Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

If Hydro use the same function you can scavange the large Junk on the large Junkyard (need a Magnet). You must first build a small, fill it then upgrade to medium, fill it upgrade to large, fill it then search with the magnet.

Large Sheet of Metal from Steamhammer or Welding Torch (need 2 Shet Metal and a Weldingset)... this is how it works in Breaking Dead. Must first take a look an Hydros Recipes to see if it work in the same.

It can be that you need a book to learn this.

Hello ! 

Started to play with hydrocraft and see the recipes guide...AMAZING :eek:  !

I just got two question about this mod :

-When use charcoal to make ingot, tools (with kiln etc...) etc... Do its uses one units of the bag of charcoal or it use the whole bag ?

-I found in a crate a large junk box...Can we open it and find some items ? Or it's just an decoration item, or can we use it for craft something  ?

Cheers,

Might sound stupid, but where can i find straw? I saw there's unpack bale of straw option under farming recipes, tried to use it near some bales, but nothing..
Also, to find animals i need their poop.. How can i get it without having any animals?

If Hydro use the same function you can scavange the large Junk on the large Junkyard (need a Magnet). You must first build a small, fill it then upgrade to medium, fill it upgrade to large, fill it then search with the magnet.

Large Sheet of Metal from Steamhammer or Welding Torch (need 2 Shet Metal and a Weldingset)... this is how it works in Breaking Dead. Must first take a look an Hydros Recipes to see if it work in the same.

It can be that you need a book to learn this.

My main problem is that i cant find "normal" metal sheets to make the large sheet of metal

Might sound stupid, but where can i find straw? I saw there's unpack bale of straw option under farming recipes, tried to use it near some bales, but nothing..

Also, to find animals i need their poop.. How can i get it without having any animals?

u can find straw by searching for food near woods or wild areas. right click on the ground and search food (in german "nach Nahrung suchen")

Think I found a few small bugs.

When crafting the water pump it left the water tower. Meaning I now have a water pump and a water tower.

After smelting garden hoses, when picking up the ingots, they seem to disappear. It felt a lot like the sync issue, like with dried foods and such, so I re-logged. Sure enough the garden hoses where all back, but if I smelt them again the problem persists. Therefore vicious cycle of wasted ingot molds. :P Shoes seem to smelt up fine and I can pick up those rubber ingots so I don't think the problem is with the ingots but the garden hoses themselves if that helps. I am not sure if it happens in solo yet but I will check later.

Just wanna help anyway I can. Wish I could do more. Absolutely love this mod. I really don't think I could play PZ without it anymore. You Hydro are a God among men.

Is that too much? It kinda feels like too much... sorry, I made it all weird. We're having a nice moment and I go off making everyone uncomfortable. You're cool man. You're really cool. Thanks for the awesome mod dude.

You need to forage to get both straw and poops.

Hmmm take a quick look and see that there was no recipe to craft Sheet Metal. Hmm there was a ricipe in the Industrial Book for crafing Sheet Metal but i cant find the Recipe in the Scripts.

A try to get the large Junkyard so you have a large amount of Items you can dismantle wich gives you more mats to craft.

yeah but i can only dismantle calculators and stuff like that

thats the second problem: how do i dismantle a fridge or a microwave?

recipe Dismantle Bicycle

{

HCJunkbicycle,

keep Screwdriver,

keep HCPliers,              

Result:Pipe=4,

OnCreate:hcgetdynamo,

NeedToBeLearn:true,              

Time:500.0,

Category:Engineer,

}

recipe Dismantle Fridge

{   

HCJunkfridge,

keep Screwdriver,

keep HCJunkyardlargefull,           

Result:SheetMetal=2,

OnCreate:hcgetscrap,              

Time:300.0,

Category:Electrical,

OnGiveXP:DismantleElectronics_OnGiveXP,

}

recipe Dismantle TV

{   

keep Screwdriver,

HCJunktv,           

Result:Remote,

}

recipe Dismantle Washing Machine

{   

keep Screwdriver,

HCJunkwash,           

}

recipe Dismantle Microwave

{

HCJunkmicro,

keep Screwdriver,

Result:HCMag,

Time:60.0,

OnCreate:hcdismantlemicro,

}

recipe Dismantle Tredmill

{

HCJunktremill,

keep Screwdriver,

keep HCPliers,

Result:HCSteelpipe=2,

}

Hello ! 

-When use charcoal to make ingot, tools (with kiln etc...) etc... Do its uses one units of the bag of charcoal or it use the whole bag ?

-I found in a crate a large junk box...Can we open it and find some items ? Or it's just an decoration item, or can we use it for craft something  ?

Cheers,

Anyone can answer it please ?

Im a little lost about the new items added so...

So i know you use not the entire Charcoal. Just a part of it. And no currentlyx you can the large junk only use to fill the Junkyard.

So when i made the Yard for BD the main Idea was to spend much of mats and time in build and upgrading but then you have one Large Yard you will have a good source for Metalmats like Pipes or Sheet Metal. So the good stuff drops only in the large Yard ... in the small drops only crap.

Dont know if Hydro have taken this completly or make it better or somthing else.

Try the Metalsearch Function with the Detector. I am sure there will be a lot of usefull drops. Reload Batterys at the Steam Power Plant so you can search an endless time.

Thank for your answer  :-D

Its reassuring me because I thought it was necessary to have one bag each time.

I wanted to report also, that i found in my local game a missing texture icon for the item called "Booo" (not a joke)that i found that in a bedroom, the item icon was a "?" :shock: . I play at build 32.27.

Note that we MAY still have some issues with the Charcoal consumption bug at this time. So for best results with Charcoal when crafting: please make sure the bag is either in you inventory or a container nearby and not on the floor "under" the building crafting table.

The reason for this is that we had an old bug where 1 Unit of Charcoal would remain in the bags and the "empty bags" would stay as active items, not be consumed but still weigh the same amount.

Just a heads up. I stand corrected if this bug has been fixed! :D

Hmmm take a quick look and see that there was no recipe to craft Sheet Metal. Hmm there was a ricipe in the Industrial Book for crafing Sheet Metal but i cant find the Recipe in the Scripts.

A try to get the large Junkyard so you have a large amount of Items you can dismantle wich gives you more mats to craft.

yeah but i can only dismantle calculators and stuff like that

thats the second problem: how do i dismantle a fridge or a microwave?

recipe Dismantle Bicycle
    {
        HCJunkbicycle,
                keep Screwdriver,
                keep HCPliers,              
        Result:Pipe=4,
                OnCreate:hcgetdynamo,
        Time:500.0,
                Category:Engineer,
    }

recipe Dismantle Fridge
    {   
                HCJunkfridge,
                keep Screwdriver,
    }

recipe Dismantle TV
    {   
                keep Screwdriver,
                HCJunktv,           
        Result:Remote,
    }
recipe Dismantle Washing Machine
    {   
                keep Screwdriver,
                HCJunkwash,           
    }
recipe Dismantle Microwave
        {
                HCJunkmicro,
                keep Screwdriver,
                Result:HCMag,
                Time:60.0,
                OnCreate:hcdismantlemicro,
        }

recipe Dismantle Tredmill
        {
                HCJunktremill,
                keep Screwdriver,
                keep HCPliers,
                Result:HCSteelpipe=2,
        }

The short version of this dual-explanation of this Dismantle question seems to be that you have to be AT the Junkyard with the Screwdriver and the dismantle-able item. Not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Hello ! 

Cheers,

Thanks!

1. it uses the units from the charcoal not the whole bag.

2. You need a junkyard to "open" the items.

You forage for straw. Same goes for animal poop.

Think I found a few small bugs.

When crafting the water pump it left the water tower. Meaning I now have a water pump and a water tower.

After smelting garden hoses, when picking up the ingots, they seem to disappear. It felt a lot like the sync issue, like with dried foods and such, so I re-logged. Sure enough the garden hoses where all back, but if I smelt them again the problem persists. Therefore vicious cycle of wasted ingot molds. :P Shoes seem to smelt up fine and I can pick up those rubber ingots so I don't think the problem is with the ingots but the garden hoses themselves if that helps. I am not sure if it happens in solo yet but I will check later.

Just wanna help anyway I can. Wish I could do more. Absolutely love this mod. I really don't think I could play PZ without it anymore. You Hydro are a God among men.

Is that too much? It kinda feels like too much... sorry, I made it all weird. We're having a nice moment and I go off making everyone uncomfortable. You're cool man. You're really cool. Thanks for the awesome mod dude

1. Ah I will check that out. It should use up the water tower, well and windmill.

2. If it is picking up off the ground that is a base game issue. If it is an output of a recipe than its a mod issue.

3. Your feedback and reporting of bugs is key to keeping the mod great. I cannot test everything so player feedback is important. So thank you.

4. Naw, that kind of love and praise is what keeps me modding and makes me want to make the mod even better! So thank you!

Thank for your answer  :-D

Its reassuring me because I thought it was necessary to have one bag each time.

I wanted to report also, that i found in my local game a missing texture icon for the item called "Booo" (not a joke)that i found that in a bedroom, the item icon was a "?" :shock: . I play at build 32.27.

Blooo objects are not good. I wish I knew what item it was. :(

Bugs found today - 13th Sept 2015

1. - Clothes Line With Clothes drying Wet Bath Towels duplicates the Towels instead of drying and consuming the Wet ones. Assembled line, added clothes, used right-click AND crafting menu option to dry towels and ended up with 4 MORE dry towels instead of consuming the wet ones. Screenshots needed?
  2. - Having added Lighter Fluid, when Lighters are depleted (e.g. via use of the Kiln), no empty lighter container refillable with fluid is left behind. Lighter fluid apparently has to be added BEFORE the lighter is depleted fully. Working as intended?

Questions:

1. There's 2 Recipes for Dry Some Tomato Slices. One uses Tomato, Salt, Kitchen Knife and BakingTray and the other uses Baking Tray, Salt and 4 x Sliced Tomatoes. Do those two recipes give the same result? Because if that's the case, there's no point in slicing the Tomatoes if it is you need Salt as an extra consumable and the recipe seems a little...pointless especially since the other Drying recipes require Lemon Juice or no secondary ingredient in some cases. Is this intentional?
  2. Does the Shower with the added sink have an explicit purpose yet or is it decorative for now? Because it looks pretty dang snazzy!

B1. That is extremely weird since I have this i the code ...

recipe Dry Towel    {    	destroy BathTowelWet,    	keep HCClothespin=2,    	keep HCClotheslinefull2,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    	Result:BathTowel,    	Time:1000,    	Category:Weaving,    }

The destroy part should mean that the Wet Bath Towel is destroyed.

B2. You should need to refill the empty lighter not the one with stuff in it ...

recipe Refuel Lighter      {       HCLighterfluid,       HCLighterempty,       Result:Lighter,    Time:30.0,        Category:Engineer,      }

I also redid the base lighter ...

item Lighter	{		LightDistance		=	2,		Weight			=	0.1,		Type			=	Drainable,		UseWhileEquipped	=	FALSE,		TorchCone		=	FALSE,		LightStrength		=	0.4,		DisplayName		=	Lighter,		ActivatedItem		=	TRUE,		Icon			=	Lighter,		ReplaceOnDeplete	=	HCLighterempty,	}

The ReplaceOnDeplete should give the empty Hydrocraft lighter.

Q1. They should. Slicing helps you get more cooking points. Also if you have a extra sliced tomatoes from making other recipes it's useful.

Q2. Decorative + Water Container. No use other than that so far.

B1. That is extremely weird since I have this i the code ...

recipe Dry Towel    {    	destroy BathTowelWet,    	keep HCClothespin=2,    	keep HCClotheslinefull2,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    	Result:BathTowel,    	Time:1000,    	Category:Weaving,    }

I'm using the Double Clothes Line with Clothes currently attempting it if that's any help. Not the single one.

I tried it with the items (Clothespins AND Wet Towels in Inventory and it WORKS...)

When I try it when the Wet Towel is on the floor and NONE of the items are in my inventory...Nothing. It doesn't consume the Wet one from the floor.

B2. You should need to refill the empty lighter not the one with stuff in it ...

recipe Refuel Lighter      {       HCLighterfluid,       HCLighterempty,       Result:Lighter,    Time:30.0,        Category:Engineer,      }

I also redid the base lighter ...

item Lighter	{		LightDistance		=	2,		Weight			=	0.1,		Type			=	Drainable,		UseWhileEquipped	=	FALSE,		TorchCone		=	FALSE,		LightStrength		=	0.4,		DisplayName		=	Lighter,		ActivatedItem		=	TRUE,		Icon			=	Lighter,		ReplaceOnDeplete	=	HCLighterempty,	}

The ReplaceOnDeplete should give the empty Hydrocraft lighter.

Well the lighter is being completely depleted because I'm using it during crafting anything using the Kiln (E.g. just made bricks. No Empty Lighter regained.)

Perhaps that has something to do with it in terms of the crafting recipes that use the lighter as part of their ingredients?

Have the server up and running ATM if you'd like me to test anything.

EDIT:

Apparently we're having some cases of disappearing PIE!

Crafted a Peach Pie from the Pie crust and the Canned Peaches, put it to cook on the stove and was watching the Cooking Progress bar. Pie completed...and then vanished. Ingredients and pan too.

Server window gives this error: "ItemContainer.Additem: can't find HCPiepeachbaked"

WE GOT GHOSTS HYDRO! THEY STEALING OUR PIES!

Edited by evankimori

EDIT:

Crafted a Peach Pie from the Pie crust and the Canned Peaches, put it to cook on the stove and was watching the Cooking Progress bar. Pie completed...and then vanished. Ingredients and pan too.

Server window gives this error: "ItemContainer.Additem: can't find HCPiepeachbaked"

I figured out what was wrong with the pies. Thanks for reporting!

EDIT:

I figured out what was wrong with the pies. Thanks for reporting!

Thanks! Hopefully this is the full extent of it tho. We'll see if it pops up again.

Bug Submission #4

1 - Added one more bug: trying to fill Bowls with Rice from "Cooked Pot Of White Rice" that has the status "Starting to rot" results in the pot AND rice being consumed when activated and the bowls not being filled. Not server log text sadly. :(

Pot and Rice disappears. No full bowls. No return of ingredients at all.

Tested it with spawning items in via server CMD prompt and it works once the Food Item is FRESH. Once it has the text "Starting to rot" - it bugs out. :(

2 - Just a heads-up! Ingot Mold and Charcoal bug still exists where if it's used from the floor where the Smelter is located, the Ingot Mold is depleted but DOES NOT vanish.

Molds AND Charcoal NEED to be used from character's inventory if they are to be used fully and depleted to be removed from inventory.

Depleted item remains in inventory with bug and still has "undepleted" weight size.

Only way currently to dispose of "depleted" items is to craft 1 x new Mold and craft something that requires same mold to use up and delete bugged items OR via corpse disposal. (e.g craft 1 x Ingot Mold (new) and then use a 'Recycle/Smelt' option to burn-up the previous bugged ones.)

Edited by evankimori

1. I will look into the rice thing.

2. Yeah not much I can do about the charcoal thing other than don't drop it on the floor and if you want to get rid of the item put it in a zed and then harvest the bones. You should probably report in the official bug thread that "drainables" in recipes that can be done from the floor are doing this.