. Even using the "Find Fauna" and search for bugs, you find lots of stuff, but the rare useful stuff is quite rare, ie wild bee hives, bees, silk moths etc.

Does it work off of a skill? Maybe it's just me, but i find a CRAPTON of stuff with it. It just seems like it should be harder to obtain all this stuff than standing inside my house and using the metal detector 30 times, then hitting fast forward.

It also uses very little power to find such amazing stuff. Two days of use and i think i finally noticed the medium battery had some power taken off of it, though, no matter because i have 19 more batteries where that one came from.

TL;DR

Little effort for TONS of gain. Seems off balance.

Yeah it needs some balancing. Note it was originally from the Breaking Dead mod so some things don't alway jive with Hydrocraft.

Ah, that is true. Though, it only takes 10 regular needles to make one iron ingot.

It would be nice (but probably a crap ton of work) if we could just recycle based on weight.

Perhaps a recipe to create "1 Half Kilo of Steel" made up from the weight of items. So instead of having a recipe for "Recycle Steel" using 3 scissors, it uses 3 weight units of steel, be it a bunch of knives, some scissors or what have you.

Would do away with all the recycle recipes. Then you would just have one for each type of metal.

Code wise that would be a nightmare. Its already hard enough to make a recipe to recycle every time. Having very possible combo is insane.

Hydromancer,

I followed your instructions, and went through and tested the recipes. I started out by changing the name of the wires to match your existing format as defined by the copper wire, then fixed the bug I caused doing that; I then spent two hours trying to find a bug, only to discover it was in the magic wand recipe (I'd replaced a comma with a semicolon by mistake). Having fixed that, the rest of the testing went relatively smoothly. I've tweaked the wire recipes slightly, but I think that's about it. I've not created recipes for making other kinds of wire, but it'd be easy enough to do if you want me to crank those out as well.

module Hydrocraft{    imports    {        Base    }/************************ITEMS************************/item HCZincore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Sphalerite,        icon 			= HCZincore,    }item HCZincingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Zinc Ingot,        icon 			= HCLithiumingot,    }item HCNickelore     {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Pentlandite,        icon 			= HCNickelore,    }item HCNickelingot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Nickel Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCConstantaningot    {        Weight    		= 0.5,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Alloy Ingot,        icon 			= HCSteelingot,    }item HCRollingmillsmall    {        Weight    		= 20,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Small Rolling Mill,        icon 			= HCRollingmillsmall,    }item HCWireconstantan     {        Weight    		= 0.2,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Constantan Wire,        icon 			= HCWireconstantan,    }item HCThermocouplewire    {        Weight    		= 0.4,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple Wire,        icon 			= HCThermocouplewire,    }item HCThermocouple    {        Weight    		= 1,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Thermocouple,        icon 			= HCThermocouple,    }	item HCBookwelding	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Welding Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookwelding,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Industrial Furnace;Cut Steel Pipe;Make Large Sheet Of Metal;Make Metal Pipe;Make Metal Barrel;Weld Punching Bag Stand;Weld Weight Bench;Repair Treadmill;Make Thermocouple Wire;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookwelding,	}	item HCBookcopperworking	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Copper Working Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookcopperworking,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Make Copper Ingot;Make Constantan Ingot;Recycle Copper,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookcopperworking,	}	item HCBookelectrical	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Electrical Engineering Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookelectrical,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Upgrade To Charging Unit;Make Electricity;Turn Off Charging Unit;Recharge Battery;Make Thermocouple,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookelectrical,	}	item HCBookalloys	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Alloys Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookalloys,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Recycle Zinc;Roast Pentlandite;Roast Sphalerite;Mill Constantan Wire;Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HHCBookalloys,	}	item HCBookjewellerycrafting	{		Weight		=	0.5,		Type		=	Literature,		DisplayName	=	Jewellery Crafting Textbook,		Icon		=	HCBookjewellerycrafting,		TeachedRecipes  =   	Mill Copper Wire,        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCBookjewellerycrafting,	}/************************RECIPES************************/recipe Make Small Rolling Mill    {	HCSteelingot,	HCIroningot=5,    	keep HCSmithyhammersteel,    	keep HCTongs,    	keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,	keep HCAnvil,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,	Result:HCRollingmillsmall,	Time:150.0,       	Category:Engineer,    }recipe Recycle Zinc    {    HCPenny=100,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCSmelter,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Sphalerite    {    HCZincore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCZincingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Roast Pentlandite    {    HCNickelore,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCGasmask,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCNickelingot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Constantan Ingot    {    HCCopperingot,    HCNickelingot,    HCCoal/Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    HCIngotmold,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCBlastfurnace,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCConstantaningot,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Constantan Wire    {    HCConstantaningot=2,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWireconstantan=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Mill Copper Wire    {    HCCopperingot=2,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCWeldingmask,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCCarpenterbench,    keep HCRollingmillsmall,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWirecopper=5,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple Wire    {    HCWireconstantan,    HCWirecopper,    keep HCWeldingmask,    keep HCWorkgloves,    HCWeldingset,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCAnvil/HCAnvillead,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCThermocouplewire,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:100,    Category:Blacksmithing,    }recipe Make Thermocouple    {    SkillRequired:Electrical=3,    HCThermocouplewire,    ElectronicsScrap=4,    Screws=4,    HCCalculator,    keep Screwdriver,    keep HCWorkgloves,    keep HCPliers,    Result:HCThermocouple,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:300,    Category:Electrical,    }}

Make sure you request any art in the art thread since I do not think we have art for a Thermocouple or Small Rolling MIll.

Note I already made art for the ore and ingots.

Code wise that would be a nightmare. Its already hard enough to make a recipe to recycle every time. Having very possible combo is insane.

My idea for recycling wouldn't be to add more recipes with all cominations. Just to have 1 recipe for each metal. But instead of it needing 3 scissors, it just needs 3 units of weight of anything that is considered that metal. a bunch of knives, some scissors was just an example.

For example.

Recycle Steel = 1 kilo of steel bearing objects.

using the items weight, you would just need to add how ever much steel items that add up to 1 kilo.

Though, i can imagine this might be limited by the game engine?