ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Quick Q Ortman

So I was looking at the code for the Glock 20 (actually all weapons but, more specifically the Glock as I own one IRL and it seems like a good one to start out with at lvl4 aiming.

So base hit chance is 50 (I assume percent?) now it says the aiming perk addition is 15 is this per skill point? And if so that means I have a 110% chance of a hit with beta blockers? (starting to not need them as char doesnt get scared with hordes of 100+) how does this all factor in? Also the crit chance (which I assume is the chance of a 1-shot) is 20 (yet again percent?) plus my 4 aiming 4x20=100 so I have a 120% chance at a crit? If this is the case then I should never ever miss a shot correct? I am just looking into this before I waist all my ammo (I used about 2k 00 buck shot to raise my aim skill to current its half to 5) 

Any response will be greatly appreciate. Also noticed you said your kinda losing a bit of umph for this mod, anything we (your loyal fans) can do? I would be glad to assist in any way possible :)

Like holding the barrel of a gun to use it as a club :3!!!

Hah, maybe, though, that would mean a LOAD of items, and a modification of the gun models for placement in the hands.

Don't hold your breath ;)

Hah that would probably mean that there need to be two different durability settings, one for the bayonet and the other for gun. Probably not possible lol, or else swinging gun around hurts the barrels lol

Like holding the barrel of a gun to use it as a club :3!!!

Hah, maybe, though, that would mean a LOAD of items, and a modification of the gun models for placement in the hands.

Don't hold your breath ;)

Hah that would probably mean that there need to be two different durability settings, one for the bayonet and the other for gun. Probably not possible lol, or else swinging gun around hurts the barrels lol

There are many terrible considerations here.

Quick Q Ortman

So I was looking at the code for the Glock 20 (actually all weapons but, more specifically the Glock as I own one IRL and it seems like a good one to start out with at lvl4 aiming.

So base hit chance is 50 (I assume percent?) now it says the aiming perk addition is 15 is this per skill point? And if so that means I have a 110% chance of a hit with beta blockers? (starting to not need them as char doesnt get scared with hordes of 100+) how does this all factor in? Also the crit chance (which I assume is the chance of a 1-shot) is 20 (yet again percent?) plus my 4 aiming 4x20=100 so I have a 120% chance at a crit? If this is the case then I should never ever miss a shot correct? I am just looking into this before I waist all my ammo (I used about 2k 00 buck shot to raise my aim skill to current its half to 5)

Any response will be greatly appreciate.

Quick Q Ortman

I don't know for sure regarding the stats, but what I do know is that with aiming 5 you'll be very accurate with pistols, rarely missing a shot (given that you aren't panicked).

Quick Q Ortman

Quick Q Ortman

I don't know for sure regarding the stats, but what I do know is that with aiming 5 you'll be very accurate with pistols, rarely missing a shot (given that you aren't panicked).

From what I have gathered, there is the base + the increase per skill point. This is your base.

Then it takes into account the aiming time. I don't know by what factor it reduces accuracy for snap shots, but it increases back up to 100% at the end of the aim-time stat.

Then there is range and fear which both can reduce accuracy. If enemies are within the range min, you will lose a lot of accuracy and vise versa. Within the min and max, there is a gradation, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head because I have not delved into that part of the main game files.

Anyway, I hope that kinda helps.

Anybody found the Zombie folder on a Mac?

I don't... but I am sure one of the awesome people here might know!

Lately I've been seeing people on Zeek's Haven and the SpiffoSpace modded server using the test cheat key. Dunno how they found out, one person said they use the arrow keys and shift to run and it was accidental. I'm not going to repeat the specific keys here, but it's being talked about openly in global chats and basically breaking servers. Piles of guns n ammo just dumped everywhere for anyone to pick up.

Would it be possible to add the option for admins to change it or remove it entirely for public servers? Thanks :)

As a temporary fix, you could go to Zomboid\mods\ORGM\media\lua\client and remove the ORGMTest.lua file which contains the definition for that debug key and what it does. I'm not sure if clients will have to remove it as well or if the file will simply be ignored as it isn't part of the server files.

Lately I've been seeing people on Zeek's Haven and the SpiffoSpace modded server using the test cheat key. Dunno how they found out, one person said they use the arrow keys and shift to run and it was accidental. I'm not going to repeat the specific keys here, but it's being talked about openly in global chats and basically breaking servers. Piles of guns n ammo just dumped everywhere for anyone to pick up.

Would it be possible to add the option for admins to change it or remove it entirely for public servers? Thanks :)

Yeah, in the client folder you just need to remove the ORGMTest.lua. The code had nothing to do with the arrow or shift keys

Edit: Whoops, should have read further, someone already told you that.