Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I don't need them, what I ment was to add the item name for the cardboardboxes, wooden crates, etc items to also work for the mod. in layman's terms; the cardboard boxes from your mod automatically count as a picked up cardboard box in mine, and is placable. That is, if the user has both mods. No adjustment is needed on your end, and for me it's just a simple "if player inventory item == Hydrocraft.CardboardBox" :P Which will create no errors if hydrocraft isn't installed, but automatically works when it is.

I like mod compatibilities :P

You think you could do that with chicken coop and rabbit hutch? Even if it lose the functionality to breed, be useful only as storage, I do not mind building another rabbit hutch and store inside, as long I dont have this creepy feeling when pass through those items.

Sorry for my english >.<

I don't need them, what I ment was to add the item name for the cardboardboxes, wooden crates, etc items to also work for the mod. in layman's terms; the cardboard boxes from your mod automatically count as a picked up cardboard box in mine, and is placable. That is, if the user has both mods. No adjustment is needed on your end, and for me it's just a simple "if player inventory item == Hydrocraft.CardboardBox" :P Which will create no errors if hydrocraft isn't installed, but automatically works when it is.

They should not be. All my item have the HC infront of them.

So a Cardboard Box would be Hydrocraft.HCCardboardbox.

Also since they are bags it would not be good for them to be picked up since they would loose their inventory unless you found a way to transfer the inventory of a "bag" into a "crate".

That... basicly is exactly what my mod does, and I'll look up the corresponding names for all the items if the permision is granted, and I'll get working on it :)

The bag to crate/fridge/stove/whatever you want keeps it's inventory when converted from world object to item form and the other way around, also they keep their function and all other properties such as world sprite etc. If you pick up an object such as a fridge, you don't need to take the items out. Nor when you place it. Same goes with anything implimented into the coding. :)

soooo.... is that a green light?

But what about inventory size of the bag? For instance the Hydrocraft Cardboard box only hold 20 units. but a placable cardboard box holds 50 units. How are you dealing with that?

Also the Hydrocraft Wooden crate is much smaller than a base game wooden crate.

In short I think the ones you have represent much larger items than mine.

They should not be. All my item have the HC infront of them.

So a Cardboard Box would be Hydrocraft.HCCardboardbox.

Also since they are bags it would not be good for them to be picked up since they would loose their inventory unless you found a way to transfer the inventory of a "bag" into a "crate".

That... basicly is exactly what my mod does, and I'll look up the corresponding names for all the items if the permision is granted, and I'll get working on it :)

The bag to crate/fridge/stove/whatever you want keeps it's inventory when converted from world object to item form and the other way around, also they keep their function and all other properties such as world sprite etc. If you pick up an object such as a fridge, you don't need to take the items out. Nor when you place it. Same goes with anything implimented into the coding. :)

soooo.... is that a green light?

But what about inventory size of the bag? For instance the Hydrocraft Cardboard box only hold 20 units. but a placable cardboard box holds 50 units. How are you dealing with that?

Also the Hydrocraft Wooden crate is much smaller than a base game wooden crate.

In short I think the ones you have represent much larger items than mine.

setCapacity(int capacity)

I don't see a problem for that :P and my items get their sprites from the world objects sprite, and likewise can that be used the other way around. XD I have no crates yet, but figured since I'm make them anyway, let's just do all of the things. Any more questions or things you may think are going to be a problem?

Edit: The main reason I'm asking for permission for this is because I want to add a lot of things, which already exist in your mod, and having the same item exist in a game twice is kind of silly.

Where do you guys usually find thermometers? I went to Cortman Medical and they didn't have a single one. It's required for the steam machine, which without, you can't make a simple stamp mill and furthermore can't make concrete ingots and and then buckets of concrete for the next recipes. 

I just lost a 10 hour game because I couldn't find a thermometer >:L

I think someone suggested they be crafted given their rarity.

I've found them in Cortman Medical a few times, but only with the random loot settings for non-food/non-weapon items set to a high setting. I haven't been looking for one yet because I can't easily build/refill junkyards, so all of the steam-related equipment is unavailable to me, but I know I haven't found a thermometer in New Denver yet - I'm guessing the most likely spawn point would be in the hospital, but that's at the other end of town from where I am.

Realistically, medical thermometers wouldn't work for any of this equipment - they don't go to a high enough temperature. If they're mercury bulb thermometers, they'd shatter or explode well before the steam gets up to workable temperatures. Even kitchen oven thermometers would probably not be suitable (they rarely get above 250-300 celcius) - you'd need either industrial thermometers, from somewhere like an existing factory, or maybe some of the thermometers used in science labs for melting point tests. Although I think even those wouldn't work - I seem to remember that temperature readings in industrial boilers are measured using thermocouples rather than thermometers.

You'd also need pressure gauges to track steam pressures to make sure you aren't about to watch your steam-powered item exploding...

ETA: I've done some google searches, and while I'm having trouble finding specifics on industrial steam boilers, the papers on industrial furnaces all refer to the use of thermocouples or infrared pyrometers for temperature measurement (and the problems with both). I think there'd be more variation with steam boilers depending on what it is they're doing - something that's providing hot water for a house will have a lower operating temperature than something providing pressurised steam for powering mechanical equipment - but I suspect you're still looking at thermocouples rather than thermometers, especially mercury bulb thermometers.

I was going to make thermometers craftable, but now that you say this perhaps I should be adding in an industrial thermometer instead.

I'd suggest making a craftable thermocouple, and perhaps having a pre-generated thermocouple that can be found in some locations (Factories? Hardware shops, maybe?) Thermocouples are pretty simple in principle (this might be handy: http://www.explainthatstuff.com/howthermocoupleswork.html) - it's probably a bit more spekittened than what you might find in a hardware store, but I'm not sure to what extent things like voltmeters were in hardware stores in the 90s. They seem to be pretty cheap and available at the moment ( http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Universal-Thermocouple/p/440300 ) although that's for a central heating unit, rather than an industrial application.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a thermocouple being craftable - if someone has some wire, an ingot of another metal type, a book on Electrical Engineering (or something similar) and a unit or two of electronics scrap. It might be a good recipe for the Electrician skill tree?

I ran into a problem. Playing on a server that uses Hydrocraft, and I found a dead survivor's hand dolly (weighing just over 110) loaded with goods. 'Twas too heavy for me to equip and off-load all its contents, so I packed that dolly onto another dolly I was already carrying (dolly-ception?) but now, I can't drop either of the dollies and my inventory is stuck! I can't pick up any food nor unpack food from my pack, is there anything I can do to to survive?

So if you were looking at converting some of your items to solid placed objects...

I really like the gardening in clay pots but they are kind of huge, so i was thinking what if they were in isometric planter boxes. If you like what i made please feel free to use it, if not its fine as i am going to attempt modding at some point after i finish making my icon library. From top left to bottom right (after planter box and filled planter box)...

Apple, Avocado, Banana, Bell Pepper, Blackberry, Blueberry, Broccoli, Cucumber, Cabbage, Carrot, Cherry, Chinese Cabbage, Corn, Cotton, Coffee, Eggplant, Garlic, Grape, Green Onion, Hemp, Jute, Lemon, Leek, Lettuce, Lime, Orange, Onion, Pear, Peach, Pumpkin, Peanut, Pea, Pineapple, Potato, Poppy, Radish, Rubber, Strawberry, Sunflower, Sweet Potato, Tea, Tomato, Watermelon, Zucchini  

28rp1yr.png

Will do some more also. Off the top of my head i am thinking Beans, Okra, Sugar Cane, Date Palm, Mango, Cashew, Basil, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary, Mint, Chili Pepper.. and maybe some aquaculture stuff.  

@Themo

Amazing! You should check out the art topic for Hydrocraft.

I don't see a problem for that :P and my items get their sprites from the world objects sprite, and likewise can that be used the other way around. XD I have no crates yet, but figured since I'm make them anyway, let's just do all of the things. Any more questions or things you may think are going to be a problem?

Edit: The main reason I'm asking for permission for this is because I want to add a lot of things, which already exist in your mod, and having the same item exist in a game twice is kind of silly.

So will it require Hydrocraft or just work if you have both mods?

I'm sure you're busy doing things, Hydro, and take your time. But, can we get an ETA on that thermometer hotfix/whatever? I'd really like to get past this hurdle in my game. 

Maybe this week? I just don't know

I ran into a problem. Playing on a server that uses Hydrocraft, and I found a dead survivor's hand dolly (weighing just over 110) loaded with goods. 'Twas too heavy for me to equip and off-load all its contents, so I packed that dolly onto another dolly I was already carrying (dolly-ception?) but now, I can't drop either of the dollies and my inventory is stuck! I can't pick up any food nor unpack food from my pack, is there anything I can do to to survive?

I think you need an admin to help you.

Basicly I'm making a section of my mod check whether Hydrocraft is an enabled mod, if it is, it loads that section, if it's not, that section of the mod isn't needed and doesn't load. All automatic... So, can I have permission? :)

Hydro, will that be possible to make a tincan a thowable weapon that can produce a little noise after it hits a ground? could be a good idea of how to use a useless item

Maybe not just a tin can but a tin can with a stone inside could work.

Basicly I'm making a section of my mod check whether Hydrocraft is an enabled mod, if it is, it loads that section, if it's not, that section of the mod isn't needed and doesn't load. All automatic... So, can I have permission? :)

Yeah go for it (with credit of course)!

Hydro, will that be possible to make a tincan a thowable weapon that can produce a little noise after it hits a ground? could be a good idea of how to use a useless item

Maybe not just a tin can but a tin can with a stone inside could work.

Yeah go for it (with credit of course)!

That speaks for itself! Awesome, once I got some spare time I'll get on it! :D

So if you were looking at converting some of your items to solid placed objects...

I really like the gardening in clay pots but they are kind of huge, so i was thinking what if they were in isometric planter boxes. If you like what i made please feel free to use it, if not its fine as i am going to attempt modding at some point after i finish making my icon library. From top left to bottom right (after planter box and filled planter box)...

Apple, Avocado, Banana, Bell Pepper, Blackberry, Blueberry, Broccoli, Cucumber, Cabbage, Carrot, Cherry, Chinese Cabbage, Corn, Cotton, Coffee, Eggplant, Garlic, Grape, Green Onion, Hemp, Jute, Lemon, Leek, Lettuce, Lime, Orange, Onion, Pear, Peach, Pumpkin, Peanut, Pea, Pineapple, Potato, Poppy, Radish, Rubber, Strawberry, Sunflower, Sweet Potato, Tea, Tomato, Watermelon, Zucchini  

28rp1yr.png

Will do some more also. Off the top of my head i am thinking Beans, Okra, Sugar Cane, Date Palm, Mango, Cashew, Basil, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary, Mint, Chili Pepper.. and maybe some aquaculture stuff.  

Can you post individual images or put them in a winRAR?

it sounds a little bit crazy but try to click "drop" in the inventory menu. When i play and i cant drop an item (because to heavy) it works to click "drop" in the inventory right from the item.

Hydro, I some how glitched out my iron working book (I'm guessing it was a glitch as it didn't say anything about an anvil and gave me a lot of txt in the cmd prompt when I'd read it) so I just deleted it, (put it on a zed corps then turn said corpse into bones) found another one and re read it...solved the anvil issue...

Thank you kindly True, I had no idea the forging skill was involved..makes a lot of sense now..

Hydro!!!

Those IBCs contain 275 gallons of water. THAT is why they are so heavy lol.

I am not sure what the ingame amount it stores is...But it still seems like a butt ton. Their whole purpose is industrial fluid or granulate substance storage. Reducing the weight seems a little....unbalanced. perhaps there is some sort of workaround for that situation?

Instead of you just plopping it wherever, treat it like you would a generator. You have to pick it up in both hands, and when it gets placed it becomes a part of the world rather than an item. It would remove alot of the issues people have with weight, and the context menu complications, also making the items place able in that sort of way would help loads with making things look....pretty, lol. Dont you agree?

Second!

Me and the guy that has started making tutorial videos had a chat, and we brought up an interesting idea, not a possible cure but an extension to the inevitable, more appropriate for multiplayer servers.

Have you ever played Deadstate? If a survivor of yours was infected, they needed a daily dose of antibiotics, or after a few days they would die. Or zombrex from dead rising, also a daily thing. If something like that was implemented, antibiotics being rare in the general loot table, but fairly plentiful at hospitals/coleman, maybe craftable with large amounts of rotten food.
Then your could get into bacteria breeding, but like slowly overtime the virus becomes used to the antibiotics, or instead of that, the virus combined with high antibiotic usage weakens your immune system, infection risk is much higher, infections are far more deadly, and any other illnesses you contract WILL kill unless taken care of. ie. well fed, more antibiotics, good sleep. chicken soup etc lol

THIRD!

Keep up the good work man, for being what seems to be a one man project youre holding up well,  what with the constant stream of bugs and ideas from your people here as well, if you need help with Anything give me a shout on steam Marachi Sore

or my email jrharmke13@yahoo.com

Links to the bug posts are here Hydro:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/?p=206516

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/?p=206728

PM me if you'd rather it in a structured form in an email or message etc. I'll gladly reformat it if it'll help!

-

On another note: is there a way to tag a user in a post in a thread?

Hydro!!!

Those IBCs contain 275 gallons of water. THAT is why they are so heavy lol.

I am not sure what the ingame amount it stores is...But it still seems like a butt ton. Their whole purpose is industrial fluid or granulate substance storage. Reducing the weight seems a little....unbalanced. perhaps there is some sort of workaround for that situation?

Instead of you just plopping it wherever, treat it like you would a generator. You have to pick it up in both hands, and when it gets placed it becomes a part of the world rather than an item. It would remove alot of the issues people have with weight, and the context menu complications, also making the items place able in that sort of way would help loads with making things look....pretty, lol. Dont you agree?

Second!

Me and the guy that has started making tutorial videos had a chat, and we brought up an interesting idea, not a possible cure but an extension to the inevitable, more appropriate for multiplayer servers.

Have you ever played Deadstate? If a survivor of yours was infected, they needed a daily dose of antibiotics, or after a few days they would die. Or zombrex from dead rising, also a daily thing. If something like that was implemented, antibiotics being rare in the general loot table, but fairly plentiful at hospitals/coleman, maybe craftable with large amounts of rotten food.

Then your could get into bacteria breeding, but like slowly overtime the virus becomes used to the antibiotics, or instead of that, the virus combined with high antibiotic usage weakens your immune system, infection risk is much higher, infections are far more deadly, and any other illnesses you contract WILL kill unless taken care of. ie. well fed, more antibiotics, good sleep. chicken soup etc lol

THIRD!

Keep up the good work man, for being what seems to be a one man project youre holding up well,  what with the constant stream of bugs and ideas from your people here as well, if you need help with Anything give me a shout on steam Marachi Sore

or my email jrharmke13@yahoo.com

1. Sorry I am not sure how the genertor stuff work.

2. I already have a plan for "cure" related stuff. I do not want to reveal my plans though.

3. Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the mod.

Links to the bug posts are here Hydro:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/?p=206516

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/?p=206728

PM me if you'd rather it in a structured form in an email or message etc. I'll gladly reformat it if it'll help!

-

On another note: is there a way to tag a user in a post in a thread?

Thank you this was very helpful. Please make an updated list after next update to see if I missed anything or if new bugs arise. This is very helpful.