General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

• 2 weeks later...

Getting into animation stuff (again). Gonna try and be a bit more serious with it; don't know how long it'll last. :'3;;

anim_2_wip_by_freejayfly-d7as4kv.gif

anim_1_wip_by_freejayfly-d7as212.gif

That's really good, I've been doing animation in college and all of my stuff is crappy little flash things with barely any physics involved, yet here you've got lip movement, head turning and a bit of a bouncing chest there too.  (fedora)

Fedora hat to you sir!

Getting into animation stuff (again). Gonna try and be a bit more serious with it; don't know how long it'll last. :'3;;

[Gifs]

That's really good, I've been doing animation in college and all of my stuff is crappy little flash things with barely any physics involved, yet here you've got lip movement, head turning and a bit of a bouncing chest there too.  (fedora)

Fedora hat to you sir!

Thank you! ; v ;

I actually wanted to go to school for animation, though a lot of my plans never fell through for it due to having to deal with other things. :'D;; I'm self-taught and reference heavily from other animation and live action stuff. A lot of my inspiration comes from Ravietta and sykosan, not to mention the sheer want and desire to bring my characters to life. :'D But overall, animation has been a very big thing that I've wanted to do -- career-wise -- and I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish so far. ; v ;

[Gifs]

Fedora hat to you sir!

Thank you! ; v ;

I actually wanted to go to school for animation, though a lot of my plans never fell through for it due to having to deal with other things. :'D;; I'm self-taught and reference heavily from other animation and live action stuff. A lot of my inspiration comes from Ravietta and sykosan, not to mention the sheer want and desire to bring my characters to life. :'D But overall, animation has been a very big thing that I've wanted to do -- career-wise -- and I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish so far. ; v ;

Ehh, sometimes the best way to learn is from yourself as you might find an easier way of doing things that most 'professionally' taught animators/programmers do, whilst certainly with a larger learning curve it's all still very good as I imagine mentioning that your animation techniques and skills are self-taught might look good on the CV, too.

Decided to add hair to the animation I was working on for better practise purposes. Have to work on the flow a little more, though I'm pretty happy with the progress thus far. Also added more frames to mouth movement since the last time I posted anything. |D;

tumblr_n2qgj4SVXC1r3xitzo2_1280.gif

If there's one thing I'd have to say I'm a bit iffy on, it's their chin.. Maybe it's just the perspective but the chin just seems a little too forward/jutting out?

I dunno.

The chin isn't the problem... I think it is the jar line that extends a bit too far back^^

I mean, it should end at the ear and not go beyond it :)

A lot of it is just for getting the basic motion of what's going on for now. :'D Hence why her ear also disappears after a moment. Once I get to actually lining it for real and making it less... wobbly? I'll definitely be drawing in the jawline as it should appear. ; v ; Thanks for the feedback as well! I'm not sure how long I'll be working on this project, since it was spur of the moment -- though I will post more WIPs as time goes on.

What kinda algorithm did you use for randomizing the spawns?

You mean to decide which pieces to spawn and what colors they should have? The picking itself is nothing too elaborate. Basically it is nothing more than picking random number values from a table. I use those values to index other tables which hold the actual information (like the actual shape).

Not sure whether serious reboot or just troll e.e

Why would I be trolling? ^^ It is a fully functional game.

I'm loving the 3d models!

Also spaaaaaahs. But I made it on Construct because I'm lazy and haven't learned any coding yet. :P

Tbh I don't think it is important how you did something as long as you get stuff done :) The particle effects look very very nice.

Thanks, I find art incredibly frustrating though because because my ability to transfer depth and proportion into some form of 2D art is... well, non-existent, pretty much. Everything I experiment with has a very flat appearance.

And yeah, that's the approach I've sorta adopted but that's starting to run dry, since I've played around with non-coding tools for a few years and I want to expand into other areas like Unity. :)