Best place to hold up inside of?

magnum2016

I've repeatedly tried the cabin in the woods (with the well), however I always get a horde after about 3-7 days that just grows and grows - impossible to lead them away with shotgun/pistol shots. I think I'll try the farm (with the well) next - how long does it take to run to the town from there? From the cabin I could make it to the large warehouse (on the east side) in about 2-2.5 game hours after I had cleared a small path through the woods.

Well in the most cases i just try to barricade all the windows of two normal (2 floor) residences and run between these two houses when scavenging for supplies and food. Never made it so far that the power or the water ran out so i had to move to the farmhouse.

I am fairly nomadic but I do have caches of goods stored in places where I can sleep for the night and also craft anything I might need before going scavenging for supplies. I spread those out on the map in an area which I frequently travel through so that there is always a place to duck into just in case of zombies siege at one of my other havens.  :cool:

If you manage to wall off the area around an apartment block you have a pretty good base, not many ways into the apartment block's first floor and only one way to get from floor to floor unless you have bed sheets which zombies can't use.

I'll mention the deleting posts thing at our super secret moderator club meeting.

Do y'all have a secret thread just for moderator discussion on this forum like we used to have on some of the other forums I moderated? Now you're making me curious about if there really is something super secret about being a moderator.. lol

I'm not entirely sure where it is, but there is a bar I like to use next to a trailer park when I find it. Occasionally, however, when the zombies are feeling a bit thirsty I get weeded and need to ditch it for a while but rarely if ever does that happen, apparently zombies don't like alcohol very much.

Do y'all have a secret thread just for moderator discussion on this forum like we used to have on some of the other forums I moderated? Now you're making me curious about if there really is something super secret about being a moderator.. lol

Don't be silly we don't have a forum for that, we all meet up irl.

There is a place up towards of the north of of the map, across from the big warehouse by maybe, 2kms. It's just a small one story house, surrounded by the tall fences that zombies can't get over, some would say it's dangerous but it's out of the way and on the edge of a forest and after about 3 months I haven't had many zeds wander over. :)

There is a place up towards of the north of of the map, across from the big warehouse by maybe, 2kms. It's just a small one story house, surrounded by the tall fences that zombies can't get over, some would say it's dangerous but it's out of the way and on the edge of a forest and after about 3 months I haven't had many zeds wander over. :)

Is the one near by a restaurant too?

I think i live in the same house, just had to cut some trees and then blocked off the fences.

no matter where you prefer to set up your safehouse, i think you will still end up either to the farm in the north or at the cabin in the forest since water where run out eventually

3 months? are you playing survival mode? or sandbox mode?

• 2 months later...

What is the best place to turn into a base?

So far i have experimented with the Police Station

The Police Station worked as a great base camp considering it had weapons, 3 entrances, and a bed that was protected by steel bars.

The Police Station on the other hand survived 3 gunshot/helicopter events and i am still surviving inside of it.

The Police Station is where I'm holding up in and it does work great the only problem i have with it is so far away from everything thats good and bad,my advice is too put a wall infront of and behind the fence preventing zombie build up and More ground too walk around in.

I prefer walling off whole areas rather then just a single building. I build a wall from one house to another, and then onto the next house, ultimately creating a walled in area with 3+ buildings, all with barricated windows and 3+ exits a fair distance apart from each other. Crops and rain barrels are in the middle of the compound. Ideally, one building is in the middle of the compound, totally barricated within the walls. When finished, I have a big self-sustaining area with maximum comfort and security for a whole group, and still a minimum amount of breakable walls.

What gets me in the end is usually the lack of npcs. All zombies on the map are currently drawn to me as I am the only one making noises. And there are no one else around to help me defend my walls as they are attacked. This will be a great strategy when the npcs are implemented though. The noise will be evenly distributed over the town and I will have at least four people defending the walls.

With this strategy, you get many new potential spots to choose between, places you would not even think about settling before. Here's an example

What I like to do is build multiple safe houses in the area near the big warehouse. I select the 4 2 story building nearby and move between them based on if a horde moves in on whichever safehouse. What really annoys be is that somehow the zombies hordes somehow surround all four safe houses at once. Its not that I move to each one equally to attrack them, itd that I won't go to the others for I long time and when I do decide to there's a zombies. It makes me think the game cheats in that it secretly targets any house that's been modified.

Farmhouse, Any of the apartments, I really don't like this map because it's so confusing, i'm so used to Rc2.5 :P

Yeah tbh i cant quite get to grips with this map an i barely make it out of the residential area i spawn in..lol

The older map just felt more.. well fun i suppose

I used to love making a camp on the top floor of that massive office block, an pushing sofas down the stairs an all that but on this one the zombies are just everywhere an the spacing between the houses somewhat large so im not inclined to nip out an pilfer food as much..

I tried the police station but there were way too many zombies guarding it so I beat down the back door with my bat. 

I raided all the weapons and went to the restaurant down the road near the end of town (not the diner i busted that door down and lured zombies with an alarm :P ) But the kitchen there is great because it has an office room with a chair in it to sleep and a huge kitchen with two fridges.

I ended it with a full on zombie killing in the warehouse with no windows through the woods below the police station.

Ran out of shotgun shells and they ate me. 

I hold up in the house with the wall surrounding it (it's in the east of town). I build a 3-layer walls and fences around the only exit. 

I thought I was safe but of course the horde showed up. A few tried to bash on my door. I tried to defend it but I got scratched and get sick now.

Here is where it happened.