ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Hey Ormnt can i have permission to publish a modified version of your mod on the steam workshop? Was intended for Zeeks haven so we can get rid of some of the full auto guns from the loot tables and have them as event rewards and might do a few balancing of our own. Youd be given full credit of course just having it on the workshop makes it easier for our players. Would essentialy domesticate the firearms down to civiliian variants.

Are you releasing this alternate variant of the mod publicly yet? This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time but never got around to doing so.

Hey Ormnt can i have permission to publish a modified version of your mod on the steam workshop? Was intended for Zeeks haven so we can get rid of some of the full auto guns from the loot tables and have them as event rewards and might do a few balancing of our own. Youd be given full credit of course just having it on the workshop makes it easier for our players. Would essentialy domesticate the firearms down to civiliian variants.

Are you releasing this alternate variant of the mod publicly yet? This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time but never got around to doing so.

Ya its been out and ive ahd a lovely team of coders and testers helping me. Just got a great java scripter on my team to see if we can fix the games old aiming system which never got implemented because the devs abondoned it for a simpler version. just look on the steam workshop unde recents and its ORMntMans real gun mod edit by jether. add me on steam if you want to help test since just a few people cant decide what is truly balanced.

Ya its been out and ive ahd a lovely team of coders and testers helping me. Just got a great java scripter on my team to see if we can fix the games old aiming system which never got implemented because the devs abondoned it for a simpler version. just look on the steam workshop unde recents and its ORMntMans real gun mod edit by jether. add me on steam if you want to help test since just a few people cant decide what is truly balanced.

Ah damn, wasn't aware you re-added the automatics. How rare is much more rare exactly?

Cant make everyone happy. Some server admins I was talking with didn't want the complete removal of an entire weapon type. But yes they are much much more rare and I can increase that even more if it doesn't seem rare enough. I also limited the places they can spawn drastically.

You seem inclined to repeat this eveywhere, so let's make it very clear: The current aiming system works fine and there's not much reason to expand on it right now, though a combat update is planned in the future. What scope that combat update will take, we currently don't know. That's not abandonment.

Good luck.

You seem inclined to repeat this eveywhere, so let's make it very clear: The current aiming system works fine and there's not much reason to expand on it right now, though a combat update is planned in the future. What scope that combat update will take, we currently don't know. That's not abandonment.

Good luck.

We all have our opinions on certain mechanics on the game. I would rather challenge someone to make something better and prove their opinion with evidence than call em out on their opinion, regardless of how strongly worded their opinion is. :)

We all have our opinions on certain mechanics on the game. I would rather challenge someone to make something better and prove their opinion with evidence than call em out on their opinion, regardless of how strongly worded their opinion is. :)

I'd rather let them know we're aware of the passive aggression before it escalates, personally.

Hey guys !

First off I gotta say, this mod is simply awesome and TIS should buy it to include it to the game. Makes the game much, much more realistic even if I'm not fond of guns.

However I'm playing on build 32 and I can't see the guns on the character, and I can't find anything related to that issue. Do you know anything about that?

Hey guys !

First off I gotta say, this mod is simply awesome and TIS should buy it to include it to the game. Makes the game much, much more realistic even if I'm not fond of guns.

However I'm playing on build 32 and I can't see the guns on the character, and I can't find anything related to that issue. Do you know anything about that?

Hah! Wishful thinking, my mod very much ruins their balance of the game.

Do you have the modelLoader?

Yeah I really believe this should be included to the game the same way erosion was a few years back. This mod is really incredible as it doesn't really temper with the game balance. TIS should tweak it a little to meet their requirements and then buy it from you period.

In my opinion, now that you have a solid catalog of guns and items and that you proved you are gifted with modding, you should try working on a new aiming system. I know it's a far cry from adding items but it's something that should go hand in hand with the real guns mod. Then you combine both mods and TIS will hire you for sure :D

Do you have the modelLoader?

Er I must say I don't know... Do you refer to that folder included in the mod that you instruct to paste in case our computers don't support 3d models? (sorry I'm not near my pc right now...)

Ah well, I should remove that, I believe it is an older version of the modelLoader. Go to the first page of this topic. There you will find a link to the modelLoader topic which has the most recent download

Soes it work with 33.5 already?

No, the modelLoader and this mod only support stable releases. So far as I know, that is not a stable release.

Any chance on some new melee weapons, kind of pointless adding 100+ firearms and not melee and how well does it work online?

Avoiding scope drift for now, so, no. No melee weapons. Besides, my mod is not just about the new guns, but about the more realistic gun functions.

There isn't much interesting functionality to add to melee weapons.

Yes, it works online if the server and all the users have the mod.

Have you considered mounted guns, like the M2 Browning? I think it would be awesome for stationary base defense or to wield the ability to lug it around and deploy it throughout the map in suitable locations.

Already on the to-do list. I need to experiment with the stopping movement script, but it looks promising

Also, may I suggest that you make canisters slightly lighter, for as they are right now they show no use, and they are less "flexible" than their box counterparts. At least the box you can take some if you're burdened whereas the canisters are more like all or nothing.

They are  easier to pick up and drop than the boxes. Also, you can break them down into boxes.

They are  easier to pick up and drop than the boxes. Also, you can break them down into boxes.

OK but consider this: they may be slightly faster to move around containers but containers must have plenty of space to store them, whereas you can put some boxes in a bag and some others in another bag... I think the very advantage of bigger containers is that they are less cumbersome from bullets to boxes to canisters. Just sharing my opinion I won't insist any more than this :)

Also, if this is the right thread to do it i'd like to report that the AR15 doesn't allow to eject magazine when you switch it to 5.56 rounds.