What name do you usually use for your RPG characters?

ethanwdp

I usually go with Satan, because it makes dialogue hilarious.

Things like:

"The holy hero, Satan, must go and purge the land of evil!"

"In this will, I leave my farm to Satan."

"Satan, you're so nice! Thank you for helping me!"

"BlandSidekick#2 joined Satan!"

"Satan, could you please go out and fetch my milk?"

"How are you today, Satan?"

For Pokemon, I use "Hey, he" or "Wow, he".

Wow, he sends Pikachu ! (for the nth time...), Wow, he fell asleep ! Hey, he wants to fight ! Wow, he is evolving ! Wow, he isn't evolving anymore !

Makes it look like the narrator is really easily impressed by everything :lol:

Its a strange thing but I've noticed that many RPGs are better designed for playing as female characters either because they have unique dialogue choices (e.g Fallout games with the Black Widow perk) or because the character creation process is more balanced (e.g Skyrim where a guy will have more HP but the gal will have more Magic regen).

I usually go with Amidala as it unconciously forces me to buy fabulous hats or hairstyles or Keepbrosius

It heavily depends on the type of game I'm playing.

For most games, I usually go with whatever the game offers as a name, especially in the Final Fantasy series and similiar games. Same for Mass Effect, my characters are just John and Jane Shephard. You get the idea.

For others (PZ :-)) I just hit the random button, if it's available.

If I really have to chose my own name I usually go by Toluravuv Rocco, Tolu for short. It's a name you can tack on to pretty much any character and any race. I got it generated some way on Seventh Sanctum and have been using it anywhere from Sci-Fi browser games to PZ to Forums.

I have a group of go to names. Tooks being one of them obviously.

For male I like to go with Alistar or Karstan, Female ones are usually Aiyana or Estellese

For a while I ran around with characters named Eman Ruoy (read that one backwards :P)

Right now i'm playing FFXIV as one of those tiny lalafel races and his names Pip

Tomwa.

I usually play as male characters, if I've beaten the game as a male character and I'm just derping around (e.g. Skyrim) then I'll play with a female character because they're more fun to look at (especially true of MMORPGs).

Its a strange thing but I've noticed that many RPGs are better designed for playing as female characters either because they have unique dialogue choices (e.g Fallout games with the Black Widow perk) or because the character creation process is more balanced (e.g Skyrim where a guy will have more HP but the gal will have more Magic regen).

I usually go with Amidala as it unconciously forces me to buy fabulous hats or hairstyles or Keepbrosius

I thought Fallout:New Vegas had a male version of the black widow perk?

Anyways, I usually go with the name Shrooms because it's fun to say

Lady killer maybe?

Lady killer maybe?

And Confirmed Bachelor, but theres arguably more uses for Black Widow than any of the others.

Things like:

Hahaha I think I saw you in one of the Zomboid servers. Definitely easy recall because I felt weird saying "Satan is in West Point" "Satan says he will bring you some water" "Satan where are you?"

Things like:

Hahaha I think I saw you in one of the Zomboid servers. Definitely easy recall because I felt weird saying "Satan is in West Point" "Satan says he will bring you some water" "Satan where are you?"

I don't think that was me. I usually just use the name "ethanwdp" for multiplayer, and I don't play it that often :P

Things like:

I don't think that was me. I usually just use the name "ethanwdp" for multiplayer, and I don't play it that often :P

Aww must be another Satan then. It was Enigma's Spiffo Easy server. :(

Things like:

Aww must be another Satan then. It was Enigma's Spiffo Easy server. :(

Or the real Satan was just letting off some steam and relaxing with a good game of zombies... wait... O__O

This is really the hardest thing for me to do in  RPGs...

First I stat out with a name and based on how the name sounds, I make up scenarios about their personalities and life... I wasted about 30 min just trying to rename my guy in Chrono Cross O__O

So I just go with Seth... no last name... now I just use people's names from my favorite crime shows... Even went with Mark Harmon one time O__O

That's the funniest thing i've ever heard. Anyway according to the actual question, I'd use...well... Name. The name of my character would be Name. "Name is evolving!" "Nice to meet you, Name." . Makes it sound weird XD.

Archived