ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

BUG:

I get duplicated books if I red recipes directly from containers (books that said "not readed" at the bottom), with this mod and the latest modloader 1.15 for PZ v33.20 (multiplayer only)

Why are you telling me about books? My mod does not touch books or any mechanisms that affect them.

BUG:

I get duplicated books if I red recipes directly from containers (books that said "not readed" at the bottom), with this mod and the latest modloader 1.15 for PZ v33.20 (multiplayer only)

Why are you telling me about books? My mod does not touch books or any mechanisms that affect them.

The problem is with your mod + modloader... I get that error/dupe bug. If I uninstall them, the bug disappear. Maybe some files collision with the new modloader.

BUG:

The problem is with your mod + modloader... I get that error/dupe bug. If I uninstall them, the bug disappear. Maybe some files collision with the new modloader.

Yeah, it couldn't be my mod, I don't even come close to touching those functions. Go check in with Jab

Hey, hey, long time no see 9 quite literally for a bit with uneducated dregs like myself who could not figure out that model loader is required to get custom models to show up; and my shift key is also broken, so enjoy seeing 9's and 0's to indicate parenthesis 0 I recently came back to Zomboid, having left because with the way I hastily threw my own 9 ridiculously overpowered attempt at trophy 0 weapons and smashed them into your distribution script, none seemed to spawn. Downloading the newest version and starting the game back up, I was very, very much so pleased with the rates at which the guns and ammo were spawning, it really felt perfectly balanced, they were rare rewards for being a talented combatant of zed, but not so rare that acquisition of guns and ammo became tedious, repetitive and grueling. So really, kudos to you on the distribution, I truly cannot say that it could stand to be improved from this point at all 9 and note that I may be just spewing nothing because I have no idea if you've retweaked the distribution scripts 0 but either way, it felt really rewarding to play and a fun experience overall.

Insane, inane ramblings aside, I did have but one grievance with the mod, and it has to do with the conversions with fire modes and multi caliber supporting weapons. Now I understand, even accomplishing the ability to load two different ammo types was an astounding feat, even if done so a bit primal; the point being, it wasn't pretty but it did work, to a degree. The degree being, once you've modded out your badass-oh my god-I finally found it- M16 and fully loaded the magazine with some 5.56 hellfire, you decide to switch it to semi because your aim skill is too low and you can't hit a damn thing and POOF all the ammo in the magazine is gone along with all those mods making your tricked out gun just a run of the mill generic zombie blaster, or it would be if it were loaded, for now it is a very heavy metal block. I'm almost positive you've heard this bug before, but instead of just complain about it 9 boohoo I died blah blah blah 0 I'll offer a fix, whether or not you've tried it or something similar, I wouldn't know. Now I understand what the conversion is; it takes the gun away and replaces it with an entirely new gun with the same model and texture and somewhat different stats, but the obvious problem with that is that all your mods and ammo are gone if you do that. What I'm suggesting is that you 9 or I could attempt, but I've failed every programming course I've taken 0 create a script that checks what gun is being converted, how it is being converted 9 ammo type/fire mode 0, what mods are attached and takes the appropriate actions to prevent loss of those items. EX; with the M16 being switched to semi above, it would check what mods it has and how many rounds are loaded in the magazine, and when the new gun spawns, it would take those mods and ammo count and make sure that it would spawn with those specifications. Or if it just changed from 5.56 to .223, it would spawn the gun and all the attachments in with the magazine loaded with 5.56's in the inventory the gun itself is in. That way a huge problem is finally solved, and I'm aware how little explaining what it should do helps, it would help much more if I could explain how it works, but I just do not have any serious lua experience, nonetheless I'll try if you would like.

And don't worry 9 or do, considering it's more work 0, I'll be back around to give you some more suggestions for really weird and cool guns, or at least I think they're cool. I also noted the historical weapon mod in the works, and I think I can give you some really unique ones there as well. And should you ever decide to release a melee specific mod, I can toss around all sorts of bludgeoning tools and pointy things. But I'm sure this mod alone keeps you busy enough, so I'll keep those away for now, I'll end with saying thank you for the fantastic mod, all your work and continuing work on it as well as how receptive to all the suggestions received you've been.

EDIT - It was then after spending a combined 90 minutes writing a post that I realized this issue had already been brought up on multiple occasions and the 'fix' I suggested is an incredibly obvious method; I apologize, sorry for wasting time, I'll stick to the gun suggestions, either way I'll do my best to get them here with haste as an apology of sorts for a long winded redundancy   :oops:

Hey, hey, long time no see 9 quite literally for a bit with uneducated dregs like myself who could not figure out that model loader is required to get custom models to show up; and my shift key is also broken, so enjoy seeing 9's and 0's to indicate parenthesis 0 I recently came back to Zomboid, having left because with the way I hastily threw my own 9 ridiculously overpowered attempt at trophy 0 weapons and smashed them into your distribution script, none seemed to spawn. Downloading the newest version and starting the game back up, I was very, very much so pleased with the rates at which the guns and ammo were spawning, it really felt perfectly balanced, they were rare rewards for being a talented combatant of zed, but not so rare that acquisition of guns and ammo became tedious, repetitive and grueling. So really, kudos to you on the distribution, I truly cannot say that it could stand to be improved from this point at all 9 and note that I may be just spewing nothing because I have no idea if you've retweaked the distribution scripts 0 but either way, it felt really rewarding to play and a fun experience overall.

Insane, inane ramblings aside, I did have but one grievance with the mod, and it has to do with the conversions with fire modes and multi caliber supporting weapons. Now I understand, even accomplishing the ability to load two different ammo types was an astounding feat, even if done so a bit primal; the point being, it wasn't pretty but it did work, to a degree. The degree being, once you've modded out your badass-oh my god-I finally found it- M16 and fully loaded the magazine with some 5.56 hellfire, you decide to switch it to semi because your aim skill is too low and you can't hit a damn thing and POOF all the ammo in the magazine is gone along with all those mods making your tricked out gun just a run of the mill generic zombie blaster, or it would be if it were loaded, for now it is a very heavy metal block. I'm almost positive you've heard this bug before, but instead of just complain about it 9 boohoo I died blah blah blah 0 I'll offer a fix, whether or not you've tried it or something similar, I wouldn't know. Now I understand what the conversion is; it takes the gun away and replaces it with an entirely new gun with the same model and texture and somewhat different stats, but the obvious problem with that is that all your mods and ammo are gone if you do that. What I'm suggesting is that you 9 or I could attempt, but I've failed every programming course I've taken 0 create a script that checks what gun is being converted, how it is being converted 9 ammo type/fire mode 0, what mods are attached and takes the appropriate actions to prevent loss of those items. EX; with the M16 being switched to semi above, it would check what mods it has and how many rounds are loaded in the magazine, and when the new gun spawns, it would take those mods and ammo count and make sure that it would spawn with those specifications. Or if it just changed from 5.56 to .223, it would spawn the gun and all the attachments in with the magazine loaded with 5.56's in the inventory the gun itself is in. That way a huge problem is finally solved, and I'm aware how little explaining what it should do helps, it would help much more if I could explain how it works, but I just do not have any serious lua experience, nonetheless I'll try if you would like.

And don't worry 9 or do, considering it's more work 0, I'll be back around to give you some more suggestions for really weird and cool guns, or at least I think they're cool. I also noted the historical weapon mod in the works, and I think I can give you some really unique ones there as well. And should you ever decide to release a melee specific mod, I can toss around all sorts of bludgeoning tools and pointy things. But I'm sure this mod alone keeps you busy enough, so I'll keep those away for now, I'll end with saying thank you for the fantastic mod, all your work and continuing work on it as well as how receptive to all the suggestions received you've been.

EDIT - It was then after spending a combined 90 minutes writing a post that I realized this issue had already been brought up on multiple occasions and the 'fix' I suggested is an incredibly obvious method; I apologize, sorry for wasting time, I'll stick to the gun suggestions, either way I'll do my best to get them here with haste as an apology of sorts for a long winded redundancy   :oops:

No problem! Good to hear from you again. Yes the old mechanic I had was workable (somewhat) but incredibly buggy by nature, I am working on a direct modification mechanic to replace the fire modes and current mod system and a table system to take care of multiple ammo types in one gun.

That said it is slow going because I am very busy with work right now and I am not all that good with coding ;).

It is getting there though.

in case i missed it somewhere any plans or need to update for build 33?

Yes and no, will I update the current version for 33? No, I don't have time with work and trying to code the next version. Will the next version be updated for 33? Probably not because 34 or 35 will be out by then ;)

in case i missed it somewhere any plans or need to update for build 33?

Yes and no, will I update the current version for 33? No, I don't have time with work and trying to code the next version. Will the next version be updated for 33? Probably not because 34 or 35 will be out by then ;)

Thank you sir. Will stay tuned.

I get this logs:

script: loading C:\Users\Franco\Zomboid\mods\ORGM\media\scripts\ORGMMods.txtjava.security.InvalidParameterException: Error: Type		=	WeaponMods is not a valid parameter in item: 2xScope

and this

-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: 6.0 of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: ORGMDistr -- file: ORGMDistribution.lua line # 668Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@34c58196function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 98java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: 6.0 of non-table: null        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:473)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1672)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:141)        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEventGarbage(LuaEventManager.java:150)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.triggerEvent(LuaManager.java:1647)        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor239.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround$ItemPicker.checkObject(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:466)        at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.LoadGridsquare(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:50)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.doLoadGridsquare(IsoChunk.java:1052)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.update(IsoChunkMap.java:175)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5148)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2497)        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1249)        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:619)        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1173)        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: ORGMDistr -- file: ORGMDistribution.lua line # 668Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@34c58196function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 98
Edited by francogp

I already told him about the 2xscope problem and I think the distribution errors may be the desert eagles cause I remember when making my mod from the names in distribution I got a error with both cause of misspelling lol also the SPR19111 that's a thing also lol

Fluffe nailed it

I already told him about the 2xscope problem and I think the distribution errors may be the desert eagles cause I remember when making my mod from the names in distribution I got a error with both cause of misspelling lol also the SPR19111 that's a thing also lol

Fluffe nailed it

I fixed it changing 

item 2xScope	{		Type		=	WeaponMod,		DisplayName	=	Scope; 2x,		Icon		=	2xScope,

to

item 2xScope	{		Type		=	WeaponPart,		DisplayName	=	Scope; 2x,		Icon		=	2xScope,

I don't know if this is the right place, but on the Redboid server I (and others) have noticed that other players can't hear other players shooting, unless they are really really close. For sure a bug, i just don't know if it is a base game thing.

Do something different than the other gun mods out there. Besides just adding your own idea of what weapons there should be in game add a new mechanism that is missing. Like realistic reloading for say. The ability to loot magazines, having to reload magazines and swap them would be pretty neat.

Just giving you something for you to set your mod apart since this genre has been pretty much been overdone. But its good practice for you to get into modding PZ.

Its called reload difficulty and its been around for a while.  Just enable in the options menu under "RELOAD"