RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

One  Thing i have noticed while playing the new build 32 is that there is almost NO loot at all. Ive raided both warehouses in maldraugh and have come back with nothing but a few nails and planks and a few odds and ends. Where did the axes,crowbars and weapons that were in there go? The zombies couldnt have taken them so please fix this issue!

yep but still, has anyone tried to extinguish fire on self? is it a thing? how fast is extinguishing fires? does fire spread faster than what you can extinguish? can you extinguish fire on other people? how much "resources" you consume for extinguish one tile of fire?

Okay, I decided to check that stuff for you. No you can't extinguish yourself, the only way to extinguish oneself is to run around.

Extinguishing uses up One point of item's UseDelta. Fire Extinguishers have 10 uses, Sand Bags have 4. Idk about water. It's fast enough if you ask me, 2-3 seconds.

You extinguish one tile at a time (I didn't check of Firefighters can extinguish more at a time, would be very, very nice if they extinguish everything around the selected tile (9tiles max with an extinguisher))

Addition to first note police station also has barely any ammunition and or weapons. This game is set to be the early days of the outbreak. Who couldve stolen everything in 1 day!?

The police officers that were sent into the streets maybe?

Also finally we know we are in 1993!

yep but still, has anyone tried to extinguish fire on self? is it a thing? how fast is extinguishing fires? does fire spread faster than what you can extinguish? can you extinguish fire on other people? how much "resources" you consume for extinguish one tile of fire?

Okay, I decided to check that stuff for you. No you can't extinguish yourself, the only way to extinguish oneself is to run around.

Extinguishing uses up One point of item's UseDelta. Fire Extinguishers have 10 uses, Sand Bags have 4. Idk about water. It's fast enough if you ask me, 2-3 seconds.

You extinguish one tile at a time (I didn't check of Firefighters can extinguish more at a time, would be very, very nice if they extinguish everything around the selected tile (9tiles max with an extinguisher))

awesome, thanks a lot :)

if that's the case then some tweaks might help

i suggest to have two systems, one for mp and one for sp.

i love the idea of having fire spreading fast enough to need 3 or 4 players to kill it as a squad, but also we need a balanced system where a fast enough player in sp can save his place from a fire. sadly i still have to try it myself but i've been reported that the fire spreads way faster than what you can extinguish, but i really ahve to try this myself, as you just said it's fast enough in your opinion.

i love your idea of firefighters being able to extinguish more tiles in a single hit (or maybe using less resources to extinguish one or extinguish one faster, idk).

the last thing i need to figure is if we can extinguish fire on other people.

p.s. what do you mean with "the only way to extinguish oneself is to run around." does this really work? i though being on fire = death

Scissorman was here <3

Extinguishing faster wouldn't help much, it's already fast enough, (Fire WILL spread a little but you CAN extinguish it, i set a house on fire to test and put the fire out fine) I think i'd rather be able to extinguish more tiles if we have Firefighter profession (Like, at least the same amount of tiles that are cleaned of blood when bleach is used).

Yes, if you run around fire extinguishes, I've tested that tons of times, not always willingly.

Edit: I didn't get any of the bugs fixed above when I tested so my testing is still valid.

Edit 2: I'm also pretty sure that you can't extinguish other people it seems to only work with tiles that are on fire.

31.12!

• Put out fire! (require extinguisher, water or sand/dirt/gravel bag)
  • Some new menu changes/Fix
  • Starting year is now 1993
  • Distinguish between number of items or number of "units" of drainable/food items in Crafting UI.
  • KahluaThread hack to avoid processing after resetting the lua environment.
  • After enabling/disabling mods with the controller, some instructions from the old/reset Lua environment were being processed.
  • Make the mod-selector screen work with a controller.
  • Health panel grabs items from surrounding containers.

I know its a stupid question, i not a critical, it's just because it bothers me  :???:

Why have set the year at 1993 ? It relates about history ? A symbolic year ?

About year and time, we might add pieces of history in the game, some sheets of paper of survivors who who described the appocalyspe if we start few months later ?

Thank again for fast update  :mrgreen:

I know its a stupid question, i not a critical, it's just because it bothers me  :???:

I honestly always though that if a zombie apocalypse started anytime after internet became popular it wouldn't get far, so it makes sense to set it in the 90's. And anyway, just looking at various PZ items (Cordless phones, Video Game that looks like a random 'Wolf and eggs' game (or one of the Tiger games in America), nothing really advanced) pretty much screams 80-90's.

Is bread dough, pie dough and cake batter tied to a specific level of Cooking?  Or is it a recipe pamphlet?  It isn't included in the list of items to cook in the new UI.

No they are not, you need to learn them, either by picking Chef profession which knows them from start or reading a Cooking Magazine. They will only appear in your crafting UI once your character knows how to make them.

I honestly always though that if a zombie apocalypse started anytime after internet became popular it wouldn't get far, so it makes sense to set it in the 90's. And anyway, just looking at various PZ items (Cordless phones, Video Game that looks like a random 'Wolf and eggs' game (or one of the Tiger games in America), nothing really advanced) pretty much screams 80-90's.

Yes that make sense at all  ;-)

It would be nice to add specific items at specific years ( for an example don't find an old video game at 2015, but find an ps4 ^^) For the the realistic side and for those player who want to start a couple years later, and finaly if we still have the choice the starting year.