why is everyone playing sandbox?

imortalz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is so much content missing that there is imo no real reason to play the game properly yet

Thanks for the feedback I guess!? o.O

I can play it properly already.

that was no real feedback, just stating the obvious - comparing the actual content of the game to the roadmap.

I play sandbox because I've always felt like the days were a little too short in survival. That's literally the only thing I change in my settings though. I do 2 hour days instead of 1.

Also, since I tend to spend most of my time in-game building, and constructed stairs haven't been fixed yet in the new builds, I've been finding myself not knowing what to do with myself once I get to a certain point in my character progression, so I've been throwing around the idea of playing against sprinters. Just to make things a bit more interesting. Give myself a new challenge in the meantime before I can start building multilevel structures again.

Depends on the person, a lot of people play sandbox because it's the same game experience apart from the fact that you can personalize it, I used to hardly ever play survival because sandbox exists, however my current game (9 days in) is in Survival.

Sandbox is just a great addition to this game and really gives it a lot of replayability (even more so when more sandbox options are added), it allows you to customize how the game plays and it will affect the way you play it.  I just wish more games had a 'sandbox mode' like this as it is an awesome feature.

I'm assuming when multiplayer is added we'll have sandbox servers which allow you to set up all of the sandbox options for the server, and I'm really hoping for hardcore (one life only) servers, they will be interesting to play on.

There is only one reason I play sandbox, 1h day is too short for me.

Yeah me too, I usually play with 2hr days and zombies with poor eyesight because the eyes are supposed to be milky white. In a 1 hr day my character wakes up, eats something, checks the perimeter, runs a few streets downtown, loots 4 houses and then it's starting to get dark already.

Meh, Sandbox is nice. I usually make the zombies the way K12314 does.

Put the loot to normal or whatever is right above rare. But thats really it, I think I also make the tempature slightly colder.

Yeah, I also set loot to Normal. The real offset is that zombies are fucking EVERYWHERE. Like, I max out the zed population. So yeah, they're easy to dispatch, and there's decent loot, but there are so many fucking zombies it's insane. Makes sense really, not only do you have most of the population turned into corpses, you have every person in every graveyard everywhere crawling out of their caskets.

I'm new to the forums and there may already be a thread explaining this. But could someone please list the specific differences in the two modes or provide a link.

I've played for around eight hours (real time) and only in survival mode. It is hard but I love it so please don't give me any tips on how to make the game easier. I wouldn't want it any harder, still haven't found an f'n axe, but I think the developers have set the default difficulty of survival perfectly. I like a challenge. Also, I've died a LOT, but I finally have a barricaded safe house. 

Thanks!