Starbound

TheCenturion

It seems every normal house/structure I find inhabited by some sort of humanoid leads to their death. For example the house nearby towards the left on the hill had another bird humanoid till she wandered around and got killed by a pack of flying bats that spit fire. Not only that but moments after I killed the bats that killed her a meteor came crashing down on the house nearly killing my character. So after those odd events I decided to collect a few materials from the ruined house towards the left to add a addition to this bird person's house. So far I haven't had anymore strange events, lets hope it stays that way.

5N1siwa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just started playing this a few days ago.  Basically it's Terraria, but with new stuff to learn and discover it's been fun so far.

Question, do you have to build the beacon to advance, or can you keep progressing through the crafting on the starting planet and/or fuel up your ship and just leave?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went back to it recently but got bored after a few hours when I found little had changed from my last venture. The opt-in updates seem to be very minor things, so I think I'll hold off and wait for the next big patch.

Part of me wants to say "If we ever see it", but the vast majority of my conscious mind kind of sympathizes with them, I mean after-all we had a long period of time while TIS did up the engine/graphics of PZ so really why should I act like that towards one indie while not treating the other, y'know?

From the looks of it they're working on a bunch of stuff.

It was a bit of a culture shock when the regular updates dried up and it led to me putting the game down (temporarily) but I still hope that a good product will come out of it at the end and look forward to that.

I think the culture of Early Access is changing a bit. At the start, every dev seemed to be pushing to do updates as quick as possible to keep people happy. Now different studios are finding their own way of working, which will hopefully be better in the long run.

If Chucklefish want to slow down and focus on taking a big leap forward after a lot of work rather than lots of little steps quickly I'll reserve judgement until the end, for good or ill.

Risk of Rain is one of my all time favorite games, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I'll trust your judgement on this one! I've got no reason not to anyways.

In other more on-topic news:

The respawn animations for the novakid are floating around - their re spawn animation is actually quite nice in my opinion, rather colorful too.

Risk of Rain is one of my all time favorite games, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Chucklefish didn't develop RoR, they published it. Two-man studio Hopoo Games developed it.

Like others, I'll wait for meaty updates or until the game is released to jump back in.