BETA BRANCH RELEASED- Steam Version

RobertJohnson

Some issues added to my list above:

*I went on a rampage in westpoint to test zombie spawn levels.   You can really turn the place into a ghost town in terms of zombie density.   They'll still respawn but in very low numbers.   Maybe I didnt give it long enough.

*I could no longer reload any gun after a time.   Afer I noticed that I clicked on an unequipped pistol to reload it via the menu and it vanished.   That gun was around 60% hit points.    I tried loading a new gun but couldnt load that with either with the menu or "r".      Most of these bullets had been in box form at one time but not all.    This affected both shotguns and pistols after I had made about 800 kills.     ****saving the game and reloading later appears to have clear this up.

*I dad some zombie pathfinding issues in west point at times.   After a hundred had been killed I found a very large group around spiffos.   They'd been called there by an alarm earlier.    They seemed unable to path to me and 95% of this group were running in place.   Then they would lose interest in the gunfire very quickly and just stand there and be shot.     Afterward a similar issue was found in other parts of town  but with lower numbers.   Sometimes they would path to me fine.   This all seemed to kick off after I started the massacre but it might also be related to the max zoom out I was using to spot enemies at that time.

Peanut butter sandwiches don't rot.  I found some in the pie shop two months into the game.

I'm pretty sure that the shelves in the West Point hardware store reset themselves.   I took all the nails and screws and several days laer there were more boxes of nails and screws.

i5 2500k quad core

8 gig

570 graphics card

Still was a lot of fun.  I think I'll wait for zombie levels to go back up before trying it out more.

NGL i love this game but i think there should be a set number of zombies in the town relatively close to the population. I can understand small hordes or wandering zombies walking in from outside the map every once in a while to simulate wandering zombies from other towns. But i think there should be a set number of zombies not just random spawning ones. Or at least an option to do this under sandbox.

Keep up the good work. I cant wait untill NPCs. 

my idea would have to be this....when a zombie gets killed it immediately respawns at a random location along the very edge of the map and then attempts to path back to its original place.....would make for some interesting movement/migration, would keep the zombie level the same throughout, would give the impression of a constant zombie invasion from surrounding areas and would cause you to get constant attacks on bases in busy areas.

my idea would have to be this....when a zombie gets killed it immediately respawns at a random location along the very edge of the map and then attempts to path back to its original place.....would make for some interesting movement/migration, would keep the zombie level the same throughout, would give the impression of a constant zombie invasion from surrounding areas and would cause you to get constant attacks on bases in busy areas.

I just think that what Project Zomboid is trying to do with the REALISTIC zombie survival is being held back by spawning of zombies. If there was a definite amount with the random hordes coming in from "other towns" then it would kind of give a better goal to survive. 

Thats just what i think though.

It's in /zombie/iso/IsoMetaGrid.class. Class files can be decompiled with something like jd-gui.

Lua should be more useful for modding in the future, I hear. As it stands now if you wanted to say, fix the alarm problem, however, I don't think Lua would be useful. You'd have to modify the .class file each time a new build is released and do a lot of work moving around references.

Thanks! So most of the stuff is in java, sorry haven't looked at the files yet actually, I just heard too that the game will be moddable via lua files. Thanks also for the link to the editor, I'll play around with the files and see how much I can mess up the game. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some bugs I've come across are:

-Doors in my safehouse being locked on reload, I'm positive I've been through them before.

-Loot randomly respawning on some houses that I've been through (same issue with locked doors on other houses that I've raided)

-A shed door magically reappeared after I chopped it down.  This happened after reload.

Ran into those same bugs.

Also my Sawed-off shotgun refused to reload in the middle of combat. Well it just plain completely refused to reload no matter what, had to switch to my bat. Reloading the game allowed me to reload the "sawn off shotgun" again.

(Fun Fact: That's one of those words with 2 spelling depending if your west hemi or east hemi, but question, do east hemi peeps pronounce it "Sawn" or "Sawed"?)

Also Alarms are going off in houses I've already triggered them in after reloads.

Was the game-breaking stair glitch fixed? Haven't run into it "yet" thankfully.

Hello,

After update the game does not start! Please advice.

Just looks like loading and then nothing happens, I did verification of files, found 1 file failed steam reloaded it, still game not working.

UPDATE

Ok, if some one will need this, I deleted game complettely, then reinstalled. Now works.

Anyone else finding it difficult to figure out when/if this mondoid update  thing is happening or has happened?

it seems like theres no clear post anywhere saying, yep its updated. 

also, lack of any obvious version number available on the game makes figuring out what version your running, you know, for update and bug report stuff.

(steam doesn't really tell you when its last updated something so unless its stated by the developers and stuff its hard to tell :<  )

Anyone else finding it difficult to figure out when/if this mondoid update  thing is happening or has happened?

also, lack of any obvious version number available on the game makes figuring out what version your running, you know, for update and bug report stuff.

(steam doesn't really tell you when its last updated something so unless its stated by the developers and stuff its hard to tell :<  )

No its not updated.

In the main menu at the bottom right is the version number

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3430-beta-branch-upcoming/

Devs update the changelog everytime when they have new stuff to show.  In fact RJ (he's a dev) said they hit a lil snag in internal testing and the release is taking a tad longer then anticipated...

I don't get it man, your smart enough to find the release thread but you couldn't see the post about the upcoming release directly next to it?  My point being once that thread changes from upcoming to released, that would be a good time to think your game is updated.