Waffles vs Pancakes

MashPotato

The Ultimate Question!  

2308 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: pancakes or waffles?

• PANCAKES
    • WAFFLES

• 2 weeks later...

Dude pankcakes are harder to make, and you have to eat them faster because the matter of the pancake soaks all the syrup inside. Thats where the waffle kills it because the squares are there for a reason, to compartmentalize the syrup, Just think of the world we'd be in if it was called pancakehouse instead of wafflehouse, IHOP doesn't even register.

Although honestly I think French Toast kicks both of thier asses

Dude pankcakes are harder to make, and you have to eat them faster because the matter of the pancake soaks all the syrup inside. Thats where the waffle kills it because the squares are there for a reason, to compartmentalize the syrup, Just think of the world we'd be in if it was called pancakehouse instead of wafflehouse, IHOP doesn't even register.

Although honestly I think French Toast kicks both of thier asses

Seriously!? You don't like how pancakes absorb syrup? That's part of the point of syrup!

Furthermore, compartmentalizing and preserving syrup will get you an entire mouthful of it. The squares are much better suited to holding bits of butter or fruit.

You don't have to fill them with syrup. The real joy to waffles is that you get exactly as much as you want in each bite. With pancakes you just have to dump it on and hope it doesn't all end up on the plate.

Boo pancake hater.

Die in the fiery yet sweet depths of maple syrup

You don't have to fill them with syrup. The real joy to waffles is that you get exactly as much as you want in each bite. With pancakes you just have to dump it on and hope it doesn't all end up on the plate.

Boo pancake hater.

Die in the fiery yet sweet depths of maple syrup

He has a point about your toppings being all over the plate...

Although, waffles are just plain disgusting.

That, and pancakes are still winning by vote.

Everyone hates pancakes. Why does everyone hate pancakes? They bring purpose to this planet. It is purpose that binds us. It is purpose that evolves us. It is purpose that guides us. It is purpose that creates us.

I'm sorry. It's not you it's me. Can't we just be friends? I... I just need some space.