Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

Anyone else having trouble getting baitfish from the fishing trap?

Not sure if I am just unlucky or not but everytime I check/remove it I get no bait.

Guess I was really unlucky as after setting up 4 fishing traps I finally got some bait fish.

The 3d sound is good but can be improved, apart from that, everything is great, I love the ability to make shelves and beds.

I searched a sledgehammer everywhere but have not found anything, did they change something or just me?

(sorry if this poorly written, but English is not my native language)

The Zombies seem to react to Sadisitc AI Events i do not hear. Some of them may have better ears than my character, but all of them?

Had three occasions where zombies around me started to walk in one direction while i didn't hear anything.

Maybe you should do some volume balancing on both or either side (zombie reaction distance vs event volume).

The Zombies seem to react to Sadisitc AI Events i do not hear. Some of them may have better ears than my character, but all of them?

Had three occasions where zombies around me started to walk in one direction while i didn't hear anything.

Maybe you should do some volume balancing on both or either side (zombie reaction distance vs event volume).

There was a bug stopping the helicopter/gunshot sounds from playing.

Speaking of sounds there is a new alarm now? I triggered an alarm but it wasn't as loud as the first alarm.

*Edit* make that two new alarms?

It's the pitch who change ;)

Oh the pitch was changed :P I like the new sound the old alarm seemed to be a bit too loud I never set off a house alarm or heard one in real life so I had no idea what they sound like but I assumed they would sound quieter like the current one.

I like the zombie migration and loot respawn so simple to set up :)

offtopicish

Maybe the alarm tactic was to make the person who was breaking in suffer from hearing loss that way they could track him down :L

I´m not so sure if this is a good idea, in reality  I drive every day past a abdoned house on my way to work but it takes years for nature to wear it down(about 8 years now). So this had to be handled very carefully by the devs because its a very slow process. Seasons on the other hand sound like a quite good thing, if there are possibilitys to get the player warm (heater, winter cloth (maybe made from hunting ?),...)

Some completely different question: aren´t there in the USA no deep freezers ? Or Basements in the buildings ? Don´t know but as a nation so paranoid I think at least every second would have his falloutvault under his house stuffed with rations an weapons ... And there could be food stored over a long time.

In the southern US we have a vine called kudzu that can grow at up to a foot per day, and will grow over trees and houses like they aren't even there. That's just one of the invasive species in the southern US; suffice to say, with the climate here, it wouldn't take as long as you think. 

@mrwhite Dont mow the lawn for one month during summer and see it yourself, pal. It is a bloody jungle here up north. Without human touch things can look really wild.

How well those devices of yours manage without electricity I wonder? Basements are cooler, granted, but I would vouch for drying & salting meat and preserving fruits etc in the long run.

Yes, if I don´t mow for one month I will see the grass grows up to 50cm depending on what sort of of gras is used, but that are only experince i made - didn´t now that you have such monsterous gras in the USA but you never stop learning.

To the decay of houses, ok I did a little research and learned that in the USA houses are only build very "light" so I correct myself and agree a house must decay in a few days and has to collapse at around one month at the latest.

I also apologize for the freezers - stupid idea  you are right when there is no electricity even no solar, generators, wind, etc. they are useless so no need and the basement ok think it´s also useless too if the houses collapse in one month :???: .

I visit my Grandmother and cousins a lot we walk around the neighborhood during the warmer months. While walking my Grandma told me about a house that had really tall grass and an overgrown garden. She told me that the family there couldn't pay for the house so they abandoned it she said they left around a month and a half ago. The exterior of the house wasn't really decayed but you could tell it was left alone for awhile. By the way I live in Connecticut the state I live in is up north and the temperature and vegetation is different from KY so I'd think since it's warmer in KY than it is In CT the plants would have more time to grow and the erosion process would be faster than it would be in CT.

Ok, so I was merrily executing them zombies one by one, luring them as few as I could with my trusty axe, and then it was down to this ONE zombie, I did my usual kiting technique, I was a few feet WELL away from the zombie, but it still had the attack/biting animation. Well, long story short, the zombie had some kinda magical air-biting attack which could reach me even when a few feet away.

I like the fact that some subtle changes are being implemented without any big sign pointing it to us. Normally I like exhaustive patch notes, but in a survival game where exploration is part of the fun... well... explorations of new features at least, especially while in an early access, is part of the fun too!

Anyway, what am I talking about? Oh right! To the point...

MUZZLE FLASH!

Maybe I've missed it before, but, if I'm not mistaken, this is new. Hell, fighting the horde at midnight has never been that fun!

I visit my Grandmother and cousins a lot we walk around the neighborhood during the warmer months. While walking my Grandma told me about a house that had really tall grass and an overgrown garden. She told me that the family there couldn't pay for the house so they abandoned it she said they left around a month and a half ago. The exterior of the house wasn't really decayed but you could tell it was left alone for awhile. By the way I live in Connecticut the state I live in is up north and the temperature and vegetation is different from KY so I'd think since it's warmer in KY than it is In CT the plants would have more time to grow and the erosion process would be faster than it would be in CT.

I live in Kentucky and can give an answer to that in one word: "Kudzu"

800px-Kudzu_on_trees_in_Atlanta%2C_Georg

In the southern US we have a vine called kudzu that can grow at up to a foot per day, and will grow over trees and houses like they aren't even there. That's just one of the invasive species in the southern US; suffice to say, with the climate here, it wouldn't take as long as you think. 

Indeed, it's a monster :P

800px-Kudzu_on_trees_in_Atlanta%2C_Georg

Oh my god! is there a house or something buried under all those vines. It looks like a rainforest.