Starbound

TheCenturion

Well we would have to get someone else anyways austin

PB stated the truth though, someone who knows what he's doing and can do it, should set up the server.

Seeing that you are the wizard of esoteric networking magicks and stuff you might be the most suitable person kirrus.

If any one else wants to pitch in, go ahead.

Why the hate on Hamachi? I've used it for years and always found it quite fantastic. Even with my own router, I'd rather not leave dozens of ports open, and Hamachi is a five second workaround =D

That's also another reason I use it. It's simple. I just don't have the paid version. I AM thinking of getting a subscription however, since it'll make my life even easier.

It's still annoying and I'd rather not use it if someone else could just start a regular server.

I do agree with that. Although it's a simple workaround, it gets annoying at times.

Anyways, point is, I can't do it because I don't have the means nor the skills to do so. So someone else who DOES should set everything up. I honestly should've have even thought of doing it in the first place due to my shitty, jury-rigged setup.

That was kind of a dick thing to say.

Why? I'd rather have someone who can just make a server and not deal with the annoyances and limitations of hamachi. 

It was a dick thing to say because you insulted the guy. You may not see it, but I do.

It's still annoying and I'd rather not use it if someone else could just start a regular server.

We'll have to agree to disagree XD I've always found it powers of ten less annoying and more secure than port forwarding- not sure how it's annoying, anyways. My main group of friends and I are pretty much always connected via Hamachi, so if one of us starts a server for something there's literally nothing to do but type in "localhost" and call it good.

Wow, this game really took off. Next to PZ in my 'must play' indie game selection now. I was a little paranoid the game would be a total flop like so many others this year, but it looks like I've been proven wrong... so hooray!

Alright, dude. lmao

While I probably shouldn't continue it, what Austin is saying is that you were quite blunt in what you said. Obviously someone else is better, but you could have said it a little more carefully. Just because you don't know a guy over the net doesn't mean common courtesy isn't something to aim for.

I'm actually a little surprised that so many don't seem to understand this...?  :???:

Has the update happened yet? I'm at werk and cant check.

I believe so.

Well we would have to get someone else anyways austin

PB stated the truth though, someone who knows what he's doing and can do it, should set up the server.

Sorry Austin, but he's kind of right.

Right or not he could have approached the situation with less of a dick attitude

like acex222 wrote, the main reason for not using hamachi is the fact that it's another program you have to run besides. playing games today is like opening steam, opening launcher, opening hamachi and so on - they are all instances which are slowing down your machine because of their amount.

but if there are no other solutions for you to play online, it's a good choice.

I used hamachi for Terraria and Minecraft to game with my buddies. Was the only way to get Terraria to work and it let us play multiplayer on Minecraft without having to buy a server. Not my favoritest of programs but it gets the job done.

Hmm... I've been looking into this game the past few days. It looks like Terraria in space, which I love as a concept. How many planets and systems are there? How easy is it to travel from planet to planet and star to star?

don't know how many planets - there are so much, i didn't count them yet. if you spend some time doing the first quests and crafting some good starter items, it's very easy to travel. all you need is coal, which is good to find a bit deeper. with a silver or gold pickaxe you are able to mine very fast. with 300 to 400 coal you are able to travel a lot :)

The amount of resources Hamachi takes is minuscule at most haha. Less than 1/4 of 1 percent of my processor gets dedicated to it. I'm not saying people can't dislike Hamachi- there's valid reasons to- just not the ones you guys are posing X=

The amount of resources Hamachi takes is minuscule at most haha. Less than 1/4 of 1 percent of my processor gets dedicated to it. I'm not saying people can't dislike Hamachi- there's valid reasons to- just not the ones you guys are posing X=

of course, but it also saves itself some space in ram and is a running process. it's the amount of all that "minuscule" programs. everytime "something" changes in your ram, cache, harddisk or similar, your os has to deal with all the stuff in there.