Why are out there so many PvE only Server ?

Painkins

This is an survival game not Sims or Minecraft.

Grieving is part of the game.

Kill other people is part of the game.

I am sick of Servers that only kill Zombies and has deactivate fire and stuff.

why cant anyone play in default rules.Like in SP Mode?

Because people host and play on the servers they want to. Luckily, you can host your own server if you don't find one that caters to your own whims. But, as EG says, you really can't tell people how to play the game- they're going to do it how they want to at the end of the day.

Than this Game become like Minecraft in MP

everything that hurt you is disable and its not an real survivals game any more.

Than this Game become like Minecraft in MP

everything that hurt you is disable and its not an real survivals game any more.

Because its more realistic than KOS in DayZ

melle pvp is rysky, you might kill the guy and then die coz of wounds.

shooting is effective only when you got some skill points in it. that takes time to lvl up and find gun/ammo.

the risk of loosing character is too big. a few hours of lvlin might be gone in 30s pvp action and the reward is just some loot.

i personally preffer to team up. more people the faster we scavenge, we have more items and are able to survive longer.

I never accept pve only server its for kids.

Okay?

Great thread then :P

People like something you don't. Fair game, don't you think?

Do you know the series The Walking Dead ?

i like the "Governor"  evil for one group nice for an nother group.

Its realistik that not anyone in an zombie acapolypse is nice to eatch other.

I'm about to build a server pc/ workstation, waiting on the parts. Should be more then enough for decent amount of ppl.

8 core cpu

8 gb of ram

12mb/s up speed

Would like to try making a no gm server with pvp and somewhat tough zombies. (I my self will play with a group of friends).

I never accept pve only server its for kids.

The point people are trying to get through to you here is that you enjoy the game in one way, and that is OK. Other people enjoy the game in another way, and that is OK too. You don't get to tell them how to enjoy the game, and they don't get to tell you how to enjoy the game.

As an extension of that, when people take the effort to run and maintain servers, they also get to decide how the game should be played on their server. Even if you don't like it, you don't get to tell them they're playing the game "wrong". Your way of enjoying the game is exactly as valid as theirs. If you want to play the game differently, then you can run your own server, or hope someone who thinks exactly like you will do so one day.

Fine if you really want to kill people in PVE you can lure a hoard of zombies to follow you to their base then break open a window and run through their base leading to their death -evil laughter-

Edit: You may die in the process but worth it.

Edit 2: This is the only work around unless like you build up 3 stories and destroy the floor underneath them (so evil) so that they fall to their deaths

edit3: I read the title and I know this isn't what you wanted but it will have to do.

I play PVE on zomboid, or at least not KOS. If I want endless deathmatch action I'd turn my Xbox one on. Not everyone enjoys taking the time to read skill books and nurture their character just for a hobo with a shotgun to wipe their progress shooting them in the back with no warning.

EDIT

Oh and I'm 26, before the pve is for kids argument resurfaces :)

This is why there are so many PVE servers out there.  there is a big difference between PVP and Griefing and that's the attitude that even turns true PVP'ers off.

A good PVP game is wonderful, and can really add to the whole survival story BUT when you add trolling and griefing into the mix it loses the whole survival or game play aspect.  Griefing is not survival its just an attempt to ruin the game for everyone else playing so people would rather just play pve and co-op the game.   There are great PVP servers out there but they are not public because its hard to have a public PVP server up and running and really play a PVP game without trolls and griefers taking the fun out of it.

This is an survival game not Sims or Minecraft.

Grieving is part of the game.

Kill other people is part of the game.

I am sick of Servers that only kill Zombies and has deactivate fire and stuff.

why cant anyone play in default rules.Like in SP Mode?

Zomboid doesn't have any pvp servers. If somebody tells you it does, spit in their face. 

Only PVE and stupid RPPvP, which is the "you kill me I tell the admin to ban you" thing

spit in their face.

geez.

there are in fact PVP servers, but you wont find them on the public server list in the game.

as was already written by Pamdun right above your post,   "There are great PVP servers out there but they are not public because its hard to have a public PVP server up and running and really play a PVP game without trolls and griefers taking the fun out of it."

get it now? this has already been covered in this thread, but the person who took the time to get the server running is the one who decides what type of server it is. if i decided to run a PVP server, no way in hell would i list it publicly. i watch a lot of Twitch streams, i see the nonsense people do on a server that is listed. KOS, burning everything down, stealing peoples stuff, the infamous spawn house snipers.....Etc

you want to play on a PVP server? set it up yourself and make your rules. once you do, make a thread here to announce it and let people join. or else try the different streaming sites and see if you can find one there.

Archived