Resident Evil / Biohazard Map Project

Japer

Resident Evil's Raccoon City

This map is created along side it's corresponding mod

I will be re-creating Racoon City based on the game series, it will feature many different 'landmark' buildings such as the mansion, police station, clock tower etc. Some locations from the movies e.g The Hive may be implemented, so if there's anything you would like to see, feel free to suggest putting them in.

Here is my progress so far;

Full Scale Map - The map is currently 1200 x 900 pixels, that is 4 x 3 game cells

HZEpFED.jpg

Spencer Mansion

nQcUn8d.jpg

Raccoon Police Department (RPD)
KBeGm7a.jpg

Kendo's Gun Shop

oUd66e5.jpg

RE3 Start Warehouse

49WbVN0.jpg

RE3 Bar Jack (Bar Where You Meet Brad)

rZYem0T.jpg

Stagla Gas Station (Waiting on custom signs + detail to be added in tiled)

DqkpA3x.jpg

Will update this when I do each new area, so please give some feedback on what you think so far as I will continue to work on this regularly.

Up Next;
- Spencer Mansion exterior buildings (Guardhouse, lab etc)
- Racoon City Police Department (RPD)

- Kendo's Gun Shop
- Hospitals, schools etc

Ideally this will slowly piece together to create one large recreation or Racoon City, and if anyone is a fan of the series and would like to help out with ideas, mapping, sprites etc feel free to pm me.

Some misc. houses;

More variations coming soon

Old Fashioned Style Home

DHqLR7i.jpg

Modern Style Home

Ct3F3U1.jpg

Family Home With Conservatory + Playroom

fRnwzq0.jpg

Basic Home With Conservatory + Bar

mSWsU5f.jpg

There will be a Spiffo hunt, where you must find hidden Spiffos throughout the map, and we can see who can find the most. Some will be a bit of a challange to find, and if you remember any hidden areas from the original games then you should find them with no problems.

No! *pause* Don't open that door!

Off topic your avatar makes me feel slightly uneasy, I'm not sure why.

On Topic:

"That was TOO close. You were almost a Jill sandwich."

Off topic:

He's eating butter. Its a gif representation of your average PZ character. But yes it is also sort of inappropriate :D

On topic:

But Chris is... *pause* ...*gun shot*... *drama*

No! *pause* Don't open that door!

Off topic your avatar makes me feel slightly uneasy, I'm not sure why.

On Topic:

"That was TOO close. You were almost a Jill sandwich."

Off topic:

He's eating butter. Its a gif representation of your average PZ character. But yes it is also sort of inappropriate :D

On topic:

But Chris is... *pause* ...*gun shot*... *drama*

:evil:  My favorite part of The Lorax.Anyways I'll be keeping an eye on this for my User Created Lots

I remember this has been done in 1.5 or something :D

But yeah, amazing, I do love RE and can't wait to see Racoon city (but yeah, Spiffo City is much more an awesome name... Specially because Spiffo is a Racoon... COINCIDENCE ? I'm not sure... Specially if you count the "o" in Racoon AND Spiffo, there's 3... HL3 CONFIRMED GUYS !) in game :D

I do like the idea of Spiffo city, also, there was one of the more recent RES games where you had to go around finding racoons as a treasure trail, so I think I shall put Spiffos hidden throughout the area, so you may or may not find them.

When NPCs are released i'll look into doing a campaign for it, and who knows what else could be done with it, the Mansion is due for completion by the end of the week end, so I will try and get that publicly available for testing.

I'm assuming you're doing resident evil the game; I'd love to see a version for the first movie, too.

I'd love to see that too.

Good work so far.

The limitation to that is, we cannot do underground floors (as far as Im aware) but I don't see any reason why it can't be an above ground hidden tower in Spiffo *cough* I mean Racoon City

As promised, I have released a playable version of the mansion. Full information and installation instructions supplied with the download. Please check the bugs section of the read me before posting any bugs and please give feedback on your overall thoughts and ideas of my progress so far.

Whaoou ! Looks very good !

I could not play to RE 1 when the game came, so I don't know very well the story but there is not the secret subway too in the game ? (like in the movie I mean)

And the big secret complex lab who is undeground, is there in the game or not ?

The game is a lot different from the movie, the game is primarily the mansion whereas the movie is the hive beneath the mansion. Ideally if/when underground levels are possible I will combine them both together. So far what you see in the images is what I have done

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...