Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Yes, but the shower might have future uses.

Well I've tried filling em with Pots, Kettles and Fish Tanks. No dice. :(

Here is the code ...

item HCShower    {        Weight    		= 10,	CanStoreWater		= TRUE,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Empty Makeshift Shower,        icon 			= HCShower,        ReplaceOnUseOn 		= WaterSource-HCShowerfull,	ResizeWorldIcon 	= FALSE,    }item HCShowerfull    {	IsWaterSource		= TRUE,        Weight    		= 14,	CanStoreWater		= TRUE,	Type			= Drainable,	UseDelta		= 0.003,        DisplayName         	= Makeshift Shower,	UseWhileEquipped	= FALSE,	UseDelta		= 0.25,	ReplaceOnDeplete	= HCShower,        icon 			= HCShowerfull,	ResizeWorldIcon 	= FALSE,    }item HCShowersink    {        Weight    		= 15,	CanStoreWater		= TRUE,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Empty Makeshift Shower and Sink,        icon 			= HCShowersink,        ReplaceOnUseOn 		= WaterSource-HCShowersinkfull,	ResizeWorldIcon 	= FALSE,    }item HCShowersinkfull    {	IsWaterSource		= TRUE,        Weight    		= 20,	CanStoreWater		= TRUE,        Type    		= Drainable,        DisplayName         	= Makeshift Shower and Sink,	UseWhileEquipped	= FALSE,	UseDelta		= 0.125,	ReplaceOnDeplete	= HCShowersink,        icon 			= HCShowersinkfull,	ResizeWorldIcon 	= FALSE,    }

I love your mod, had to register to let you know. I run a server using it and we are having a blast. A few things i noticed/would like to suggest...

- Baking tray and honey vanish after cooking and removing from campfire, same with tomato sauce.

- Weight Bench: duplicates towels (after a hefty workout we have enough wet towels to equip an army of locker-room warriors).

- Feeding Rabbits: turns them into poop (rabbit consumption intended?)

- Water Pump: does this do anything?

-Punching Bag With Stand: not functional yet?

-Traps: I may be doing something wrong but i have never caught anything in a trap no matter what bait i use.

-Meth: are all the required items included to make this? having trouble finding blue barrels, ephedrine and amonia.

-Hemp Seed: can not find it, is this a level ten foraging item?

-Padlock: what is this for? was really hoping we could lock base doors with them.

-Thread: Would be great if we could craft this from something other than floss, or be able to use silk/linen thread for making fur coats.

-Trashcan: Would it be possible to add an item to delete garbage and rotten food? our trash heap is getting out of hand.. that's how you get ants.

-Brick Pavers: Would be great to be able to make brick floors and walls, though that may not be easy to implement.

Anyway, love your work *tips hat*

I love your mod, had to register to let you know. I run a server using it and we are having a blast. A few things i noticed/would like to suggest...

-Trashcan: Would it be possible to add an item to delete garbage and rotten food? our trash heap is getting out of hand.. that's how you get ants.

If I remember correctly, you can fill wooden buckets/blue buckets with water at a Water Pump. Drinkable water, too...

Have you tried composting your rubbish using a composting bin? Most foodstuffs will compost, and ten units of compost plus an empty sandbag gets you a bag of fertilizer. There are some foodstuffs that won't compost - jars of salsa, slices of pie and cake, sour cream, a few other bits and pieces - and to get rid of those for good, store them in a zombie corpse, pick up the corpse using "Grab Corpse" and then harvest the bones from it.

- Feeding Rabbits turns them into poop

Omg, Well thank you for successfully making me shoot my mtn dew out my nose lmfao. Well I shall answer your questions to the best of my ability using a handy numbered list. 

1. ah cooking bugs, I find a lot of them on occasion that eat frying pans and other cookware. Hydro should have it fixed in 3.9 so thanks for reporting!

2. Another good bug find, *thumbs up*

3. same as above lol

4. yes sir, it serves as an infinite source of water, that's why its so insanely hard to build everything, but oh so worth it :)

5. Good question! I haven't made mine just yet so i'm not sure myself! (Does the exercise equipment train strength/fitness?)

6. the traps are from the base game, I've never even used one to be honest (plan on it though in my current play through) but Im pretty sure you need to put them in a forest far away from houses/roads, that is a guess though :\

7. Blue barrels are found by finding small bags of trash, and large box of trash items in trash cans/ dumpsters ect. then you must make a junkyard and fill it with the small/large trash items you found and then search it for items. I have yet to do this myself but I'm pretty sure that's how the junkyard works.

8. I believe its a level 5 foraging item! I've found them at level 5 at the least.

9. There used to lock up your crates! and as long as you keep the key on your key ring it will automatically unlock it for you, very handy for multiplayer, but they can still be busted into using a crowbar! this is a base game item also.

10. That's a good idea, I've thought the same, but i think once we get the art for planting cotton finished up i have a feeling you'll be able to use cotton on the spinning wheel to make thread! at least that's my idea :P, (Note to myself: Make the cotton art TONIGHT! :P)

11.hmm, IDEA! Hey hydro, maybe you could use that Shredder Cyrrent made up to be used to shred up un-compostable items as a way to delete them maybe? or it could shred it into some kind of generic "shredded scrap" item that can be burned to get rid of? Just throwing some ideas your way ;P

12. lmao, I was out smoking a cig like 15 mins ago and I had thought of this! could also use the stones+concrete to make cobblestone paths/ cobblestone walls! it would be kinda a pain to code, but i know it can be done!

Well I hope I have helped a bit, least I could do for the person who turned rabbits into poop hahaha.

so there was this advandced building mod i use and who works good together with Hydro. With this mod you can build a functional fridge and some walls from Bricks and Concrete.

I dont look to Hydros Scripts and Luas but in BD i "hide" the Blue Barrels (empty) mostly in Garages and Sheds and the Chemicals in the storage Units. You dont need ammonia to make Meth. Ammonia must be made from fertilizer (used a empty barrel and water). If you have searched all storage units and there are no chemicals there was the way with the junkyard or search for Metal ... thats the way it works in Breaking Dead. How i said i dont look at Hydros Scripts and Luas. But i dont remember where you can find Metylamin ...

Hmmm nahhh i think this Shredder has no good texture. I will make a better ... looking more "in place".

Ah buckets for the water pump! and zombie harvest trash disposal.. nice, thanks guys. 

Edit: yes the weight bench increases strength by 10 points but i stopped before my base was enveloped in wet towels heh

Don't underestimate the importance of composting food - when you get up to level 10 in Farming and can make potted plants, you'll want all the fertilizer you can get your hands on.

Although it's also a good idea to keep one of every kind of fruit/vegetable you can find (rotten or not) so that you've got something to start a pot plant with. Especially lemons. Lemons are gold.

For all the tools/items/animals disappearing bugs - have you folks tried logging out and logging back in and checking nearby containers or floor?

Because when I reported the "Potato" bug a few days ago, I realized logging out then back in solved the Pot of Mash issue but not the others.

Remember to check your log windows as well and copy and paste the error text as well if you can. That will help the debug process immensely.

Although it's also a good idea to keep one of every kind of fruit/vegetable you can find (rotten or not) so that you've got something to start a pot plant with. Especially lemons. Lemons are gold.

Ohhhhhhh you don't even KNOW how true that is homie...my god. I've stopped even picking up fruits and veggies unless starving. I'll pass back through the stores for those when my Farming is levelled up enough to make Potted Plants.

On he other hand...empty out all those containers with Remoulade etc. Empty bottles for juicing would make for handy usage. :D

Edited by evankimori

I have a large 5 story base on stilts at the house on the lake, food and water is not a problem for me but my lovely housemate loves to farm. Imagine her horror when she fed her freshly grown carrots to the bunnies i bred for her and they turned into poop. The hutch is perhaps producing too many rabbits.. 10 hay produces 90 rabbits heh.

I need help with something. I'm currently renting a server through citadelservers and i'm trying to add this mod the server. i added the mod to the server mod folder, to the game folder, and also to the steamapps PZ mods folder. no matter what i do, the commandline on the server still shows up as "MOD: required mod "Hydrocraft" not found".

I've tried looking up tutorials on how to fix this but everyone is old and dates as far back as early 2014. Can somebody help me fix this issue?

I need help with something. I'm currently renting a server through citadelservers and i'm trying to add this mod the server. i added the mod to the server mod folder, to the game folder, and also to the steamapps PZ mods folder. no matter what i do, the commandline on the server still shows up as "MOD: required mod "Hydrocraft" not found".

I've tried looking up tutorials on how to fix this but everyone is old and dates as far back as early 2014. Can somebody help me fix this issue?

Can you link us to the FAQs you've read? Most of the procedures to get a mod to run haven't changed since 2014 anyway.

Did you do the mod addition to the Loaded text file as well?

- Baking tray and honey vanish after cooking and removing from campfire, same with tomato sauce.

- Weight Bench: duplicates towels (after a hefty workout we have enough wet towels to equip an army of locker-room warriors).

- Feeding Rabbits: turns them into poop (rabbit consumption intended?)

-Punching Bag With Stand: not functional yet?

-Traps: I may be doing something wrong but i have never caught anything in a trap no matter what bait i use.

-Meth: are all the required items included to make this? having trouble finding blue barrels, ephedrine and amonia.

-Hemp Seed: can not find it, is this a level ten foraging item?

-Padlock: what is this for? was really hoping we could lock base doors with them.

-Thread: Would be great if we could craft this from something other than floss, or be able to use silk/linen thread for making fur coats.

-Brick Pavers: Would be great to be able to make brick floors and walls, though that may not be easy to implement.

Anyway, love your work *tips hat*

1. Ok will check out.

2. Hmm weird.

3. Oops! Now fixed.

4. Yes you need a wooden bucket to get water from it.

5. Yes you need Boxing Gloves and a Towel.

6. I have not messed with traps. That's a base game thing. Keep trying. Its just hard to do.

7. Yes all items should be. Look to the junkyard for bule barrels. the other you need books to learn the recipes for them.

8. They are there, just rare. keep looking.

9. Padlocks are a base game thing. I just have a way to craft them instead of finding them.

10. I will see what I can do.

11. Build a Compost bin to dispose of rotten food. Also recycle trash such as tin cans into tin ingots.

12. We are working on red and grey brick walls. We will have to look into floors.

Wood sheets eh? Wonder what that's about...*loads up server*...

Uhh.... I meant that there's two recipes for wooden block and one makes wooden beams. It's a dupe label.

Weird. Hydro - this was something added recently? You have any other mods running alongside Hydrocraft?