Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

3 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Yuri will be delighted...

Does it at least happens less often than it used to?

Well what i can tell is each game this happens to me, so i would say no :/ i can't really tell more because it happens randomly :( but it seems like it stays shorter than before.

Edited by NagashUD

We are struggling to recreate the 'stuck in walking animation' bug in Vehicles Build 17.

If it's something that's happening to you regularly, then could you possibly do us a favour and capture it on video?

We are aware people have got vids of it previously, but we specifically need to see it in the latest build.

On 21/08/2017 at 9:09 PM, Notas said:

I just updated to the new version in steam, deactivated all mods and started a new solo game with vehicles. After maybe 2 minutes, I started getting these "JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer" messages. It was maybe once every 30 seconds. But sometimes, once every 10 seconds and every time, it would hang for 1-2s. Can I help you in any way to help fix this bug?

We also need to know more from people who get stutters and hangs with the Vehicles Build.

Please note: this is not general 'poor FPS' [which we can and will improve later down the line] but unplayable, regular stalls in the game.

If you get this then a video would be super-handy, and we'll also need to know:

1. What's your graphics adapter(s)?
  2. Is it laptop or desktop?
  3. Did previous vehicle builds lag for you?

10 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

We are struggling to recreate the 'stuck in walking animation' bug in Vehicles Build 17.

If it's something that's happening to you regularly, then could you possibly do us a favour and capture it on video?

We are aware people have got vids of it previously, but we specifically need to see it in the latest build.

I don't know will it be useful, but i remember that i caused this bug by changing ghost mode in cheatmenu ( on - off ). 

On 8/25/2017 at 5:31 PM, Batsphinx said:

We also need to know more from people who get stutters and hangs with the Vehicles Build.

Video, recording process makes freezing way worse than it is when not recording but it's simmilar. When not recording it just happens less frequently. Perhaps this has less to do with GPU and more to do with HD Read/Write?

Intel HD 2000 or 3000
Desktop

I think previous Builds had this but it was less visible and less annoying, then again I did have a better GPU then.

Spoiler

Fought to prison armory,  liberated it. Took all the ammo to my cop car below. Brought it back to base. Went scavenging, car was gone :'(

Do the cars decay after being damaged to a certain point? My client started to stutter after this. 

I'm on an i7 system, windows 10, gtx 780, 16gb ram 

In multiplayer with 2 friends, with vehicles enabled via the server config file:

-If you apply the survival presets, there wil be almost 0 loot on the hardware store and food market, but specially on the hardware store. Loot was all set to normal, except for weapons that were set to rare. Happened multiple times with no mods

-We spent a few hours looting West Point and putting everything into 2 cars we stole from a parking lot, then we headed to Mccoy Logging Co. While on the road, one of us took an abandoned sports car and put some loot on it.

-Once we arrived to a Mccoy Logging Co. to grab some logs, there was no loot in the trunk of the sports car. We lost a lot of seeds

-We were heading to Rosewood Prison after that, and when we were about 5 blocks form it, suddenly the ingame chat stopped working and none of us could use the cars anymore. They said via steam chat that they couldn't drive anymore. My game was like frozen, I couldn't do anything, not even getting out of the car. They were able to exit their cars before quitting

-Once the admin restarted the server and we connected again, the three cars were gone

On 8/25/2017 at 7:59 AM, Batsphinx said:

I am getting the 'stuck in walking animation' quite a lot in vehicle test.  I get it without going near or touching cars quite often.  The most frequent instance seems to be if I go to device options on a TV and click 'turn off'.  There is sometimes a little delay, (I believe it's deciding I'm not close enough and about to path me over) and if I move during this time I'll be stuck in the walking animation.   I'll try to record it.

I am also getting stuttering.  It's on-again-off again, but seems to be triggered by moving through a bunch of cells quickly in the car.  It will get to the point that I will get a half-to-full-second pause roughly each house as I drive down the street.   

This is at 2560x1440 on a GTX980 (Desktop, i7-4790k, 32GB).  I can maintain 60fps in other circumstances.    I can't speak to whether it happened in previous builds, I'm totally new to PZ.

For context, I was driving from https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.15665619241508036,0.1522482943138989,178.32200896511995 to https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.15094786038360508,0.13605264592322194,165.888  I went north then west passing through the residential neighborhood.  The spawns were not big, with mostly groups of 3 wandering around.  The stuttering happened both on my drive there (which was first time uncovering the map) and on the way home (next game morning, same play session).  

So The stuttering lag i was receiving has died down a bit when i select the 64x launcher, This is also with no mods added, now the more mods i add the slow motion like lag returns even though these mods shouldent effect the game play since they arnt major overhaul just small things such as the pump power mod, or extra traits. luckily Hydrocraft (when selected as the only mod added) cause no additional lag. But i did have issues while trying to run the all in one map pack (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953754828) It' seems to get stuck loading a new game. Also just so you know i do not used the survivors mod, most of my mods are small things other than Hydrocraft, The all in one map pack, and more building. The more mods i add it gets slower (which is expected but on the regular IWBUMS i have no lag problems with all mods added, only on the vehicle branch) While driving cars there engine audio sounds like a total mess, very choppy and scrambled sounding, and driving the car itself seems very laggy.

My hardwear specs are as follows. Graphics card : Nividia 840M With 2Gig VRAM,     Intel Core i7 - 4510U 2.00GHz with turbo boost to 3.0GHz,     16Gig DDR RAM,     HDD 1TB, and my CPU is a laptop.

I hope you guys solve the lag issues, its running better than the last vehicle build though, but im still hitting that slow motion lag, just not the actual stopping every 2 seconds which is good.

Edited by Man_In_The_Purple_Hat

19 hours ago, mdlman said:

I am getting the 'stuck in walking animation' quite a lot in vehicle test.  I get it without going near or touching cars quite often.  The most frequent instance seems to be if I go to device options on a TV and click 'turn off'.  There is sometimes a little delay, (I believe it's deciding I'm not close enough and about to path me over) and if I move during this time I'll be stuck in the walking animation.   I'll try to record it.

Ok, so I managed to repro this right after spawn without leaving the first house.  Unfortunately I didn't expect it where I got it so I didn't record what happened.  I can't imagine that a video of my character shuffling after the fact is helpful.

(1) Spawn.

(2) Looted kitchen (can't imagine it's part of repro but you never know)

(3) Walked to bedroom.

(4) Clicked 'remove curtains'

At this point my character stood there like an idiot for a half-second and I assumed that I failed to actually click the button.  So, I right-click again and select remove curtains.  Again my character stands there.  Note that I am not AT the window but in the same room.  My character would have to path to the curtains.

I -think- this may go in tandem with the stuttering we're seeing in vehicle test 17.  When I am not driving but running I still get pauses.  Full on stoppage of the game for small amounts of time (fraction of a second, far less than when driving the car).  

My theory is as follows:

(1)  The stuttering is constant and only rises to the level of a pause with increasingly fast motion.  However, I suspect there is something there constantly.  I get those moments as above where I'm sure I clicked a menu item and it didn't take.  I ran on stable for a little while and didn't seem to feel this (only played that character for 15m or so to test this out)

(2)  If you select a menu item that requires pathing right when a stutter starts you'll experience that pause where your character does nothing.

(3) Select same menu-item again (or maybe any right-click that requires pathing?) during that pause, and now your character is confused.  You will be in a walk animation and will be unable to perform right-click actions (remove bandage, etc). You can still move around. I have been able to break out of this by selecting a spot right next to me where I don't actually have to path and clicking 'walk to' from the context menu.  Foot shuffling stops and I can continue playing the game.  This breaking-out of the shuffling with a simple walk-to (no other right-click item seems to work in this state) paired with it always seeming to be triggered by an action that requires my character to pathfind points an accusing finger :)

On 03/06/2017 at 10:57 AM, Menoxz said:

No one else having the pour into bug? Can't pour water into my watering can, only works if the container contains already fluid
1496480116836 STACK TRACE
1496480116836 -----------------------------------------
1496480116836 function: createMenu -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 567
1496480116836 function: onRightMouseUp -- file: ISInventoryPane.lua line # 1137
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object tried to call nil in createMenu
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:949)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1817)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:77)
        at zombie.ui.UIElement.onRightMouseUp(UIElement.java:1198)
        at zombie.ui.UIElement.onRightMouseUp(UIElement.java:1160)
        at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1208)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:615)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1275)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1051)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
1496480244055 -----------------------------------------
1496480244055 STACK TRACE
1496480244055 -----------------------------------------
1496480244055 function: createMenu -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 567
1496480244055 function: onRightMouseUp -- file: ISInventoryPane.lua line # 1137

here is the fix https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/tracker/issue/947--{?}/#comment-3358

Edited by -Speedy

12 hours ago, mdlman said:

Ok, so I managed to repro this right after spawn without leaving the first house.  Unfortunately I didn't expect it where I got it so I didn't record what happened.  I can't imagine that a video of my character shuffling after the fact is helpful.

(1) Spawn.

(2) Looted kitchen (can't imagine it's part of repro but you never know)

(3) Walked to bedroom.

(4) Clicked 'remove curtains'

At this point my character stood there like an idiot for a half-second and I assumed that I failed to actually click the button.  So, I right-click again and select remove curtains.  Again my character stands there.  Note that I am not AT the window but in the same room.  My character would have to path to the curtains.

I -think- this may go in tandem with the stuttering we're seeing in vehicle test 17.  When I am not driving but running I still get pauses.  Full on stoppage of the game for small amounts of time (fraction of a second, far less than when driving the car).  

My theory is as follows:

(1)  The stuttering is constant and only rises to the level of a pause with increasingly fast motion.  However, I suspect there is something there constantly.  I get those moments as above where I'm sure I clicked a menu item and it didn't take.  I ran on stable for a little while and didn't seem to feel this (only played that character for 15m or so to test this out)

(2)  If you select a menu item that requires pathing right when a stutter starts you'll experience that pause where your character does nothing.

(3) Select same menu-item again (or maybe any right-click that requires pathing?) during that pause, and now your character is confused.  You will be in a walk animation and will be unable to perform right-click actions (remove bandage, etc). You can still move around. I have been able to break out of this by selecting a spot right next to me where I don't actually have to path and clicking 'walk to' from the context menu.  Foot shuffling stops and I can continue playing the game.  This breaking-out of the shuffling with a simple walk-to (no other right-click item seems to work in this state) paired with it always seeming to be triggered by an action that requires my character to pathfind points an accusing finger :)

Same thing happened to me too. Was in multiplayer with my friends. One of them experienced lags. Suddenly I can't see them in the game. All the progress we did was lost. All loot was put on reset. The walls we built were gone. Kind of frustrating. It's hard to be a carpenter. All the planks gone. Effort and hours to build nice base gone.

Edited by dma_1987

55 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Is that Muldraugh or March Ridge?

They don't spawn for me either, no matter if I tick the Vehicles box or not. I can spawn one manually though so it's not like they got removed from the build.

VehicleZones file seems to be missing from Muldraugh. That's probably the reason.

Then again they don't Spawn in West Point either and that has the zones placed correctly.

Edited by Svarog