Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

I just watched: Dawn of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Day of the Dead... If this release will take much longer I will be obliged to watch the whole Walking Dead Series again as well D:

So many replies so fast, I could not comment on either ^^ Really nice input guys keep them coming! <3

@masterfool

I don't want some artificial karma things saying "You're bad/good" or decide if that guy succeeded in robbing me so it doesnt trigger pvp etc... Let players clear these situations themselves, not game dice. I dunno how pickpocketing etc would work - i wouldnt let any players near me if it couldnt be prevented, lol.

Trade-window could be a nice addition, especially in public servers. Not so much needed in coop, thou. I see no reason why it couldnt be implemented.

Likewise, I don't want some artificial karma. Regardless of the outcome, they should always be PvP flagged for a few minutes - it's up to the player how he/she acts on the flag.

I think the 'act' of stealing though should be basically a die roll, because there are too many variables to consider, and lets face it, if you're gonna try and take advantage of someone by stealing from them, you are seriously rolling the dice.

@masterfool

I don't want some artificial karma things saying "You're bad/good" or decide if that guy succeeded in robbing me so it doesnt trigger pvp etc... Let players clear these situations themselves, not game dice. I dunno how pickpocketing etc would work - i wouldnt let any players near me if it couldnt be prevented, lol.

Trade-window could be a nice addition, especially in public servers. Not so much needed in coop, thou. I see no reason why it couldnt be implemented.

Likewise, I don't want some artificial karma. Regardless of the outcome, they should always be PvP flagged for a few minutes - it's up to the player how he/she acts on the flag.

I think the 'act' of stealing though should be basically a die roll, because there are too many variables to consider, and lets face it, if you're gonna try and take advantage of someone by stealing from them, you are seriously rolling the dice.

What if you are successful in stealing, and the other person doesn't notice immediately, but notices later? Should that player not be a "permanent enemy" of the other player and stay hostile after such action? Another question would be, if you would be able to form "groups" like factions etc. and set who is hostile towards whom that would be very cool (especially if multiplayer will work stable with 20+ people), allowing some real nice roleplay/action elements to players much like in Walking Dead etc. where there are multiple groups, who could then negotiate according to some hierarchy and make treaties.

Might be TOO much, but this would be a nice late game feature especially on multiplayer PVE where you can see that another faction has been looting you (names of players listed) so you know who to look out for.

Side note: when you have PVP turned on how can you tell if the other has too? I have not seen any visual representation of this yet (red name or something?)

The thing you have to keep in mind is this game is out for the most realistic feel that it can get, so having a big flashing arrow so "THIS GUY STOLE FROM YOU" would just cause issues in the game and would just look out of place, also how would stealing be determined what if another player dropped an item for a friend and the friend takes it, would he be listed as an enemy?

All you have to do is remember who the guys name is and boom you are good, all you need is a good memory and i believe as long as they have not changed it, a skull and bones will appear above the players head.

Also RJ will the Hunting Rifle be introduced in this update

What if you are successful in stealing, and the other person doesn't notice immediately, but notices later? Should that player not be a "permanent enemy" of the other player and stay hostile after such action? Another question would be, if you would be able to form "groups" like factions etc. and set who is hostile towards whom that would be very cool (especially if multiplayer will work stable with 20+ people), allowing some real nice roleplay/action elements to players much like in Walking Dead etc. where there are multiple groups, who could then negotiate according to some hierarchy and make treaties.

Might be TOO much, but this would be a nice late game feature especially on multiplayer PVE where you can see that another faction has been looting you (names of players listed) so you know who to look out for.

Side note: when you have PVP turned on how can you tell if the other has too? I have not seen any visual representation of this yet (red name or something?)

I think that it could work but under some circumstances. Say you get looted while you're out scavenging - you get back to your safehouse and have no idea who robbed you. But if you implemented a 'history of ownership' in an item, not visible to the player but within the item metadata, it could make things interesting.

So your favorite spade gets stolen, and weeks later see a survivor running around with your spade, it could automatically flag them.

It kinda opens up a can of worms though, because if I was the spade stealer in this situation, I would want to shoot back. Now, if you go even further and consider that factions existed, that spade could trigger a freakin' block war!

Honestly we're probably getting outside of the realm of the possible here. :)

The thing you have to keep in mind is this game is out for the most realistic feel that it can get, so having a big flashing arrow so "THIS GUY STOLE FROM YOU" would just cause issues in the game and would just look out of place, also how would stealing be determined what if another player dropped an item for a friend and the friend takes it, would he be listed as an enemy?

All you have to do is remember who the guys name is and boom you are good, all you need is a good memory and i believe as long as they have not changed it, a skull and bones will appear above the players head.

In reality, if you're the survivor in a zombie apocalypse dealing with another survivor, I think you'd keep a pretty close eye on what you're doing when trading, wouldn't you? I'm not saying anything about a big flashing arrow, I'm saying a line in the chat box like "X stole your Y!"

I think that it could work but under some circumstances. Say you get looted while you're out scavenging - you get back to your safehouse and have no idea who robbed you. But if you implemented a 'history of ownership' in an item, not visible to the player but within the item metadata, it could make things interesting.

So your favorite spade gets stolen, and weeks later see a survivor running around with your spade, it could automatically flag them.

It kinda opens up a can of worms though, because if I was the spade stealer in this situation, I would want to shoot back. Now, if you go even further and consider that factions existed, that spade could trigger a freakin' block war!

Honestly we're probably getting outside of the realm of the possible here. :)

In reality, if you're the survivor in a zombie apocalypse dealing with another survivor, I think you'd keep a pretty close eye on what you're doing when trading, wouldn't you? I'm not saying anything about a big flashing arrow, I'm saying a line in the chat box like "X stole your Y!"

With the introduction of notes, you can keep track of pretty much anything if you have pen and paper :3 which will be nice! But the ability to take revange should be there at any given moment, given the opportunity to pump some bullets into the stealing person.

This would also make players to be more aware and risking less (stealig less) as it may cost their lives. If you go around and steal from someones crate nobody will know who it was and when if the person is not there, as it is now. This is what needs to change somehow.

Well if you are trading with someone and they steal your supplies and you do not notice i believe you deserve to lose those supplies, i mean honestly, Also having "X Stole Your Y" is unrealistic and i would consider it annoying because i tend to give items to friends all the time.

Also keep in mind this game is based on realism so why should you know who stole your shotgun shells on the other side of town? Its unrealistic

Wait, I never said we gonna implement stealing.. For me it's really unrealistic, everything is in your backpack, it's kinda hard to steal in a backpack while you're moving, in a crowd why not, but only you and another one following you ? You gonna notice it really quickly...

As I said, the only way to steal will be to force the player to give you his item

There's a reason stealing from inventory has never (to my knowledge) been added to multiplayer games; it just doesn't work as a gameplay mechanic. It's awkward, hard to represent, completely unfair, not fun at all, and just bad game design all around. Wanna steal from the base? Sure. But out of player inventories would just be bad. I'm not sure you need to have a special mechanic for "holding someone up," either. If you have a gun in their face, tell them to drop the shit you want or they get it. They can either do it and live, or not and die.

There's a reason stealing from inventory has never (to my knowledge) been added to multiplayer games; it just doesn't work as a gameplay mechanic. It's awkward, hard to represent, completely unfair, not fun at all, and just bad game design all around. Wanna steal from the base? Sure. But out of player inventories would just be bad. I'm not sure you need to have a special mechanic for "holding someone up," either. If you have a gun in their face, tell them to drop the shit you want or they get it. They can either do it and live, or not and die.

Yeah, stealing would primarily just be wierd and non-fair. I would like a "hold-up" mechanic though. You gotta remember, that the other person could be holding a shotgun, and instead of letting him hold it while you're robbing him, you could get him to take his hands up. Then, he wouldn't be able to just quickly withdraw his shotgun.

I miss Ultima Online

OMG this new mondoid made me too hyped I believe D: I am jumping up and down screaming NPCS!NPCS! Grandma thinks I got some sort of STD or something, she has no clue what NPCS mean ^^ Its funny but they look like they play better than me already.. gosh :D

The Hype is real. I honestly didn't expect an NPC update for awhile. Although in the mondoid it said there won't be a release until NPCs are not as buggy and glitchy.

OMG this new mondoid made me too hyped I believe D: I am jumping up and down screaming NPCS!NPCS! Grandma thinks I got some sort of STD or something, she has no clue what NPCS mean ^^ Its funny but they look like they play better than me already.. gosh :D

The Hype is real. I honestly didn't expect an NPC update for awhile. Although in the mondoid it said there won't be a release until NPCs are not as buggy and glitchy.

Well if we're continuing this discussion, someone make a new thread! :D

On the NPC topic, they live up to my expectations (and far further) fully except for spamming a little on combat. :P

On the NPC topic, they live up to my expectations (and far further) fully except for spamming a little on combat. :P

Sorry about that. :P

Sorry about that. :P

Hey, I'm not a mod. :P

But I will be...

someday.

Question: Why i should burn any corpses? Just for fun?

I mean, how is it beneficial for gameplay?

Mental and physical health effects for hanging around rotting bodies are in planned, if not yet implemented for this version.

Updated OP !

[NEW STUFF]

• Weapon overhaull (more things in the info post will come).
  • Weapon upgrades (fully moddable), they'll come alone at the gunstore, or directly mounted on some weapons, you need a screwdriver to put them in/out.
  • Firearm need to be held with 2 hands (except pistol).
  • [MP] You will be now instant disconnect if trying to join a server with a different build version than yours.
  • Added paintable signs (skull, arrows..) over wall or post sign (new crafting) for every in game painting color (you need a paint brushe and the color you want).
  • Zombeis who die by fire will now continue to burn/spread fire after their death.
  • [MP] If you have a dice you can now do /roll 6 (number up to 100) to roll a random number, this will be shown to every near players. Picture
  • [MP] If you have a card deck you can now do /card to draw a random card, this will be shown to every near players. Picture
  • The zombie migration have also a server option : HoursForZombiesRespawn, same as the one for loot respawn.

[bUGFIX]

• Fixed some incorrect map zone.
  • Fixed some incorrect loot distribution.
  • Fixed tent/campfire couldn't be build on tall grass.
  • Fixed some world filler.