What should Kate and Baldspot call them? (if anything)

MadDan

I did a search before this, but found nothing.

Obviously the story is a good while away, but before whenever it arrives I thought'd be fun to think up names to have K&B call these things. If they're just calling them 'zeds' and 'crawlers' or whatever, then fine. But maybe we might find something unique? You never know what agreement we might come to. :D

Let's let the crawlers stay crawlers.

Anyway, I assume, no 'walkers', 'geeks' etc... will be added, so surely some of you have great names for these.... things. I can't think of anything right now, just the idea of naming them for a signal to each other.

OT: What's wrong with just calling them zombies? That's what they are in the end. :P

Nothing of course, but something unique to Zomboid. Even though the name is almost zombie itself. :P 

Would "Them™" not be confusing? "THEM INCOMING!" :P

If I remember correctly, they would call them, 'them'.

Dun dun dun.

It's actually "Them™"

Can't infringe on that copyright.

OT: What's wrong with just calling them zombies? That's what they are in the end. :P

I think the canon for most zombie's is that the concept has never been encountered before in any context unlike vampires/werewolves which have a richer legend.

I think the battery (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2272350/) is the only one to have actually referred to them as zombies and even then it's reluctantly.

Well, as the game has it practically in the title, I'd say they should call them Zomboids.

Though ISTR someone suggesting to rename PZ into "This is how you died." because he like that line so much.

Keep the suggestions coming :)

Anyway, what about Zoids? :D

It bus me when people call them Zomboids. Doesn't fit; that's the name of the game, not the creatures. I'm not sure it matters, though… why should there be a specific in game nomenclature for them? Might as well have everyone calling them something different. I doubt in case of apocalypse that every survivor will be part of a comitee to name the zombies. They'd be a bit preoccupied with other stuff.

It bus me when people call them Zomboids. Doesn't fit; that's the name of the game, not the creatures. I'm not sure it matters, though… why should there be a specific in game nomenclature for them? Might as well have everyone calling them something different. I doubt in case of apocalypse that every survivor will be part of a comitee to name the zombies. They'd be a bit preoccupied with other stuff.

How about if every NPC called them something different or something. I feel there's going to be a point in the story where they'll have to refer to them as something, but you're right, I don't like Zomboids, or Zoids either. Zoids feels more robotic to me now that I think of it. :P