Released: Vehicle Tech Test build
27 27

832 posts in this topic

Kim, part of the sudden scarcity is likely the extreme increase in fuel consumption this build, something I think should be reverted. 

But yeah, overall I do think fuel amount is too deterministic. It'd be better to find cars that obviously weren't abandoned with more appropriate amounts of gas.

Hopefully that'll start being included as zoning is worked out.

B33ware   

So, I play the new build on a more powerful rig (amd a8-7410, and Radeon R5 graphics, 8 Gb ram) and the build run pretty faster.

I didn't spot some serious lag, ~35 fps, first 3 days I play only on foot.

Gas is very scarce, I found ~15 vehicles and all of them were empty. After some looting I found a half-empty gas can and decide to try the nearby wagon. When I start to drive the car I spot the huge FPS drop to 15 FPS and lower, it hard to drive the car with such lags. 

Gas presence is really bad for this moment, when the electricity go off we will not be able to took gasoline from the gas station, there is no gas in the cars. We run out of gas on the map for about 1-3 months in game and they become useless.

I really hope for the IWBUMS 38, good work!

Edited by B33ware

B33ware   

Also I found a bag: radio transmissions stops on the day 7-8, don't remember correctly.

The last one I've heard was about infection spread, walking dead and so one, but this is not the end, there should be more and more.

I haven't played this build long enough to know, but can you honk the horn? If not, that would be a great way to distract the zeds, or perhaps even a mechanic in which we can place a corpse into the driver seat and lay it against the horn, so it goes until it stops, essentially creating a long-term distraction that keeps zeds away from any areas you want to explore.

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Quick question, but what build of IWBUMS does this incorporate? Wondering what won't work anymore before I switch back.

Pretty sure it's 38.11.

Svarog   

Sandbox Gas Consumption option is confusing because it's probably the only such thing where lower values increase consumption and higher ones decrease it.