So a new event for More zeds into the game.

mrblonde

So i was thinking when you have a safe house and you have been there for about a month you feel safe.

I mean i can leave all the doors open at my safe house and i know for a fact not one zombie will be there waiting for me.

Now i know what your thinking that's awesome.No it's not it is boring there is no tension anymore when you first start the game. I feel safe in a zombie apocalypse. You should not feel safe, some places should make you feel safer but not completely safe.

So you know how we have these event's where you would hear a series of gunshot's. Or may be you hear a helicopter or a airplane flow by then you see the undead shamble to that destination of the map.

What if we have a zombie roar, i mean a big fucking roar so loud you instantly think fuck this and run. 

Now this could have the effect of spawning may be 50-200 zombies at a time in a big clump. Now i know this is not realistic, but it's a start of something. Then the noises in the game ( Gunshots Helicopter noises) could move them around.

But when this roar happens or moans of the undead it will spawn no less then 2 cells away from you.

This having the effect that if your in your garden that i know so many of us have. It would make you close your curtains and hope to spiffo that the gunshot's don't draw them ever so close. To your safe house.

Also it would give the player a sense that no where is safe. Only safer.

Please guys i would love to hear feedback from everybody and would like to know if this would be a good edition to this game. I love it, You love it, hell even the zombies love it.

So please have a say and ill see you in the forums.

Much love. 

The aircraft noises and gunshots act as placeholders for similar metagame events with actual sources. What is it that is supposedly making this roar and magically causing zombies to appear where there were none?

A gunshot sound would be from a survivor. A helicopter sound would be from a military force. These meta events are placeholders for things that are actually coming to the game in the future; NPC survivors and military.

A loud zombie roar would probably come from some kind of special infected, like a tank or mutant zombie. The Indie Stone had made it clear that they will not be adding special infected to the game. So although it would be terrifying and provide the sense of lost safety, I think the devs will find another way to trigger such a surge of zombies.

-.- Why do people always assume you know fuck all about the game xD

Seriously stop trying to read into whats not there.

IS RULE im sure they will come up with something.

Sorry if we upset you, just trying to explain why it could not happen using info that I have heard from the devs. These are the online forums anyway. We tend to know a lot about the game, but not everything of course.

-.- Why do people always assume you know fuck all about the game xD

Seriously stop trying to read into whats not there.

IS RULE im sure they will come up with something.

You are suggesting something that would be pointless once the zombie migration is back in the game, I think this is probably why you're being shot down by everyone (myself included here)

You may know more than "fuck all" about the game, and the Dev's development path, but suggesting something that:

1) Goes against the base lore of PZ (no 'special' infected)

2) Has the same/similar effect as currently disabled game functionality - migration (therefore would probably cause the same complaints/uproar from the community as the 'broken' migration did)

3) Simply serves as an unrealistic (read:lore-breaking) zombie spawner in place of functionality that exists, but is disabled for good reason

will probably not go down too well with the community at large.

Thus, my opinion is that it would be a waste of Dev time, and not a good addition to the game. Sure, maybe as a Mod for server Admins to make optional use of, but not as something thrown into the vanilla game while the functionality it attempts to replicate is incomplete.

Much love, and no hard feelings - this is just why I think your suggestion will be shot down by everyone else, and my opinion on why I personally don't think it's such a good addition.

As always, I heartily advise that people who don't like a suggestion simply do not pay it patronage.

The merit of MrBlonde's suggestion is simple: he sees a problem with the current game (lack of zombies) and proposes a solution. Even though it's a solution that doesn't fit with the game as it's currently released, it's at least an attempt at addressing this problem.

And no, zombie divining in the Upcoming Build 28 thread probably won't adequately compensate for the fellow that never leaves his home and just sits there, but we'll have to see (since this mechanic has been in since build 26, some of you may already have).

That said, PZ isn't Left 4 Dead. It won't be incorporating zombies that roar exceptionally loudly and call forth brethren from the void.

Well said Realmkeeper. Also, this kind of thread should really be on the Suggestion forum, not the General Discussion forum.

Then use the report function and ask to have it moved. That's what it's there for.

So i was thinking when you have a safe house and you have been there for about a month you feel safe.

I mean i can leave all the doors open at my safe house and i know for a fact not one zombie will be there waiting for me.

I wish I could say the same.. My son and I had 3 zeds spawn inside our safehouse while we were out looting yesterday. They appeared behind 5 closed doors! We were able to avoid getting bit but our kitchen got a nice new red paint job. Lesson learned; always do a room-by-room when you get home.. just in case. :shock:

You know what I'd like? A massive horde like the one from the old days, that will circle the map until they find you. I'd absolutely love seeing that make a return!

I dont think that would work that well.

One of the things that made that horde that awsome was that you were in a single small cluster cell,now we have this huge map, i dont think we will ever see that horde type ever again and its sad.

Most of the time i have to scream at zombies to come near my house to put my safehouse to use, otherwise i wasted wood on the doors and windows for nothing.

The most efficient safehouse is the one with sheets on the window

I don't even sheet my safehouse anymore to be honest so I do see the merit that the OP has, the game does indeed need a few new ways of luring zombies around and a certain 'attack' event that would make zombies migrate through the cell you are in. It does get terribly boring when you are never cornered or cut off from others, same with scavenging. You will never find yourself trapped and hiding in a bathroom while hundreds of zombies walk by outside.

The zombie roar might not fit canon-wise but why does it even need a sound? I think it would be more suitable if they did so silently. It would be more of a surprise and feel less like they warped in and more like they are just walking through the cell. But yeah we seriously need some danger to the player. Zombies just don't seem to me to be capable of the ruin they supposedly caused humanity at this point in the apocalypse. Feels like the local precinct could have sorted it out with a water cannon.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Viceroy

I vote no. This would not work in multiplayer whatsoever and I wouldn't want any zombies spawning on NPCs either. 

I would accept it as a placeholder in singleplayer until a better system comes. Also a zombie roar? Most lores I don't see zombies roaring.

Care to elaborate on why a horde of zombies walking through a cell would not work in MP specifically?

Regardless of sound effect, every single zombie in the game becomes 'virtual' when inside an unloaded cell and every single zombie in the game gets 'spawned' when the cell is loaded. So demanding no spawning is laughable. Zombies will need to come from somewhere and an event where they walk through a cell in large numbers would add some (sorely needed) excitement to an otherwise too easy game. Even if it is just as a placeholder (which I am sure it will be) it would be one that could be triggered in certain story conditions too so it would not necessarily be a waste of dev time.

I don't even sheet my safehouse anymore to be honest so I do see the merit that the OP has, the game does indeed need a few new ways of luring zombies around and a certain 'attack' event that would make zombies migrate through the cell you are in. It does get terribly boring when you are never cornered or cut off from others, same with scavenging. You will never find yourself trapped and hiding in a bathroom while hundreds of zombies walk by outside.

The zombie roar might not fit canon-wise but why does it even need a sound? I think it would be more suitable if they did so silently. It would be more of a surprise and feel less like they warped in and more like they are just walking through the cell. But yeah we seriously need some danger to the player. Zombies just don't seem to me to be capable of the ruin they supposedly caused humanity at this point in the apocalypse. Feels like the local precinct could have sorted it out with a water cannon.

EDIT: Spelling.

I absolutly agree with you. It definitly feels like something mayor is missing from the game atm. At least we will get some sort of zombie respawn soon, so we will have to wait and see how that will work out.

I vote no on zombie Roar, but vote yes on zombie Horde.

I totally agree with the "safehouse too safe" thing,don't think that the mighty zombie horde androar near us could be a good way tobecome things more difficult. 
Times ago (years) i heard that more the time pass by  and more zombies are spawned. I think that just spawning more and more zombies could be a good way to let us feel less safe

Only thing that puts me off, shame you can't play soiltare with the cards you find. I'm sure they will come up with something. Hopefully it's sooner rather then later.

Little mini-games like Solitaire would be great, especially for multiplayer when you are trying to wait out the night.

Only thing that puts me off, shame you can't play soiltare with the cards you find. I'm sure they will come up with something. Hopefully it's sooner rather then later.

Little mini-games like Solitaire would be great, especially for multiplayer when you are trying to wait out the night.

That would be alot of fun, But what stops somebody from shooting you in the face while playing them?

That would be alot of fun, But what stops somebody from shooting you in the face while playing them?

Good point. Nothing stops them, but its either stay on guard all night for the night shift, or have a little fun with a friend. Its all up to the survivor. And hopefully if you have a group on multiplayer, someone will stay on guard while the others mess around.

Well I think that brings the tension right back into the game. 

"One card away from winning" you hear a slight moan outside the window only to find a horde want to play there  52 Gore pieces pick up.

It's always been

You see a gigantic horde that wasn't there bofore. "What the fuck?" *Rage quit, bitch on forums about the game being totally ruined, incite riot*

I'm afraid.