More varied enemies!

Lamenuit

More varied enemies!

It is true that the zombies, it's nice, but overall, when you know're doing, you survive.

Zombies are great! But why not add in a truly exceptional and very rare way other types of zombies?

Imagine, all dogs left without their masters, these dogs began to eat the corpses of zombies. At first, there was no big change in them, but because you did eat of nothing else, these dogs are also turning into a zombie. Faster and move into a form of pack slightly more organized than the human zombies, dogs can easily catch a survivor. Their weak point is that the zombies dogs are also more fragile and easier to kill.

591343Projectzomboidmaj1.png

Now, I have noticed that in the forest or in the vicinity of the houses forest is little zombie, it happens when a zombie arise by woods and comes to bite you. But it soon destroyed. Imagine you now .... You've managed to find yourself a quiet corner, or you grow your own vegetables, unfortunately, a bear zombie you spot! Tougher, stronger and more aggressive, even if it is always alone, it is difficult to kill, but also very slow.

286699PZide10.png

In another situation, you thought you were quiet in this small house with your girlfriend ... Well no ... A terrible zombie bears are walking in the corner with your stick, you have more chance that your friend face this muscle mass rotting ...

535957PZide9.png

Thank you for reading, hope I am quite understandable.

Haha, these pics are great! :D Especially love the first bear one.

However, this suggestion is something that will not be happening in zomboid and it's been explicitly said by the design that there will be no animal or strong/fast/exploding etc. zombies. The fear of zombies is just in the fact there are masses of them.

I can totally see that the current gameplay might not be sufficiently challenging, but there are more subtle and immersive ways of doing them than this.

I would actually love to bump to a real bear and try to take it down with the rifle.

Indeed, the no-zombified animals even could be really good. Alor but requires that even animals herbivores, defend themselves against the survivors.

Boars, pounce on survivors, deer fuieraient quickly while deer could attack players!

944412freeprojectzomboidhddesktopwallpap

It also seems important to me that zombies can attack living animals and devour them. Thus, the survivors will return in rivalry with the zombies for food.

Already thank you!

If animals are not zombified, is not very important. But against it is true that it would be really fun to fight against bears, wild boar or a pack of wild dogs!

But also to cross dead animals is eaten by zombies!

This again makes it more alive ProjectZomboid Finally, this is only my humble opinion.

i doubt that a zombie could actually kill an animal, strictly because of the way wild animals tend to avoid human contact. if you can't get close enough to touch the animal, how will you kill it?

i may be wrong of course, but i would imagine just the sheer stench of a zombie would probably keep animals from coming near a zombie. plus the noises, and the way they tend to group up.

Deer often cramp up after prolonged running and running when it is very cold. With enough zombies around them and a long enough wandering after a deer it could feasibly go down I suppose. It would be rather rare I'd assume, would probably be a bunch of zombies following a deer and getting distracted by you more than actually catching up I suppose.

Yes, I quite agree, a wild animal would rarely caught by a zombie, but it is possible.

Imagine a bear, which is not very fast to be attacked by a horde of zombies, the time can be quite overwhelming. This is the number that would make the zombies eventually kill a large prey, or simply end up in a catch.

The reverse would also be likely, a horde of wild dogs devouring a single zombie.

darn you, now i have to know the top speed, and general info on the bear most likely to be found in Kentucky

Range: The American black bear is found only in North America.  The population is estimated at 750,000.   They live in forests as far south as Florida and northern Mexico and as far north as forests grow in Alaska and Canada.  In northern Labrador, where grizzly bears no longer live, black bears range out onto open tundra where there are no trees to escape into

Running Speed: Lean bears can exceed 30 mph.  Can run uphill, downhill, or on level ground.  Fat bears in winter coats overheat and tire quickly. http://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/basic-bear-facts/168-quick-black-bear-facts.html

Hearing: Exceeds human frequency ranges and probably twice the sensitivity.

Smelling: Their smelling ability is extremely good.  The limits are untested.  Their nasal mucosa area is about 100 times larger than in humans.   

with this small sampling of bear knowledge, actually shooting one in the game should be pretty damn hard.

The enemy can be many. For example, if you leave too much body to your home, it may attract wild dogs, but crows, very aggressive. It could also attack the very injured players, or friends, freshly dead!

1 shot kill them, but they would be quick and agile, so hard to kill! In addition, their cry attract zombies!

634953ProjectZomboidide13.png

Feral animals? Oh yus. Getting chased into a house by a barking mass of starved canines is bad enough, but when the noise they're putting off calls in some extra company...

It might sound stupid(ish), but insect life could be interesting to add in. Cockroaches and weevils getting into your food supply, bugs eating your crops, and clouds of mosquitoes keeping you away from the marshy bits of the river in summer. At the end of the day, you can see a bear and run away from it, but the small invaders munching their way through your food stockpile could be even more lethal in the long run.

But I think for the game how it is right now, it wont fit in my opinion, because how would fighting look like?

Well, I imagine that it wouldn't be too much different? Dogs attack by biting and pulling their target to restrict movement much like zombies do. For the time being that would likely remain unchanged from how current zombie fighting works (dogs run up to you and attack you, playing a biting animation as your character slows). The main danger of dogs is that they'd be smarter and use their natural speed to come at you quickly and from all sides, but if you managed to take one out they'd probably scatter and run off.

With bears it would be a little more complex. They could bite and slow as above (except far more painfully) or they could do a mighty swipe of their paw, knocking you down (but necessitating extra animation work to get the survivor to fall down). Of course that would just be a placeholder for the time being while additional animations are worked on but I figure it would work for what we have now.

Whether or not the devs actually do that is entirely up to them, though.

Of inscetes, enough to ask!

This is what it could give, grasshoppers could devour crops, or other insects. Is that insinuate that developers introduce new objects as anti-bug spray, sprays, masks to cover the face.

This solution may be natural or herbal.

844958PZide15.png

Flamethrower :D

?

I know there are plant diseases and bug spray. I've never made it but I know it's in game. I also like the idea of animals. I can image hauling back a deer or whatever animal and encountering a dog or bear eyeing your food. You could drop the deer and nope it home or you could try and fight it off. Would make survival more interesting. 

After that, it should not be any more than PZ looks like a Sims version of survival!

Some would be harmful, the grasshoppers inscetes type or ants are enough. After Ravens are also very good harmful, but they can attack the players!

Rabbits, moles, foxes could feel much.

Hell, if PZ was set in Australia (come on mapmakers, you can do it :P), adding in Magpies could be interesting. During the laying season, female magpies will 'swoop' down from trees near their nest, attacking the top of your head to keep you away. It hurts, and it's damned scary when you're six years old when it happens to you. The golden rule is NEVER to look up once they hit, to avoid risking eye damage. Wearing a hat with what looks like a face on it discourages them though.

Flash forward several years: Getting swooped by a Magpie, only to have it clonk off the headband of the earphones you're wearing makes you want to giggle, but not much else :P

Does Kentucky have similar birds that attack things nearby to protect their nest? They wouldn't cause much damage to a PC per se, but the shock and surprise caused by one smacking into the top of your head beak first could cause you to get a light pain moodle, get knocked off balance, or cry out in surprise (potentially attracting zombies).