Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

I really enjoy the game but this recent update has me questioning it. The only thing I am not enjoying now is the combat I miss being able to charge up attacks to knock down the quick zombies. I want to know if there is going to be an option to turn this back on in the next update or whether I just need to get used to the new system. 

You can charge up attacks. You're doing it the entire time you're holding right mouse button. Combat will continue to be tweaked as needed and yes we will put the other control scheme back in as an option soon.

the only prob i have with the new fighting system is if i try to right click things like a bed or refrigerator i cant because my dude gets ready to swing its kinda annoying but not at all game breaking

also i noticed that im unable to reload the pistol i haven't tried the shot gun yet

Edited by Cl0nec0mmand0

I really enjoy the game but this recent update has me questioning it. The only thing I am not enjoying now is the combat I miss being able to charge up attacks to knock down the quick zombies. I want to know if there is going to be an option to turn this back on in the next update or whether I just need to get used to the new system. 

You can charge up attacks. You're doing it the entire time you're holding right mouse button. Combat will continue to be tweaked as needed and yes we will put the other control scheme back in as an option soon.

the only prob i have with the new fighting system is if i try to right click things like a bed or refrigerator i cant because my dude gets ready to swing its kinda annoying but not at all game breaking

also i noticed that im unable to reload the pistol i haven't tried the shot gun yet

Yep , cant reload, but now problem, infinite ammo ^^

My gun shoot like a uzi xD

Yep , cant reload, but now problem, infinite ammo ^^

My gun shoot like a uzi xD

my gun doesn't shoot at all :/

thanks

But  no, never had !

ISnt fun with endless ammo

Is this 1) a fresh save and 2) did you try cleaning out the data that is under username/Zomboid (I think that's where it is).

I can't remember how much the ReloadManager uses modData, but if it does and that somehow got corrupted - maybe possibly in theory could cause this.  Although odd it would occur across weapons and saves.

I think if you have a crowbar in your inventory you should be able to pry windows open again, would make sense and finally give it a use.

I think if you have a crowbar in your inventory you should be able to pry windows open again, would make sense and finally give it a use.

Same should go for doors too but should just take a lot longer.

Please don't double post. This is more appropriate for the Suggestions section of the forum, as well.

thanks

But  no, never had !

ISnt fun with endless ammo

Is this 1) a fresh save and 2) did you try cleaning out the data that is under username/Zomboid (I think that's where it is).

I can't remember how much the ReloadManager uses modData, but if it does and that somehow got corrupted - maybe possibly in theory could cause this.  Although odd it would occur across weapons and saves.

Yes new Save and i erased the complete Zomboid folder. 

I dont understand whats wrong with my game.

I reisntalled also JAVA.

I never use´d a mod for this game.

Hey I'm having bit of an issue with farming. I have tomato plants that say are ready to harvest in their info panel but I can't find out how to actually harvest them. When I right click them there is nothing and I don't see any tomato when I try to loot. Do I need a certain item or something? Help pls. 

Loving having the zoom function back! It's a bit fuzzy right now on some zoom levels, but I'm sure that's a WIP. I just appreciate it being back in the game and fully playable! Thanks!

Zooming in really helps with immersion and makes combat/searching feel more exciting. That's what I missed. But I didn't think how useful zooming right OUT would be until now, especially since we have no map. It makes locating myself amid confusing surroundings much easier, I find!

Not sure if I missed it, but is there a way to quickly snap back to the game's "default" zoom after zooming in and out? If not, it'd be great to have a simple key toggle for "default zoom level" (personally, I'd map it to the mouse wheel click, but any key would do).

EDIT: I'm assuming it's known, but the + and - keys don't zoom despite what the options menu says (just the mousewheel, which is better anyway).

Omg, Infinite ammo, me too!, bloody bastards, time to REVENGE!!! hahahaha

No mods or others but I can shoot Pistol/shotguns forever (till they broke I guess), just saying! :D

Ps: Thx for steam keys, you guys are really cool.

Exactly thats it what i mean with infinite AMMO !

And shoots bullets like UZI :D

that bothers me extremely, and is also the reason why I do not play it for the time

Mostly due to infinite ammo bug or using mods, mate.

I'm going to go play it with no bugs or mods and if I come back here having killed any more than 50 zombies in one go I'm going to be upset with you.  I recall someone saying that the new combat system made them feel like "rambo".  That sounds OP to me.

I actually managed to kill about 90 in my last play through, but I was careful as hell and got verrrry lucky with what melee weapons I found.

There are some bugs in combat right now, I'll grant you that. You're getting extra swings of melee weapons if you hold down LMB and guns fire like automatics. I'm just saying that the pics of people who have killed 1,200 zombies are probably exploiting or using mods =P

Yeah, the "hold-LMB-when-they're-down" is effective, albeit a bit easy. Just got more than 200 kills on 8 days, and without cheating or mods ; I fought THREE different hordes, and I could continue, but was getting bored, as the hordes were just getting bigger...

I'll have to retry, but it seems the bug which cause mega-hordes to spawn next to your sleeping place is still there.

I actually managed to kill about 90 in my last play through, but I was careful as hell and got verrrry lucky with what melee weapons I found.

There are some bugs in combat right now, I'll grant you that. You're getting extra swings of melee weapons if you hold down LMB and guns fire like automatics. I'm just saying that the pics of people who have killed 1,200 zombies are probably exploiting or using mods =P

Still have an old x.9.10 save that is on 2500ish zed kills lol. Some days you just need to go out with a shotgun and 50 shells and clean up the streets. That save is on day 40-50ish I think.