Waffles vs Pancakes

MashPotato

The Ultimate Question!  

2292 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: pancakes or waffles?

• PANCAKES
    • WAFFLES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pancakes are better for one reason and one reason alone!!!

They don't need some form of grid-shaped apparatus to make them on. You can use a pot, pan, flat-top grill, griddle, you can even use a clothes iron.

Waffles require the device referred to as: THE WAFFLE IRON!!!

In a zombie survival situation, I'd rather not have to go looking for some abstract piece of technology to make my breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok there's a few things I want to address. I read as much of this thread as I possibly could, gave up around 10 pages in.

First of all, Mitch Hedberg has a few things to say about pancakes and waffles:

- As a comedian, you have to start the show strong, and end the show strong. You can't be like pancakes; all exciting at first, but by the end you're f***in sick of em.

- A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.

- Mitch likes to put fruit on top of his waffles, because he likes to have something to brush off.

Thanks Mitch, RIP.

So moving on, waffles REQUIRE another item to be put in the game, whether it's a waffle iron or a waffle making appliance. Which is absolutely fine, it just wouldn't be necessary with pancakes.

Also, I have an aunt by the name of Rita. Rita makes the best f***ing pancakes I've ever had in my life. Soft on the inside, yet somehow cooked just right so that the exterior has the most delicate and mouth-watering crisp to it. Unbelievable. I voted for pancakes because of my aunt. And because it's a hell of a lot easier to spread peanutbutter on a pancake, and that's something I have to do. To hell with pancakes AND waffles if they don't have peanutbutter AND syrup.

French toast would win hands down though if it were an option.

P.S. Honestly, considering how grueling of a battle this has been, I wouldn't be surprised if the devs surprised us and included both. Seems like something this lovely team would do.

As soon as I learned of this situation, thanks to a brave soldier, I mobilized my strike team. This situation needs to be  dealt with ASAP.

Flapjacks, or pancakes if you will, hold the highest tactical value.. Especially in a zombie uprising that we're dealing with at the moment!

Let me tell you some things I always teach my recruits before they hit the field:

- Flapjacks are delicious, especially with strawberries and a little sugar (all of which can be scavenged or grown during our war efforts)

- Flapjack mix, or batter, is just proportioned flour, sugar, and salt.. Just because it's called Pancake Mix doesn't mean it's useful for only Flapjacks...

- Cover 'em in syrup and slap 'em on a zed's face and that'll stick on pretty solid... Remember soldiers, sneaking up on a blinded target is much easier than one who can see..

- I've spent 3 weeks in a combat zone using flapjacks to silence my footsteps! Where waffles are crispier they would just crackle when you walk, but flapjacks are soft and fluffy. Tape 'em to the bottom of your shoes, makes a great foot step silencer.

- Draw smiley faces on them and you have a buddy while you stand gaurd at your safe house in the desolate world..

And always remember soldiers, every time you see a flapjack, remember that I'm out their fighting the zombie uprising alongside every one of you!

Happy hunting soldiers, and enjoy your flapjacks!

Pancakes and Waffles are close to being neck and neck. This is unacceptable. The Waffle army must reign supreme!

I WILL NEVER SERVE UNDER YOUR RULE!

We meet on the battlefield again Cpt. Flapjack. I remember destroying your platoon in syrup valley, surely you don't believe you dare stand a chance against the waffle armada.

Pancakes and Waffles are close to being neck and neck. This is unacceptable. The Waffle army must reign supreme!

I WILL NEVER SERVE UNDER YOUR RULE!

We meet on the battlefield again Cpt. Flapjack. I remember destroying your platoon in syrup valley, surely you don't believe you dare stand a chance against the waffle armada.

I lost good men that day, brave men, they've been neck deep in blueberries and chocolate chips... They fought well and hard that day, and I will avenge them! I will destroy the waffle armada!

The Luftwaffle says otherwise.

That's it! I'm coming to find you and your special Luftwaffle division, I'm coming armed to the teeth with syrup, forks, knives, trench strawwberries, and my sugar powder bombs.... I'll see you on the battle field, I'll eat my way out if I have too... Then Connall, I'm coming for you next..