Starbound

TheCenturion

I've crafted the starmap and used it to upgrade my engine. I just can't find the part of the navigation menu that lets me travel to the beta system.

Should be near the top next to the A when you are choosing solar systems not planets.To back out of the planet view thingy press right mouse button

Don't really see how its different from Terraria apart from the space travel.

space travel, nude birds, walking fishmen, intelligent apes, space travel, and a more rpg style feel

its quite different.

except for the 2d display and the cube design

EDIT:

Just incase it is important to you guys I found a planet/solar system which is pretty impressive

has a few npcs and I think even an avian air boat

Coordinates are:

Alpha X Per 767 II

The worlds/planets are much more random and unique than in terraria. terraria is a great game (played it a lot), but after some time you'll see that the randomness of the world generation isn't that random. in terraria you are "bound" to a world. you can leave the game to switch the world of course, but it's not very comfortable. In starbound you are able to travel between your world.

Also there are (sometimes friendly) npcs living in the worlds, which makes the game more organic.

The worlds/planets are much more random and unique than in terraria. terraria is a great game (played it a lot), but after some time you'll see that the randomness of the world generation isn't that random. in terraria you are "bound" to a world. you can leave the game to switch the world of course, but it's not very comfortable. In starbound you are able to travel between your world.

Also there are (sometimes friendly) npcs living in the worlds, which makes the game more organic.

So its just Terraria in space with slightly more variety?

Ehrm, it's just better. In Terraria I got bored REAL easy and quit playing it. In this game, I just finished the last tier and have been playing all day(48 hours total). You get the point? :)

Ehrm, it's just better. In Terraria I got bored REAL easy and quit playing it. In this game, I just finished the last tier and have been playing all day(48 hours total). You get the point? :)

Have you tried to play recently? 

I understand you may find Starbound more fun then Terraria, but how is it different from Terraria? 

I understand you may find Starbound more fun then Terraria, but how is it different from Terraria?

Well for one, combat doesn't look like this: tumblr_mkchyvvyYf1rpf30bo2_r1_400.gif
I for one do not think combat is one of starbounds strong points.

Edit: gif does describe Terrarias combat well though

as i have written above, the worlds of terraria have an end (on each side). After playing a lot, the game feels like you are trapped in a box (the level) with limited stuff. starbound feels more open. Terraria has got all biomes in one world - in starbound every planet is a different biome. It's also a bit more difficult than terraria, because the starting phase is much harder. Another big point is your spaceship which is very good as starting base. you don't need to go back to a world to get you stuff - you're able to store it in your spaceship with access on every planet.

In terraria, you start farming materials, building a base, unlocking hardmode, fighting bosses and after this, you switch the world to do it again. Starbound is more about traveling and farming planets to build up your ultimate spaceship.

anyways, could anyone hint me a quick rundown on the game? i have no idea what I'm doing and die all the time ^^

Best way to learn is by playing with other people who can show you around.

I'm still clueless to some parts. The wiki indeed helps a lot.

Make sure to do the tutorial quests, really.

Edit: With wiki I mean the official one:

http://starbounder.org/Guide:Getting_Started