Released: Build 28.3

RobertJohnson

Yeah that is fine counting them but when it goes crazy I would not be counting rounds lol

Like last night me and friend got into the police station with hordes chasing us.

And I was not counting rounds as I was to busy trying not to get eaten lol

Would be a nice thing to have but that's just me.

I don't think going more exact would be the right thing to do for the game to be honest. You can't tell exactly when a baseball bat will break or when an axehead will slip. No reason you should be able to in game, either, in my opinion. Personally, I'd rather it be less exact.

I agree here, it could even be brought to a point where your character 'examines' it and then says "Looks rickety" or "looks rather flimsy" or "Seems solid" or whatever way they want to abstractify it. I feel that things misfiring and breaking at bad moments adds to suspense and in a zombie game suspense is your friend.

But if you want it  like real life like the devs seem to want then checking ammo in a pistol magazine should be in.

I could be asking to much but seems like a normal thing to me  if your using a firearm to able to check what your ammo count is lol.

Thanks.

But if you want it like real life like the devs seem to want then checking ammo in a pistol magazine should be in.

I could be asking to much but seems like a normal thing to me if your using a firearm to able to check what your ammo count is lol.

Thanks.

Checking ammo is actually less realistic, not more. Magazines are solid metal… you can't see through them unless you're superman. The rifles have internal magazines that you don't usually pull out, and shotguns store their shells in the tube under the barrel. So, if you want to check ammo count it typically means fully unloading the weapon and then reloading it. I'd be okay with that being added, but just know it'll take twice or more time as reloading.

• Zombies can't jump over closed/barricaded windows anymore.

A question:

do you mean when they climb through a window when it's closed ? (not broken obviously)

If yes, I am pretty sure I saw them doing that in build 28.

If no, could please explain what do you mean?

A question:

do you mean when they climb through a window when it's closed ? (not broken obviously)

If yes, I am pretty sure I saw them doing that in build 28.

If no, could please explain what do you mean?

Yes, they are not supposed to be able to climb through closed windows (neither through barricaded windows).

Yes, they are not supposed to be able to climb through closed windows (neither through barricaded windows).

I see.

Do you think it's possible or what?

I am pretty sure I saw that happening yesterday testing the new build, obviously I'll pay more attention next time, I am aware recording would be the only way to show you...

First I'd like to know if it could be possible or it was my imagination :)

I was running away from some zombies in West Point and this one went straight to the closed window and I saw him doing the usual climb through animation and disappear... I tried to go around the building to see if he was there, but I couldn't because, well, fleeing :)

when you opt into the IWBUMS steam beta branch, is the in-game start menu supposed to say Build 28 (at the right bottom corner above the available  options)? Because I opted into the beta branch, on steam it says Project Zomboid[beta] but the start menu still says Build 27 #1.

when you opt into the IWBUMS steam beta branch, is the in-game start menu supposed to say Build 28 (at the right bottom corner above the available  options)? Because I opted into the beta branch, on steam it says Project Zomboid[beta] but the start menu still says Build 27 #1.

Then you're not in IWBUMS.

I see.

Do you think it's possible or what?

I am pretty sure I saw that happening yesterday testing the new build, obviously I'll pay more attention next time, I am aware recording would be the only way to show you...

First I'd like to know if it could be possible or it was my imagination :)

I was running away from some zombies in West Point and this one went straight to the closed window and I saw him doing the usual climb through animation and disappear... I tried to go around the building to see if he was there, but I couldn't because, well, fleeing :)

If you can provide a screenshot or video of it next time, it'll help me a lot ;)

Click the link in the opening thread to learn how to get it.  The "how do I get this"

But if you want it like real life like the devs seem to want then checking ammo in a pistol magazine should be in.

I could be asking to much but seems like a normal thing to me if your using a firearm to able to check what your ammo count is lol.

Thanks.

Checking ammo is actually less realistic, not more. Magazines are solid metal… you can't see through them unless you're superman. The rifles have internal magazines that you don't usually pull out, and shotguns store their shells in the tube under the barrel. So, if you want to check ammo count it typically means fully unloading the weapon and then reloading it. I'd be okay with that being added, but just know it'll take twice or more time as reloading.

I agree with everything you said even if some magazines like glock have a round count indicator or with pmags that have window for approximate number rounds left.

Even if it takes twice as long to check what rounds you have the ability to do it would be nice.

But it 's not a major thing so probably never be put in game.

UPCOMING Hotfix #1

[NEW STUFF]

• Added a mouseover tooltip for the plants to quickly check the water lvl of your plants, need at least farming lvl 2, picture

[bUG FIX]

• Fixed save compatibility problem (when loading a build 27 saved game).
  • Fixed the marksman trait (police officer) not taking in calcul.
  • Fixed crafting bug : when you have only 1 bowl you had the option to split the soup into X bowls, making the bowls disapear.
  • Fire can start from stove again.
  • No more automatical fire start when puting a campfire inside a house (but a lit campfire will burn the house down).
  • Remove the world filler when burning the item.
  • Fire lighting are back.
  • Fixed the "spill gravel/sand/dirt" on ground not working when not having a hammer in your inventory.

[bALANCE]

• Slight decrease of the time needed to aim with every guns.
  • Slight increase of the pistol base hit chance.

If you can provide a screenshot or video of it next time, it'll help me a lot ;)

Sure, impossible to get a screenshot, I'll try with a video. Won't be easy, that happened just a couple of times with build 28. One I am 99% sure,I barely remember the other one.

• No more automatical fire start when puting a campfire inside a house (but a lit campfire will burn the house down).
A quick question about this. I didn't know it would burn down the house in 27.2 because I never tried, I used campfire only a couple of times in the mall and it was ok, I assume it was for the dirt thou...