Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Wood sheets eh? Wonder what that's about...*loads up server*...

Uhh.... I meant that there's two recipes for wooden block and one makes wooden beams. It's a dupe label.

Weird. Hydro - this was something added recently? You have any other mods running alongside Hydrocraft?

I have the professionals mod running alongside the hydrocraft mod.

Hi guys !

I wonder if it's possible to add the French translation to a futur build when i finished it ?

This would help some french people, like me XD

Thanks.

If you're willing to assist with translation - I'm sure he won't mind! :)

Bugs:

• Filling an IBC from a Lake or other game-generated water source results in the IBC going from 15 to 40 weight and Tainted Water. HOWEVER: filling an IBC with purified water from sources (e.g. Fish Tank/Kettle/Pot etc) results in the IBC getting LIGHTER by going from 15 to 12 weight.
  • Seeing this error in Server Loading Log @ 22 Sept 2015: "ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCGlasstesttubebunghole" in recipe "Remove Rubber Bung with Hole from Test Tube"
  • Please see attached screenshot for Zomboid crash text in log when opening Cooking Recipe window mid-game. Opened Cooking Menu after about 2 hours in-game and got that error in the Log window. Couldn't highlight text so took screenshot. post-23915-0-68394500-1442983756_thumb.p
  • Typo in all 'Tredmill' recipes? Isn't it supposed to be 'Treadmill?'
  • Pot Of Rice Pudding recipe doesn't have Rice as an ingredient? Pot of Water, Sugar, Milk? Working as intended?

Questions:

• Are the Scavenge Shroud or Blacksmith Apron used in any other recipes? Because the SS is a pretty mediocre item that gives 2.0 Warmth for all it needs to craft, including the needle and thread and the BA is rather expensive to make right off, seeing the cost of the Wax to Harden the leather? I mean there's clothing you can get from Zeds that are warmer/cooler than the SS and you can even simply take your shirt/top off to cool down if that's the case. :(
  • Making Marinade (Basic or Tasty) gives no exp. Working as intended since there's other ways to gain cooking exp?
  • In the aspects of longevity/respawns concerning the Small Bag/Large Box of Trash - do we have to set these to respawn since the junk yards require refilling with them quite often? Or is there a plan to craft them later on? Because it's kinda weird finding a single Tincan in a Small Junkyard and then nothing else afterwards because it emptied itself out after one try.
  • Can we get Wooden Buckets added to the 'Fill Bucket With Tar' recipe in future please? Seeing that Blue Buckets are rare sometimes? Pretty please? :D
  • Any plans for adding the Grindstone to other small recipes like 'Make Bone Powder' in future? I think once you get a Grindstone, it pretty much renders the Mortar and Pestle obsolete at this point.
  • Are Limes going to get the Potted Plant treatment as well coming up?
Edited by evankimori

• Any plans for adding the Grindstone to other small recipes like 'Make Bone Powder' in future? I think once you get a Grindstone, it pretty much renders the Mortar and Pestle obsolete at this point.

I'm not sure about this one, personally. Ignoring the health aspects of grinding bones to powder (bone dust really isn't a good thing to get in your lungs) grindstones are normally used for sharpening blades, where the object being ground is what's important. Grindstones don't tend to have capture traps of any kind to catch the residue being ground off the object - you could grind a bone down using a grindstone, but the result is going to be bone dust everywhere, whereas a mortar and pestle generally results in a mortar with powdered bone in it.

If you want a large grinding aparatus that's intended to capture what's being ground down in a useful particulate form, you're actually looking for something like millstones, or maybe a large quern (sp?). A grindstone doesn't care where the powder debris is going.

I'm not sure about this one, personally. Ignoring the health aspects of grinding bones to powder (bone dust really isn't a good thing to get in your lungs) grindstones are normally used for sharpening blades, where the object being ground is what's important. Grindstones don't tend to have capture traps of any kind to catch the residue being ground off the object - you could grind a bone down using a grindstone, but the result is going to be bone dust everywhere, whereas a mortar and pestle generally results in a mortar with powdered bone in it.

If you want a large grinding aparatus that's intended to capture what's being ground down in a useful particulate form, you're actually looking for something like millstones, or maybe a large quern (sp?). A grindstone doesn't care where the powder debris is going.

See, this is why I like this forum. Discussion. Intelligent discussion. :D

Then again...we are on a mission of incompetence here!

I'll add all my questions to previous post. No sense taking up space with more.

Which recipes are you using limes in at the moment? I like slicing/drying them, as they don't need any lemon juice, but I haven't found much else to do with them yet.

Eating em. Duh.

Have to eat something to keep my anger and bitterness at the zombie world afloat.

I have a bug report and a question.

Bug: the peanut butter and jelly, and the jelly sandwiches do not return a jar from the jam that gets used.

Question: Is there a way to refill the IBC tower without having to pick it up?

Thanks!

P.S.  Can I just throw in another vote for making salt renewable? 'Cause that would be awesome!

Good to see you're still chipping away at this, Hydro. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

For some reason I keep making wooden beams when I try to make wooden blocks. Bug?

Edit - Ah! Found out why that was.

s9BpAwi.jpg

Already fixed for next release.

They have no use yet but wood beams will.

Uhh.... I meant that there's two recipes for wooden block and one makes wooden beams. It's a dupe label.

Weird. Hydro - this was something added recently? You have any other mods running alongside Hydrocraft?

Yes and it will be fixed for next release. Sorry guys.

Hi guys !

I wonder if it's possible to add the French translation to a futur build when i finished it ?

Thanks.

Was there anything changed compared to the one we have? it looked the same when I looked at yours.

made a quick video of our base ^.^ shows what i mean about the rabbit hutch 

Amazing base man! That is so awesome!

Maybe it should rename it. Its more like a millstone and a grindstone.

Any chance of crafting camp stoves that we can fuel with propane? 

I have been avoiding cooking devices like ovens and stoves until I can make them properly as placable objects.

anyone has a spanish translation of this mod? thanks!!

I will add it someone makes one.

Hi! If you want, I can translate your mod in German. :)

That would be wonderful. You make it and I will add it. Look to the other translations liek the French one as a template.

I have a bug report and a question.

Bug: the peanut butter and jelly, and the jelly sandwiches do not return a jar from the jam that gets used.

Question: Is there a way to refill the IBC tower without having to pick it up?

Thanks!

P.S.  Can I just throw in another vote for making salt renewable? 'Cause that would be awesome!

Weird I will have to look into the jar problem.

No sorry its like a big water bottle so you have the lift it since it uses that refilling code.

Hi guys !

Thanks.

If you're willing to assist with translation - I'm sure he won't mind! :)

Bugs:

• Filling an IBC from a Lake or other game-generated water source results in the IBC going from 15 to 40 weight and Tainted Water. HOWEVER: filling an IBC with purified water from sources (e.g. Fish Tank/Kettle/Pot etc) results in the IBC getting LIGHTER by going from 15 to 12 weight.
  • Seeing this error in Server Loading Log @ 22 Sept 2015: "ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCGlasstesttubebunghole" in recipe "Remove Rubber Bung with Hole from Test Tube"
  • Please see attached screenshot for Zomboid crash text in log when opening Cooking Recipe window mid-game. Opened Cooking Menu after about 2 hours in-game and got that error in the Log window. Couldn't highlight text so took screenshot. attachicon.gifjava error 23 sept2015 zomboid.png
  • Typo in all 'Tredmill' recipes? Isn't it supposed to be 'Treadmill?'
  • Pot Of Rice Pudding recipe doesn't have Rice as an ingredient? Pot of Water, Sugar, Milk? Working as intended?

Questions:

• Are the Scavenge Shroud or Blacksmith Apron used in any other recipes? Because the SS is a pretty mediocre item that gives 2.0 Warmth for all it needs to craft, including the needle and thread and the BA is rather expensive to make right off, seeing the cost of the Wax to Harden the leather? I mean there's clothing you can get from Zeds that are warmer/cooler than the SS and you can even simply take your shirt/top off to cool down if that's the case. :(
  • Making Marinade (Basic or Tasty) gives no exp. Working as intended since there's other ways to gain cooking exp?
  • In the aspects of longevity/respawns concerning the Small Bag/Large Box of Trash - do we have to set these to respawn since the junk yards require refilling with them quite often? Or is there a plan to craft them later on? Because it's kinda weird finding a single Tincan in a Small Junkyard and then nothing else afterwards because it emptied itself out after one try.
  • Can we get Wooden Buckets added to the 'Fill Bucket With Tar' recipe in future please? Seeing that Blue Buckets are rare sometimes? Pretty please? :D

1. That is very strange for the water issue. I have no idea. You may want to tst for other containers. If it happens for base game items please report to TIS.

2. Probably a spelling error again.

3. Maybe my lua can figure out what that error means.

4. Yikes! Sorry I am king of typos.

5. LOL! Yeah it should have rice. Oh geeze! :rolleyes:

6. I thought I did. Hmm. I will have to add it.

7. Yeah.

8. Once we get art for them. There are a lot of potted plants we need art for.

Hydro, let me start with saying me and my group utterly loves your mod. <3 It has made our Project Zomboid sessions so much more enjoyable. So thank you!

Now, I've made my first mod myself yesterday, which makes it possible to build a lamp post that works on the power grid and generator, even in fully player made houses... (yes, it works perfect on multiplayer aswell as single player). Not gonna bore you with the coding talk behind it (unless you're into that kinda stuff :P). But, I figured I could help you out with adding actual builable game objects with functionality to your mod... if you're interested. I won't have a lot of time, so it'll be up to you what you'd like coded first. :)

Let me know <3

Here is a link to the mod, check it out, check the coding, and let me know <3

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16561-generator-powered-lamp-on-a-pole/

ps. to clearify, I'm not here for shameless promotion of the mod. that was a quick fun project I felt like sharing XD I really hope noone misunderstands my intentions here.

Hi guys !

Thanks.

Was there anything changed compared to the one we have? it looked the same when I looked at yours.

Yes, only the half of the mode has been translated in French.

It's missing some items and recipes.

I added over 700 lines Translation, and its not finished ...

Hi guys !

Thanks.

Yes, only the half of the mode has been translated in French.

It's missing some items and recipes.

I added over 700 lines Translation, and its not finished ...

I'm too busy with translating the actual game into French, but I swear I'll proofread your translations when you think it's time.

It was recommended to me to post a bug report, so my issue is with the dogs Labrador as I can't attach bags to it, I was informed I should be able to.

oJGgsub.jpg

Also, had questions regarding sheet metal, I can't seem to get anything like a microwave for example from the small junkyard to get sheet metal. I'm attempting to make a steam machine to try to make it, but I don't see any recipes for sheet metal in any of the crafting menus (I read the book that allows me to build a steam machine, steam hammer, craft sheet metal)

Which recipes are you using limes in at the moment? I like slicing/drying them, as they don't need any lemon juice, but I haven't found much else to do with them yet.
Eating em. Duh.

Have to eat something to keep my anger and bitterness at the zombie world afloat.

If the apocalypse gives you limes, make mojitos.