BETA BRANCH RELEASED- Steam Version

RobertJohnson

uhm...my game isn't updating...helllp please :cry:

edit: well, Steam "ASAP update" has a different idea of ASAP compared to me.

Sorry for the useless post

in ur libray rigth click on zomboid, go in property and the far rigth tab,  u can select to be in beta or not

works fine for me, playing with a few mods as well... i only play on COMPATIBILITY MODE though, it doesn't seem to work for my pc if i just click on "play game" since when i do that it opens the game's black screen and then it just disapears! just like that... without even leaving a note or anything :ph34r:

I'm running on Win XP 32-bit (all updates installed). What do I have to do to run the game? How do I run Safe Mode/Compatibility Mode? I used to be able to play the game before but with the new updates I get the black UI issue when I run ProjectZomboid32.exe and it's annoying.

I'm running on Win XP 32-bit (all updates installed). What do I have to do to run the game? How do I run Safe Mode/Compatibility Mode? I used to be able to play the game before but with the new updates I get the black UI issue when I run ProjectZomboid32.exe and it's annoying.

Is this the Steam version? If so, when you start PZ, you should be able to choose between "Play Project Zomboid", or "Safe/Compatibility Mode"

So, did you increase the possibility for a house alarm going off? It seems every outhouse or abandoned train station(!) has an alarm installed now.

Was looking for a sleeping place, I had to run away from >10 houses because of alarms going off. It was bad before, but not this bad, lol!

So, did you increase the possibility for a house alarm going off? It seems every outhouse or abandoned train station(!) has an alarm installed now.

Was looking for a sleeping place, I had to run away from >10 houses because of alarms going off. It was bad before, but not this bad, lol!

if ((!Core.GameMode.equals("LastStand")) && (rooms.size() > 2)) {    bAlarmed = (Rand.Next(7) == 0);}

This seems to be the (decompiled, could be flawed) code for alarm setting in houses, which is the same it was last build too. A major gripe I have with this is that alarms are not saved to the world files, and so reloading in a house, if you're unlucky, could result in the alarm going off even if you've already entered without one. Or at least, it's happened to me.

A random number is generated between 0 and 6. If that number is zero, the building is alarmed. So there's a 1 in 7 chance the building you're going into is alarmed. It's possible that the random number generator's seed is creating results skewed towards zero, but I don't know a whole lot about

So you could just be unlucky. :unsure:

Not sure about the unlucky thing, could be, but sometimes it seems to be more than 1/7 chance of setting off an alarm.

"A major gripe I have with this is that alarms are not saved to the world files, and so reloading in a house, if you're unlucky, could result in the alarm going off even if you've already entered without one. Or at least, it's happened to me."

This is completely true and I've had it happen to me a few times

if ((!Core.GameMode.equals("LastStand")) && (rooms.size() > 2)) {    bAlarmed = (Rand.Next(7) == 0);}

This seems to be the (decompiled, could be flawed) code for alarm setting in houses, which is the same it was last build too. A major gripe I have with this is that alarms are not saved to the world files, and so reloading in a house, if you're unlucky, could result in the alarm going off even if you've already entered without one. Or at least, it's happened to me.

A random number is generated between 0 and 6. If that number is zero, the building is alarmed. So there's a 1 in 7 chance the building you're going into is alarmed. It's possible that the random number generator's seed is creating results skewed towards zero, but I don't know a whole lot about

Hey thanks, that's very interesting. Which file was it where you found this? I really should start learning lua.

P.S. I guess I'm naturally unlucky. ^^

So, this has probably been brought up already, and maybe I'm just missing something...  But uh...

Is it just me, or are the logs/door handles/planks/hinges hard to pick up off of the ground?  Is this a bug in the beta build or just something that needs to be tweaked?  No complaints WHAT-SO-EVER!  This will be my favorite game forever <3.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to help easily pick up logs and such off of the ground, or if it's just an issue with this beta build.  ;)

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to help easily pick up logs and such off of the ground, or if it's just an issue with this beta build.   ;)

What i find that helps sometimes is to drop a item and it sometimes refreshes the ground and everything apears again.  Idealy if there is a corpse around, open it and that seems to work the best.  The other way is to exit game and reload and that seems to work for awhile.

I know im wrong here, but it seems like those items are floating sometimes and dropping a item resets it.

I hear ya tho, i go crazy trying to pick stuff up sometimes.

So, this has probably been brought up already, and maybe I'm just missing something...  But uh...

Is it just me, or are the logs/door handles/planks/hinges hard to pick up off of the ground?  Is this a bug in the beta build or just something that needs to be tweaked?  No complaints WHAT-SO-EVER!  This will be my favorite game forever <3.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to help easily pick up logs and such off of the ground, or if it's just an issue with this beta build.   ;)

there's a sweetspot right on the brighter part of the logs, right click it and you should be able to "grab log"... although it hasn't work a few times with a specific log during sometime, then after picking a few other logs i could pick up that one finally, happened twice... oh, and they don't always show up on the ground tab, and then when you pick one of them like a said above, they appear on the ground tab but if you move your char they dissapear and sometimes they dont appear no matter what,anyways, it seems pretty random to me. nothing gamebreaker though

there's a sweetspot right on the brighter part of the logs, right click it and you should be able to "grab log"... although it hasn't work a few times with a specific log during sometime, then after picking a few other logs i could pick up that one finally, happened twice... oh, and they don't always show up on the ground tab, and then when you pick one of them like a said above, they appear on the ground tab but if you move your char they dissapear and sometimes they dont appear no matter what,anyways, it seems pretty random to me. nothing gamebreaker though

oh and usually when you break a door, it drops planks, door handles and hinges. The doors handles and hinges only seem "pickupable" lol after you grabed the planks... that's one thing i noticed too, but nothing that delays me.

So, this has probably been brought up already, and maybe I'm just missing something... But uh...

Is it just me, or are the logs/door handles/planks/hinges hard to pick up off of the ground? Is this a bug in the beta build or just something that needs to be tweaked? No complaints WHAT-SO-EVER! This will be my favorite game forever <3.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to help easily pick up logs and such off of the ground, or if it's just an issue with this beta build. ;)

Immediately after cutting the tree down, without moving at all, just left-click the floor icon in the loot menu. That should refresh the menu and you will see the logs. If they go away, just click it again. I was driving myself nuts until I figured that out.

Tried it out. Very enjoyable.    Nick Sanchez the MPD officer spent a month in the south before walking up to West Point and taking up residence in one of the big suburban homes.    I like the downtown and might move there.   From a game play perspective it feels quite different and is a good addition.

What I noticed  (spoilers):

The highway had a significant amount of zombies the whole way north.   Seemed well spread around.  

I like the boxing system.   It's a small touch but adds to the atmosphere. I like fondling my boxes.

Have found boxes of nails a few times which really feels like a valuable find.   Nice touch.

New items like duct tape, glue and rope.  Lots of possibilities there.

Hammers are the new spoons.

Rich people in West Point loved alarms.

Bugs / issues:

*One of the large suburban homes in eastern muldraugh (the two story neighborhood) has some map issues upstairs.

*black marks on  tiles appear now and again.   Appears like an overlay over five or so tiles.   Doesnt affect gameplay.

*Have had some difficulty clicking on things after I scroll the zoom.    It's like you have to be at certain zooms to "grab" the click space.

*A broken weapon seems to prevent you from even rotating with the weapon.   Seems like you should still be able to spin around, just not strike.   It can be quite a disadvantage to suddenly lose the ability to turn in a fight.  At first I thought it was a mouse bug but then I saw my weapon was at 0 and changing weapons cleared it up.

*I can walk through certain large windows.  For example at the dixie trailer park's big diner.  The front windows.

*can see out of some buildings for no apparent reason.   But zeds can't seem to see in.

*Ham doesnt rot.    At least not in the first month.   Not sure if it's intentional or not.

*alarm bug is back.  Reload a save and an alarm goes off in your location.

*tearing up clothes in a container will instead tear up your worn clothes if they are of the same type.

Performance:

*  Good.  I get a rare stutter here or there and felt an FPS drop in parts of West Point.

* In five weeks of game time Ive had one crash while travelling.  No msg that I could see and I just picked up from the crash save.

i5 2500k quad core

8 gig

570 gtx

Anyway,  great stuff.   Keep up the good work.

yeah, the alarms... walked out of my house to the farming area i'd built (it was a closed rectangle with one of the walls being one of the house's wall, so that's how i got out of the house into the closed farming area) AND THE FREAKING ALARM WENT OFF WTF!??!? that was actually the first alarm trouble i got, no zeds around though, seems like i managed to clear my surroundings pretty good last night... but still, I also entered some house I looted days before and the alarm went off too, that's dissaponting, definetly and issue to be solved in future updates but i don't believe it's as urgent as them NPCs!!!!! :D lol

but seriously, the alarms should be reviewed... :ph34r:

Hey thanks, that's very interesting. Which file was it where you found this? I really should start learning lua.

P.S. I guess I'm naturally unlucky. ^^

It's in /zombie/iso/IsoMetaGrid.class. Class files can be decompiled with something like jd-gui.

Lua should be more useful for modding in the future, I hear. As it stands now if you wanted to say, fix the alarm problem, however, I don't think Lua would be useful. You'd have to modify the .class file each time a new build is released and do a lot of work moving around references.

Some bugs I've come across are:

-Doors in my safehouse being locked on reload, I'm positive I've been through them before.

-Loot randomly respawning on some houses that I've been through (same issue with locked doors on other houses that I've raided)

-A shed door magically reappeared after I chopped it down.  This happened after reload.

:D Framerates have been very smooth, even while recording.  

1st post on the forums so hi guys and thanx for a gr8 game been playing for a week or so solid now keep it up....now for the bugs...

-tomatoes, ice cream, ham and a couple others dont go rotten.

-couple buildings that dont spawn an upstairs..eg..2 house above school in westpoint have black through the windows and trying to go up the stairs results in an invisible wall.

-there is a building just south of coffee shop in westpoint (main high street) on the same row that crashes my game every time i try to go upstairs.

- not sure if its a bug but game description says zombies will always spawn on the edge of the map (which seems most realistic) but a number of times zombies have appeared INSIDE my compound with no reasonable way in.

couple of niggles...and i swear im trying to be helpful not complain :)...

-zombies are always standing around and ive never seen a migration which was in the game description....the should move more.

-i know you guys are working hard to implement them but without npcs (even just token ones that run about) the game is starting to feel kinda pointless...yeh yeh i know its about surviving but tbh if i knew i was all alone with no other survivors....mmm that bleach looks tasty.....so please give us what you got and we can help spot bugs :).

AND BIGGEST REQUEST....PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME CRAFT BEDS!!!

oh ps.....funny black lines appear occasionaly like graphics not loading on some tiles...not game breaking though.

Some issues added to my list above:

*I went on a rampage in westpoint to test zombie spawn levels.   You can really turn the place into a ghost town in terms of zombie density.   They'll still respawn but in very low numbers.   Maybe I didnt give it long enough.

*I could no longer reload any gun after a time.   Afer I noticed that I clicked on an unequipped pistol to reload it via the menu and it vanished.   That gun was around 60% hit points.    I tried loading a new gun but couldnt load that with either with the menu or "r".      Most of these bullets had been in box form at one time but not all.    This affected both shotguns and pistols after I had made about 800 kills.     ****saving the game and reloading later appears to have clear this up.

*I had some zombie pathfinding issues in west point at times.   After a hundred had been killed I found a very large group around spiffos.   They'd been called there by an alarm earlier.    They seemed unable to path to me and 95% of this group were running in place.   Then they would lose interest in the gunfire very quickly and just stand there and be shot.     Afterward a similar issue was found in other parts of town  but with lower numbers.   Sometimes they would path to me fine.   This all seemed to kick off after I started the massacre but it might also be related to the max zoom out I was using to spot enemies at that time.

Peanut butter sandwiches don't rot.  I found some in the pie shop two months into the game.

I'm pretty sure that the shelves in the West Point hardware store reset themselves.   I took all the nails and screws and several days laer there were more boxes of nails and screws.

i5 2500k quad core

8 gig

570 graphics card

Still was a lot of fun.  I think I'll wait for zombie levels to go back up before trying it out more.