Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

Close Steam then go to your Steam installation path and rename clientregistry.blob to clientregistry.back

Start Steam and try to install it again, let me know if that works for you.

Hi Leandro. Thanks for your answer!

I renamed the file and when I restarted steam it created a new one (I'm sure this was the intention). However, no luck. Same message. :(

Weird, I had the same error and it was solved by remaking the clientregistry.blob file.

What have you tried so far? Here are some options. Order doesn't matter... probably.

1. Delete both blob files (the remade one and backup) Steam must be closed entirely for this, then restart.

2. Go into offline mode, then back online.

3. Right click the game, go to properties and opt into the beta, then try installing it.

4. Restart your PC

5. Wait an hour, then try again.

6. Wait a day, then try again.

7. Reinstall Steam

8. Reinstall Windows

9. Buy a new PC

X. Buy a gun

But i'm still very maddened by how zombies are currently working. I played in sandbox mode with low zombie density. After 3 days, there are about 500+ zombies within an ingame 1/4 mile radius of my base and nearby storage house. This lead to my death because this new zombie walking seems a little broken atm. Seems like they just walk at your position instead of randomly and the very few map sounds don't really lead them away anymore. I mean I miss the big group of a hoard all grouped together not really moving since no food was to be found, where you could at least use strategy and sound to lead them out of your way. Currently these 500+ zombies are spread out and there is just no possible way to kill them all, lead them away from my base, or anything else. Very maddening. I appreciate all the work you do but can you explain why I have 500+ zombies in such a cluster fook in a low zombie density setting? Would very much like to know if this is a bug in settings, AI, pathfinding, etc. 

I kinda agree with this, it seems that wherever you are zombies just begin to eventually spawn. I could be wrong but the meta game events seem spread around the player, which causes any meta game event to draw zombies into your area. 

If you go to the western farm, and stay there minding your own business, farming crops and building walls, then the odds of a large horde arriving should be minimal. It could have course happen. But it should be rare. Right now it seems that wherever you settle, a big horde will arrive on your doorstep in a few days.

The spawning is also a little off. I even had a zombie spawn inside my fence once, I was gardning with my back turned to a blind fence that surrounded a very small and uncluttered area, then suddenly a zombie appeared behind me. Even Ezio Auditore could not have repeated that feat. Great way to keep me on my toes. But not as realistic as I'd hope. If a zombie is inside my walls, I expect the barrier to be broken.

Weird, I had the same error and it was solved by remaking the clientregistry.blob file.

What have you tried so far? Here are some options. Order doesn't matter... probably.

1. Delete both blob files (the remade one and backup) Steam must be closed entirely for this, then restart.

I was about to buy a gun (you specifically said that the order wouldn't matter), but tried step one first. Completely deleting (and not just renaming) the files got it to work! It's installing as I am entering this.

Yay! Thanks a lot, kind stranger! :)

EDIT: Seeing as others are reporting functioning zoom, for the time being I am going to assume I have had possible installation errors, so it might be wise to disregard my comments here for the time being.

I'll try and give some feedback on this latest build, hopefully accurately! 

- 100% crash on the menu appearing. Selecting 'compatability mode' on boot fixes this and the game works fine.

- I dont appear to have a 64 bit exe any more, not sure if this is my installation error?

- Right clicking the world for the build menu frequently does not work, resulting in clicking all over the screen to get it to appear. Still   trying to track this down to something precise.

- Sheet ropes do not appear to work. Whilst I can craft them fine, making a stack of 5-6, attempting to right click an upstairs window   gives no option to attach, despite having plenty of ropes in my inventory.

- Whilst I can map the zoom in and zoom out buttons, they have no effect in game.

- Whilst on the northern warehouse roof, I was replacing the floor with wooden crafted floor pieces. Whilst travelling across the roof in combat stance (sneak) I feel through the floor to my death on the ground floor. I was doing so well! xD

- Tiles appearing when looking around is drastically slower than usual, although this was also featured in the last build. Black screen on load has been improved (sometimes takes a while to appear) but is nowhere near as buggy as the last version.

Hope this helps, and I'll keep investigating.

All this is tested on a fresh save.

Using on board graphics, in compatability mode. 

im still getting the black screen on load =( 

is it just me?

Nah its not just you. Often when I load up the game I will see the main menu for a short time, and then a black screen with the music still playing. If that doesn't happen the game freezes whenever I input a save file name or click an option in settings. Either way I'm not getting into games anymore since these recent Steam builds. :/

The new zoom function is great , but i found 2 problems considering it :

1. If you zoom in the status bar for crafting etc. is on the wrong place

2. If you zoom out as far as possible , you can see loading the area , which results in highlighted edges

And once again the progress of this kinda little update is sooooo great :D

Sorry, quick question... how do I know if the latest bugfix update was applied? Since it's tiny, I assume I may have missed Steam auto-downloading/patching... is there a quick/easy way to check? A changed file date, perhaps?

It didn't get updated for me either. You can check by having mousewheel zoom or not.

Sorry, quick question... how do I know if the latest bugfix update was applied? Since it's tiny, I assume I may have missed Steam auto-downloading/patching... is there a quick/easy way to check? A changed file date, perhaps?

It didn't get updated for me either. You can check by having mousewheel zoom or not.

Mousewheel zoom? Nope, I don't seem to have that (need to use + and - as before)... :(

Is there any way to force the update? Quitting and restarting Steam (my old foe!) doesn't seem to trigger it, nor did doing that "verify integrity" thing either.

Mousewheel zoom? Nope, I don't seem to have that (need to use + and - as before)... :(

Is there any way to force the update? Quitting and restarting Steam (my old foe!) doesn't seem to trigger it, nor did doing that "verify integrity" thing either.

I think the developers pulled the update back for some reason.

I think the developers pulled the update back for some reason.

That would explain it (and preferable if the update is causing some sort of new problem).

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I'm presuming the posters below me got the update before I attempted it?!

Darkness is fixed, now my save loads with proper lighting. Mouse zoom seems to work too. Will test more thoroughly later.

Edit: Played 2 minutes and the game froze like in the first steam build (task not responding). I was just walking down the street :/

EDIT: I'm presuming the posters below me got the update before I attempted it?!

Erm... in fact no, I didn't. Yesterday unchecked the beta from Steam to have a bit more stable version. Today, after reading your post, I reselected Beta, Steam downloaded the small bits, and here I am.

I loaded my game The darkness is gone, i can farm everything is great. Im safe as a bug in a rug so i start planting my crops. i take 2 steps to grab some water and all of a sudden a horde runs though the fence and eats my face. Here is a pic of my fort.

t7ex.png

All walls where intact no way a zombie could get though and well over 100 just walked though the walls. I did barricade the walls( Level 5 with 4 boards each) after this pic was taken. So i dont know what to say. Just before this 3 zombies had spawned inside the wall.

Newest build 17 9/11/13

Java 7.25

windows 7 64bit