Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

so your suggesting the military do loot drops?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

there will be no military aid. a loot drop would easily be seen as military aid.

events that u can get new loot or ways to survive. 

AKA: Hunting End game

AKA: Fishing or farming

I think i read somewhere where the military would aid each other in the quarentine, but after a few weeks they would stop gettting outside support so they would start going rouge or something like that.

Loot respawning can help out in multiplayer servers as it would help new players find items.

I think making it only do a partial roll for loot respawn would be ok. Like if a loot group had 4 rolls it would only roll 1 or 2 max every ## of hours.

A scavenger skill could also be added in. Could be used once in awhile but with a chance to make noise and or break the place you are looking at for the last remains of items.

IE: Right Click on cabinet select scavenge and your character would start pulling at it and kicking it hoping to find something. Of course this would not find large objects just small objects. so you might find a nail or two or some glue or tape or seeds but not much more than that maybe even some peanuts.

Loot respawning can help out in multiplayer servers as it would help new players find items.

I think making it only do a partial roll for loot respawn would be ok. Like if a loot group had 4 rolls it would only roll 1 or 2 max every ## of hours.

A scavenger skill could also be added in. Could be used once in awhile but with a chance to make noise and or break the place you are looking at for the last remains of items.

IE: Right Click on cabinet select scavenge and your character would start pulling at it and kicking it hoping to find something. Of course this would not find large objects just small objects. so you might find a nail or two or some glue or tape or seeds but not much more than that maybe even some peanuts.

New players begin screwd over is part of the experience, part of it involves actually talking to other players to get food or items since when the servers are all looted, there is always some community going on and it has happen to me and a friend before.

Surviving on mayounise until we found some canned stuff from other players.

Loot respawn will be set by the host, I suggest a minimum of 72h for loot respawn (72h mean : the zone will have to be already explored once, to not be seen for at least 72 in game hour by anyone before respawning loot).

I want to ask here : For those who play in MP, do you feel the need of a UI to trade stuff ? I mean, you right click on someone, select "trade", a window open with 2 inventory list, you then drop stuff in it to trade, and both have to accept ?

Quick note about the Army AI Loot stuff, no point in talking too much about it, we've done it lot of time ;)

What you suggest would require a ton of work, I don't think you realize that, new animations, new tiles, an army AI (even if we don't have army at all for now), dropping stuff inside the meta-game, zombie migration in the meta-game, and yup, it's not a "wait 1h, get respawn", this is not DayZ, the server host decide how loot respawn will work.

Plu yup, it's the army, they know their stuff, if they need to drop something i'm sure they can aim for fort knock pretty easily (jeeze, we have people jumping from 39km but we can't drop something correctly ?)

Loot respawn will be set by the host, I suggest a minimum of 72h for loot respawn (72h mean : the zone will have to be already explored once, to not be seen for at least 72h by anyone before respawning loot).

I want to ask here : For those who play in MP, do you feel the need of a UI to trade stuff ? I mean, you right click on someone, select "trade", a window open with 2 inventory list, you then drop stuff in it to trade, and both have to accept ?

If you ask me, that kinda ruins realism. I think it's fine as it is now. I mean, if player2 just picks up player1's item without player1 accepting that, player1 could just threaten/kill player2. There's no need for "safe trade", as there would be no such thing in real life.

Loot respawn will be set by the host, I suggest a minimum of 72h for loot respawn (72h mean : the zone will have to be already explored once, to not be seen for at least 72h by anyone before respawning loot).

I'd prefer this as a method to hand over items at the same time and actually make sure you give something to the correct player. This could function as trading and as "give item to x". So I am all for it. I hate how in non PVP enabled settings people can just steal blatantly in front of you and you have no way of getting it back or ensuring you give it to the right person.

For trades organised over long ranges it would just use drop-offs like we currently do. But for person to person we need an alternative for sure.

Hm, Viceroy has a point here. Maybe a "give"-window would be better instead of a actual trade window. So you right-click a player and select give, than a window pops up where you see all your current items. You can then select multiple items and click a button to start the transfer. The time will be the same as when putting the items in a container.

Should we swap the discussion to the suggestion forum to keep this thread clean?

I'd prefer this as a method to hand over items at the same time and actually make sure you give something to the correct player. This could function as trading and as "give item to x". So I am all for it. I hate how in non PVP enabled settings people can just steal blatantly in front of you and you have no way of getting it back or ensuring you give it to the right person.

For trades organised over long ranges it would just use drop-offs like we currently do. But for person to person we need an alternative for sure.

Damn! Forgot non-pvp. Yeah, we would definetly need "safe trade" for non-pvp

well, basically "give" is "trade x for nothing", so yeah a trade window would indeed be nice.

Most of the time I play with some friends, and we often need someone to give us an item, food or whatever, and I think that "trade UI window" would be rather convenient instead of dropping something on the floor, which is pretty hard to see when it's pitch black.

I don't understand how a trade window would be unrealistic. It's not like in real life when you give a person something you drop it on the ground and make them pick it up. Handing someone something as they hand you something at the same time is a time-honored tradition for trading.

What mads232 might mean is that it would take away people's opportunity to interrupt the trade and just steal people's belongings without resorting to murder.

Yeah. That's what I meant nasKo. :) But sure, It'll be lovely to have "safe trade" on non-pvp servers.

A simple "give" command would be just fine, but as I said, the whole "accept" thing just isn't a thing for PZ, if you ask me.

I don't understand how a trade window would be unrealistic. It's not like in real life when you give a person something you drop it on the ground and make them pick it up. Handing someone something as they hand you something at the same time is a time-honored tradition for trading.

What mads232 might mean is that it would take away people's opportunity to interrupt the trade and just steal people's belongings without resorting to murder.

Just kill the guy then, or treat him :) (oh god, it'll end as "plz do tied up action & force inventory PLZ RJ" :D)

Just kill the guy then, or treat him :) (oh god, it'll end as "plz do tied up action & force inventory PLZ RJ" :D)

Also it could work as a framework for the NPCs right?

I mean we pretty much need to arm our braindead virtual buddys with weapons and food, also we would reach a point where we need to trade with NPCs for stuff, like if he is not your companion then you have to trade stuff with him.

So pretty much is kinda needed.

But... No, I still don't understand. You can still just hand someone something in real life. Throwing crap on the ground makes it extremely unrealistically easy to steal in my humble opinion. The only way to steal something two people are handing each other in real life would to be to run up and tackle/grab it, which is essentially the same as attacking them. There's not a nonviolent way to steal something that someone else is holding onto in real life, I don't understand why there should be in game.

Please explain to me how people steal peoples' belongings from in front of them without resorting to murder.

mug·ging  [muhg-ing]  Show IPA
noun
an assault or threat of violence upon a person, especially with intent to rob.

I kinda see what people are trying to say here, they want to "scam" in trade i think?

Example one, some guy puts butter in the trade window and the other one puts a fork in the window, they both accept the trade and the items transfer, that is the normal way of doing a trade in game.

The other example is that somehow one of the two guys gets the other item without giving his fork/butter? Like some kind of scam? 

I cant see how that would work in real life unless you go "first" and hand over the item and then you give your part, but that is more of drug dealing in mafia.

If you want to get the item of the other guy, i am 100% the other guy will just straight up kill you insted of saying "wtf m8"

Yeah, its a bit of a downfall of PvE. It's fine if you're just playing with friends, but public... not so much. Items need to have ownership, and stealing needs to be punishable via 'natural law' (savage beating and/or bullets) - the offender should be PvP flagged for the owner of the items (at least for a few minutes).

IMO a 'give' option isn't really needed as you can just have both parties consent to a one-sided trade. I'd argue there's more of a need to implement a 'steal' button (perhaps with a % chance of success) that will trigger conditions like the above (regardless of they're successful or not).

Would make for some interesting situations. Say someone tries to steal from you but fails - what do you do? Shoot them dead? Give them another chance? Ask them why they were willing to die for a can of beans?

The future option will be something like threat the other guy, the other guy have to raise his hand over his heads (can't select any weapon), and the other could force open his inventory.

Finally the trade UI will come, but more for build 29, i think there's enough things in the build 28, need to finish the testing

@masterfool

I don't want some artificial karma things saying "You're bad/good" or decide if that guy succeeded in robbing me so it doesnt trigger pvp etc... Let players clear these situations themselves, not game dice. I dunno how pickpocketing etc would work - i wouldnt let any players near me if it couldnt be prevented, lol.

Trade-window could be a nice addition, especially in public servers. Not so much needed in coop, thou. I see no reason why it couldnt be implemented.