Starbound

TheCenturion

Let's see... I want my mommy, check... It's too cold, check... aaaand my hands should be in my pockets, check... That sounds about right. How long will it take for someone to send me back an email to resolve this issue of butthurt?

Anyway, really looking forward to getting this game. It looks like it'll be pretty sweet.

Let's see... I want my mommy, check... It's too cold, check... aaaand my hands should be in my pockets, check... That sounds about right. How long will it take for someone to send me back an email to resolve this issue of butthurt?

Anyway, really looking forward to getting this game. It looks like it'll be pretty sweet.

It's pretty awesome. It has a beautiful atmosphere, and the gameplay is pretty darn fun. Even just exploring gives you a sense of wonder, especially if you discover ruins.

I found a keyboard.

I find it to be so frickin' girly

I was on a desert planet before the update, and we found some old research facility long since abandoned. Me and a friend removed all the traps and moved some walls around a bit and turned it into a huge base of operations. It was awesome! And I plan on doing it again.

Hahaha, I found that too, the one with the electric traps all over the walls and ceilings? And a few poison pits.

Was pretty cool

Me and my friend were shocked by it. Our reaction was as follows:

"Wait, what the fuck is this place- Ape flu- What the FUCK happened here?!"

And just a moment before, my friend was digging and the sand collapsed into a GIANT crater, revealing ancient, buried buildings. We slowly started to realize that the world was a desert covering an ancient civilization, with the research facility being one of the few remaining relics showing us what had happened. It was quite the journey, and there are millions of them to be had in the universe.

Starbound is fucking incredible.

Hmm... I've been looking into this game the past few days. It looks like Terraria in space, which I love as a concept. How many planets and systems are there? How easy is it to travel from planet to planet and star to star?

don't know how many planets - there are so much, i didn't count them yet. if you spend some time doing the first quests and crafting some good starter items, it's very easy to travel. all you need is coal, which is good to find a bit deeper. with a silver or gold pickaxe you are able to mine very fast. with 300 to 400 coal you are able to travel a lot :)

There are currently 4.22 quadrillion planets I believe

they have done somthing with the weapons. my 110 dps axe of death i found 24h ago is a rolled paper now =(

They recently released a hotfix for their latest update, but said hotfix fucked up weapon damage amounts. It also made bird-type enemies spawn a lot more and made them really strong.

The planet I started on had a handful of abandoned Apex laboratories on the surface. I turned one into a small base of operations.

Then, I put some coal in the ship to fill the fuel tank and went to explore a nearby planet. I figured out that I could place all of the essential equipment right on the ship, so my ship now has a bed, campfire, crafting table, furnace, and anvil. It's a mobile base of operations!

On the nearby planet I dug down, way down, to a layer of "magmarock." I found hundreds of pixels, tons of gold, diamond, platinum and silver, and enough iron to fully upgrade by hunter's bow and armor. I think I'm ready to build the distress beacon and take on what comes.

I'm only a few hours in. It's a pretty fun game!

And, installing a starbound server halted with a crash, when It turns out i need to ask our network team to open some UDP ports for me on the core routers. Awesome. That'll have to wait till tomorrow now :(

You can change the ports required to be open for the game in the installation folder. In fodler: Assets -> Default configuration.config

And, installing a starbound server halted with a crash, when It turns out i need to ask our network team to open some UDP ports for me on the core routers. Awesome. That'll have to wait till tomorrow now :(

You can change the ports required to be open for the game in the installation folder. In fodler: Assets -> Default configuration.config

By default, UDP traffic is heavily restricted on the part of the network I'm running it from, as a security mechanism. Steam needs to be able to talk to itself :)

.. or in other words, It's complicated. ;)