RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Ok cigarettes are dropped in abundant loot, after killing 80 zombies, means on extremely rare loot/hight difficulties that would be at 99% impossible to find some, luck is probability , i think the cigs drop probability is way too low imo, that confirm why in my main game after killing 500+ there were no cigs drops.

Edited by NagashUD

55 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Ok cigarettes are dropped in abundant loot, after killing 80 zombies, means on extremely rare loot/hight difficulties that would be at 99% impossible to find some, luck is probability , i think the cigs drop probability is way too low imo, that confirm why in my main game after killing 500+ there were no cigs drops.

So anyway its a extremaly rare chance to find a cigs in zombies, but its a chance :)

2 hours ago, screamik said:

So anyway its a extremaly rare chance to find a cigs in zombies, but its a chance :)

Cigs shoudn't be this rare, cigs are actually as rare as axes... :
"Base.Axe", 0.1,
"Base.Cigarettes", 0.1,
I think cigs should be more commun to find on people than axes ... even in 90's

Edited by NagashUD

55 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Cigs shoudn't be this rare, cigs are actually as rare as axes... :
"Base.Axe", 0.1,
"Base.Cigarettes", 0.1,
I think cigs should be more commun to find on people than axes ... even in 90's

I agree with you. Axes could be more rarely. But. If cigs will fall more often, what the point of perk "smoker"? Just free 6 skillpoints?

Edited by screamik

12 minutes ago, screamik said:

I agree with you. Axes could be more rarely. But. If cigs will fall more often, what the point of perk "smoker"? Just free 6 skillpoints?

I agree that cigs should be more easy to find on corpses than axes (since actually, zombies are my main supply of axes everytime i play).

If cigs were more hard to find BUT you could grow your own tobacco and make your own homemade cigarettes of lower quality and less lasting effects (buffs), that could make up for good balance.

All of this revolving around the balance of one trait, but it would give normal found cigarettes more value and it could be a commodity for NPCs with the smoker trait.

Edited by Blasted_Taco

6 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I agree that cigs should be more easy to find on corpses than axes (since actually, zombies are my main supply of axes everytime i play).

If cigs were more hard to find BUT you could grow your own tobacco and make your own homemade cigarettes of lower quality and less lasting effects (buffs), that could make up for good balance.

All of this revolving the balance of one trait, but it would give normal found cigarettes more value and it could be a commodity for NPCs. 

If we will can grow own tobbaco, then trait smoker have to balanced from 6 to 2 or maybe 4... Anyway growing own tobbaco will be cool ^^

Edited by screamik

1 hour ago, screamik said:

You can play without finding an axe, cigs in containers are limited, after smoked the 40 cigs, if you are not able to find any, or a pack every 500 zombies you kill, that is not what i call balanced, especially for people who play with extremely rare loot, what would be the point to take the trait if your hope of finding cigs = 0,001%

agree with Blasted_Taco   growing tobacco could be a good way as well for balancing, i'm not saying to find cigarettes in each zombie corpse, but a bit highter probability would balance it more .

It's not 0.001%, it's based on lot of things, the more zombie area density is big, the bigger chance you have to find cigs, go in the prison and you'll find more ;)

Not having a smoke with the smoker trait won't kill you, it's supposed to be a bit rare, it's 6 points :D

Thing being you play in extremely rare, so if I increase this, in normal loot you'll find a ton of them... I'll prob increase their drop in gas station, but not on zombie...

Maybe 6 points is a bit much ? 4 wouldn't be enough? , i love this trait sincerly, i just wish it correctly balanced, less rare but less points could be an idea? esp with a long term survival, i know it won't kill me but also books will disapprears with time to remove the depressed moodles

Edited by NagashUD

54 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Maybe 6 points is a bit much ? 4 wouldn't be enough? , i love this trait sincerly, i just wish it correctly balanced, less rare but less points could be an idea? esp with a long term survival, i know it won't kill me but also books will disapprears with time to remove the depressed moodles

I agree, 6 free points is  overkill.

Between 2 and 4 should be enough.

Roosewood just sounds wrong. Rosewood is where it's at. ;-)

---

On a related subject, the whole new key system with the indefinitely locked interior doors is just not working out.

No, I'm not saying it should be easy to get in everywhere. Just that the way it's implemented right now is totally showing no promise. Every iron bar door and fancy steel door is locked by default, 100% of the time. In buildings like the prison and most police stations, the error in this is easy to see. Navigating it is limited to either chopping the door down with an axe, letting the zombies destroy every door in sight, or easily sidestepping the lock completely by breaking a window and getting in that way.

You could argue that the loot behind said doors is valuable - but not in this implementation, as none of that risk is there (and neither is the reward).

Aside from the bugs I already shared surrounding the system that are still there, the simple truth is that if the new key system is here to stay for these bugged buildings there definitely needs to be a new method to get working keys aside from zombie drops (which also do not work currently for unlocking any interior door). Alternatively,  the old system functioned better. In my opinion the last iteration of it would serve as a better replacement until a more fleshed out key distribution system exists. I may create a post for the suggestions board regarding an alternate way to do this, but the way it is right now is not showing great potential (and, of course, is broken). 

This is one of those difficulty tweaks where the horse should have come before the cart. I can go more in depth about my criticism of it (and what could be done to fix it), but I think this is a mistake. 

Thank you again for making a super build that is a blast to play in, but this is my only real qualm with it. Aside from this not currently working as intended, in general several things should happen with keys and locks before this gets implemented, as currently this just works against the player and overcomplicates things.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

15 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

This makes me wonder....would keys spawning in desks or offices of said buildings to open the door would work + having zombies drop the keys too?

Just say that the keys that spawned in the desk, office or whatever were backup keys.

Currently it is not difficult to get keys in the prison thanks to the fact that there is over a thousand zed in the place (and like the mall, apparently half of them worked for the place and didn't leave when the zed hit). Expanding the drops to that standard would be a start (good desk and locker loot idea) but it does not fix the core issues here.

Not to drag this thread into a topic about keys, but the rooms that are actually locked should be chosen manually while making the map rather than just blanket-applied to every single kind of a certain door. This problem becomes clear in new-build fresh maps - exploring the prison where at least hundred doors are locked but only 2-4 of them actually must be bypassed to reach anything valuable (both implied value and physical value). Having them be locked 100% of the time is also counter-intuitive. It should have been tied to the "locked houses frequency" server option at least. This does not add realism and does not hold well compared to the rest of the map and their lock situation. 

I think any further I have to say on this belongs on the suggestions board, for now I am suggesting that it was better off until these things can be addressed. The bugs that prevent it from working as intended are one thing, but if these doors would have been locked regardless (working as intended) there is that whole slew of issues.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

35 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

This makes me wonder....would keys spawning in desks or offices of said buildings to open the door would work + having zombies drop the keys too?

Just say that the keys that spawned in the desk, office or whatever were backup keys.

This is what I wanted from the beginning, really.

Leading zombies into a building to generate keys is just . . . painful. It'd be different if the zombie spawned in that  house had a chance to have the keys on them (or near the house). I had hoped we'd also find random keys on zombies out in the wild unrelated to the building they're near -- perhaps one day when we have addresses (readable addresses?) it could make keys more valuable . . . if doors mattered.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This is what I wanted from the beginning, really.

Leading zombies into a building to generate keys is just . . . painful. It'd be different if the zombie spawned in that  house had a chance to have the keys on them (or near the house). I had hoped we'd also find random keys on zombies out in the wild unrelated to the building they're near -- perhaps one day when we have addresses (readable addresses?) it could make keys more valuable . . . if doors mattered.

Huh i always thought that the zombies that spawned inside the house was the zombie who had a chance to have the key, i thought that leading zombies into a building to generate keys was just a bug when the key system came out.

Keys can spawn in side table too, but i should add bit more to the spawn table. For the prison yeah, I may need to lower the key spawn rate because of all the zombies in there...

Thing being, I can only say "this type of door will always be locked, even if interior", or Mash will have to duplicate the door to have one with the locked props, another one without and replace the door on the map... But the prison should have lot of door locked anyway, it's a damn prison after all :D

I fixed the bug with the locked doors not being able to be unlocked with keys found inside the house/prison.