Secret Mission Screenshot Challenge!

Batsphinx

I thought I'd give this it's own thread :D

As some have discovered, there might just be some new stuff we've stealthed out in the latest IWBUMS release.

I need to get comparison shots of old and new for Mondoid, but I have a stinking cold and am mostly lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.

I thought I'd open it up to the forum, with the chance of winning a spare GOG key for The Witcher 3 that I have handy for the best old vs new comparison shot that I use at the very top of the Mondoid?

Sound like fun? We'd need something like what's below .. but less amateur / obviously done by me who is rubbish / clearly taken from the tutorial. Just post up here and if you're the lucky one who gets the top slot in Mondoid then you can get a free game :)

Judge's decision is final, and I am the judge.

oldold.jpg

newnew.jpg

10 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

I dunno. Why don't you go and take a look?

[and screenshots plz]

I'll try some screens too, do you want them plain or can there be erosion and such?

Can it have a deep spiritual meaning?

(Also, since you're here and the tracker's gone, there's a few grammar in the "Build menu" still of when you use the hammer. Like "Double basic shelves !" (Unless they were fixed since, I haven't been able to check)

Please post bug reports in the release thread. This is exclusively for comparison shots.

If you submit anything else, it will be deleted as it makes it harder to sift through posts.

What this means: Don't post a buggy screenshot.

2 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

I'll try some screens too, do you want them plain or can there be erosion and such?

Can it have a deep spiritual meaning?

Just whatever shows off the new sprites best, and is zoomed in enough to show the difference - as it's when people zoom in a bit that they really shine.

I'd imagine key map locations like Twiggy's, Sunshine Motel, Mall, Spiffo's etc would all make good spots for comparison shots too :)

If there's a ton of entries over the weekend then I have other game codes I could add to the prize pool too.

6 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Project Zomboid 0.1.5d

Project Zomboid - Build 33

Project Zomboid - Build 34 - Mash's Secret Project

Edit: messed up zoom level on Build 33 :S orry
Edit 2: Also, no sharers because I don't like the aesthetic they give the game. Though, for some they do enhance the visuals, keep that in mind.

Dude, if I would be able to judge, with those three screens, I'd call you a winner!

@stutlleman

In your steam client library, Right click Project Zomboid, select Properties, a window should open, click BETAS tab and simply select NONE from the drop down menu. Steam will redownload Build 33.

Also, you can copy/cut and paste into anywhere the entire install folder of PZ Usually C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and run the game from there using ProjectZomboid32.bat file without steam so you can keep the older version even if you ahve steam set to download the newest automatically.

1 hour ago, blindcoder said:

Dude, if I would be able to judge, with those three screens, I'd call you a winner!

Still plenty of time to go for competitors, and plenty of other game codes to add to the prize pile too!

I wasn't sure if I'm going to take part or not, but in the end I moved some things in my settlement around to make a comparison screen - which wasn't that hard actually, as there are currently two 34 branches - 34.10 from the nutritiontest and 34.11 from IWBUMS, so the saves are interchangeable :).

Generally wanted to capture some of the recently added features along with the old ones, so we have a visible log wall (I'm a crap carpenter), beginning farming (I'm a crap farmer), along with radios, moved furniture and moved corpse (which also symbolizes the fact that the blood is wipeable in Build 34!). I wanted to drop my duffle bag too, but ultimately forgot about it :/. Unfortunately, radio couldn't *bzzt* as the text in 34.10 is off the place :P.

While we're at it, I made a nice little comparison using one of the free tools to do so, so you can compare them nicely - just press F11 if you are on 1920x1080 resolution, or zoom out if you are on lower (or zoom in on higher, if you don't mind pixelose :P).

Since 34.11 adds a whole new zoom level (I actually haven't realized that it goes that in the most recent build, that's because it's still looking great :P), I made two comparison - one with the furthest zoom possible in pre 34.11 and then the max zoom in 34.11 compared to cropped (and even more pixelish!). The 34.10 image is also stretched by your browser by width and height parameters, so if it's wrong, try looking from a different one (I used Google Chrome)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8242751/za.html

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8242751/zb.html

However (that was also a reason why I was puzzled to take place or not), In a rare case I would be eligible for one, I don't really need the Witcher 3 GOG key :(. While I like Witcher and eventually want to get it anyway, I want to get it on Steam which will give me my GOG key ultimately anyway - and I'll grab it at the time it'll be heavily discounted anyway ;). I also have to beat Witcher 1 and 2 first! I could have course get the key and sell it or give it to someone else (or trade for another Project Zomboid copy for my fiancee to play together :P), but that would feel wrong, and unethical, beside I'd want someone else to have it!

Either way, I'm attaching the screens below anyway :)

za1.png

za2.png

zb1.png

zb2.png

Edited by Faalagorn
Added spoiler tags

On 4/3/2016 at 11:14 AM, Batsphinx said:

I'd imagine key map locations like Twiggy's, Sunshine Motel, Mall, Spiffo's etc would all make good spots for comparison shots too :)

Wish i could have done more but i am doing them on the run.

Mall (Really tricky to get right, some bugs here and there)

Spoiler

Security(Old)

96JjQfX.png

New

GaFdWck.png

Stairs (Old)

RLFW15a.png

New

7xSoKqh.png

Fountain (Old)

q14b7kn.png

New

GVfLETp.png

Front Mall entrance (Old)

EOQdcAx.jpg

New

sTTOdpn.jpg

Motel (Cant show much since you need to zoom-in)

Spoiler

Old

CLhNitL.jpg

New

gkbc2kj.jpg

Twiggys (Where i realize that if you save in a old version and transfer the save into the IWBUMS, the whole world geometry goes to hell)

Spoiler

Old

pxKJ1vr.png

6lppZFO.png

New

AxS8fn5.png

sm1KvPj.jpg

Bouns:

SQD59G0.png

CNPGIuD.png

lcXrlPw.png

GigaMart And Spiffo