Sub Forums for suggestions

Spracky

This has been suggested (many) times in the past, and usually comes to the conclusion that-

1) It will just create more 'wrong' places for newbies to post their ideas/suggestions/topics in

2) It would result in even more 'inactive' (or less-active, depending on where you primarily mingle) sub-forums

3) Posts with multiple suggestions within them (yes, it is much preferred that you make a single post with all your 'great' ideas within, rather than 50 consecutive one-liners) would no longer have a 'correct' place

In short, although it seems like a 'golden bullet' solution to repeated suggestions, necro'd posts, and digging through the haystack for the needle, it is much more likely to result in greater confusion, apprehension for newbies, and general tumbleweed in at least one of those sub-forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, no . . . How To Write A Good Suggestion [Read Before Posting] is pinned right where's always been.

And frankly, if you can't take the ridiculousness of the suggestions forum, I suggest it's time to take a break. You do it no favors by proposing strict posting guidelines for what is a forum for people to ask for the things they'd like to see in the game.

You'd have them excluded simply because their ideas are not presented well, because they do not necessarily take advantage of the forum software, or have the moderating team categorize them all.

It isn't happening for all the reasons RealKeeper mentioned.

A name change to a thread won't make a difference anyway, people usually skip a lot of pinned topics around here. Some read, some don't. It's just the nature of it, and you only hear from the people who don't read the thread in these cases rather than those who do.

people should really tag their suggestions properly

And ready the bloody rules as well as the confirmed or denied.

I have read the confirmed/denied list over three times, no where can my suggestion be found.

people should really tag their suggestions properly

And ready the bloody rules as well as the confirmed or denied.

I have read the confirmed/denied list over three times, no where can my suggestion be found.

oh sorry not talking about your post. i meant all the new people. sorry for the confusion.

A name change to a thread won't make a difference anyway, people usually skip a lot of pinned topics around here. Some read, some don't. It's just the nature of it, and you only hear from the people who don't read the thread in these cases rather than those who do.

ok. i felt it would have made a small difference but if you say so i guess it wont.

Yeah, no . . . How To Write A Good Suggestion [Read Before Posting] is pinned right where's always been.

And frankly, if you can't take the ridiculousness of the suggestions forum, I suggest it's time to take a break. You do it no favors by proposing strict posting guidelines for what is a forum for people to ask for the things they'd like to see in the game.

You'd have them excluded simply because their ideas are not presented well, because they do not necessarily take advantage of the forum software, or have the moderating team categorize them all.

It isn't happening for all the reasons RealKeeper mentioned.

also its not that i need a break its when i don't comment on anything for a few days i always see a few repeats of things from new people so i get annoyed, post take another break and the process repeats.. sorry if this has become a problem since i figured others where getting annoyed along with me. my apologies and i will try to deal with this.

also its not that i need a break its when i don't comment on anything for a few days i always see a few repeats of things from new people so i get annoyed, post take another break and the process repeats.. sorry if this has become a problem since i figured others where getting annoyed along with me. my apologies and i will try to deal with this.

nothing you can do about it man, i used to be the same way, as did Migualo.

people will post where ever they think is appropriate, all we can do is Be Lovely and try to steer them in the right direction.

it's hard sometimes, tis true. but for all the people we have tried to help, and perhaps been frustrated by, imagine how much the awesome staff has dealt with in the original forum, and in this forum as well.

we're lucky, we have one of the best forums around. lets just enjoy and welcome the new guys.....even when they make a small mistake here and there. better to have that happen than for the forum to not get any new guys at all

nothing you can do about it man, i used to be the same way, as did Migualo.

people will post where ever they think is appropriate, all we can do is Be Lovely and try to steer them in the right direction.

it's hard sometimes, tis true. but for all the people we have tried to help, and perhaps been frustrated by, imagine how much the awesome staff has dealt with in the original forum, and in this forum as well.

we're lucky, we have one of the best forums around. lets just enjoy and welcome the new guys.....even when they make a small mistake here and there. better to have that happen than for the forum to not get any new guys at all

if you have ever seen my on my posts when someone just joins you see i try to welcome with open arms. I will strive to do better. My only goal is to help this forum grow better as a whole as well as improve the game (if any of my ideas ever make it.) still hope to help and have been working on a multitude of ideas as well. But anyways, we should probably get back on topic instead of making this a personal chat room. (do those even exist anymore.)